Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-13-2019, 04:11 PM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Moreover I think that the fact she is French is something that made her more interesting and charming for the international market. What do you think?
Absolutely! I don't recognize English versions of her songs from MCE. If she ever comes back to the music world, she should sing in French to the music composed by someone outside France.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:20 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
If she ever comes back to the music world, she should sing in French to the music composed by someone outside France.
I don't know about the compositors but I agree with you: she should sing in French. Maybe she might make a couple of international collaborations in English but she is great the way she is. She doesn't need to change her language to find new fans.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:33 PM

Her duo with Olly Murs is a good example when English and French are getting along.

When I watch her interviews, I don't understand a word, but her voice just blows me away.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
I don't understand a word, but her voice just blows me away.
Exactly :P
Old 09-13-2019, 05:37 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
When I watch her interviews, I don't understand a word, but her voice just blows me away.
There is something soothing about Alizee's voice. She is calm and well spoken. Always has that beautiful smile. People want to draw near to somebody like her. Her personality is what puts her above the rest, in my opinion.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:16 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Alizee had a 16 year run in the upper echelons (at least in Europe) of the entertainment business. That's a pretty good run considering that most pop stars only last on top for about 18-24 months. Even so, I believe she could have been huge if she spoke English and played the United States.

Those of us not in the business tend to think of entertainment as glamorous and an easy way to make tons of money. On the other hand, we see many people in the business torn and twisted by the stresses and humiliations inflicted by a business that can be very tawdry backstage.

I have serious questions whether Alizee would be happy as a blockbuster star. I think she left singing because she just didn't have a passion for it, and she mismanaged her career because she didn't have a passion for that. Fundamentally, Alizee appears to be a private person unsuited to a public life. Somewhat like her mother who is a very private person. Although, as a contradiction to my hypothesis, Alizee appears to likes the attention--thinking selfies. Gregorie offered her a loving and stable life that she could be comfortable in. And she wisely took it. It's obvious, Alizee is where she belongs right now. Frankly, I envy her.

As a fan, however, I am not, at all, happy with the status quo. I want Alizee back as a singer.

I very much like Silencio's idea for this thread. So far I've picked up some great music from it and discovered an artist I have never heard of before--Adriano Celentano, my thanks to Aragorn97.

Although I don't expect Alizee to ever make a comeback, I am always looking for music that reminds me of her. In an earlier post I listed James Blunt's - "You're Beautiful" because it made me think about what the experience of being an Alizee fan was like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oofS...index=124&t=0s

I also like Lilly Wood and The Prick's "Where I Want To Be" because Alizee's brother made a mix of it which I have mislaid. He used pictures of Little Capo, a beach frequented by Alizee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFBn...index=495&t=0s

I am always looking for music that I think Alizee could sing if she ever made a comeback. I think she would do well with Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me a River." It would be interesting to hear it in French. The only problem with it is that Alizee likes to change the lyrics of the songs she sings to make them relate to her life. I suspect that's one of the reasons her songs have strange lyrics. This song doesn't have anything to do with Alizee's emotions. The lyrics are vengeful, something I don't associate with Alizee. Even so, I believe this song would work for Alizee's comeback. It's modern and hip and would suit her voice. The song that immediately follows "Cry Me A River" is another song Alizee could sing "All Of My Life."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsy-...&index=69&t=0s

Last edited by Shepherd; 09-13-2019 at 07:32 PM..
Old 09-14-2019, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
So far I've picked up some great music from it and discovered an artist I have never heard of before--Adriano Celentano, my thanks to Aragorn97.

You'll see that he is a very exceptional artist

Quote:
Although I don't expect Alizee to ever make a comeback, I am always looking for music that reminds me of her. In an earlier post I listed James Blunt's - "You're Beautiful" because it made me think about what the experience of being an Alizee fan was like.
I hadn't listened to this song for years. Great choice!
Old 09-14-2019, 05:52 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have serious questions whether Alizee would be happy as a blockbuster star.
Absolutely correct. Its possible she could have found her niche, but she never really did

Quote:
I think she left singing because she just didn't have a passion for it, and she mismanaged her career because she didn't have a passion for that.
Yes. I suspect she left Mylene after 2003 because Mylene was literally wearing her out. After that, Alizee didn't quite know what to do with herself. She liked certain things about being a performer, though. Maybe she felt if she were her own boss--- rather than being worked to death by Mylene--- that she could find some kind of happy medium. ???

Quote:
Fundamentally, Alizee appears to be a private person unsuited to a public life.
Yes-- except when she's performing on stage. I think her brain literally goes into a different state when she's performing. (She's said that she feels like a completely different person when she's on stage.)

Quote:
Although, as a contradiction to my hypothesis, Alizee appears to likes the attention--thinking selfies.
I don't think its a contradiction at all: she enjoys being on stage and performing, and in her mind the selfies are like being on stage.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
I believe she could have been huge if she spoke English
A bit of English won't hurt her even nowadays. Not for singing, but for making useful contacts (in any field of activity) and negotiating without an interpreter.

Quote:
I think she left singing because she just didn't have a passion for it
Or maybe just was offended by the failure of the Blonde tour. But what could she expect from her French fans if that 'blonde' image was unbecoming to her. Add to this terribly flawed music from the last album and an awkward videoclip to the "Blonde" song. Being angry with all music fans, she returned to Corsica...

Quote:
she mismanaged her career because she didn't have a passion for that
That is why there exist producers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I suspect she left Mylene after 2003 because Mylene was literally wearing her out.
Any thriving sportsman could say that his trainer is wearing him out. At the very moment when Alizée had such a thought, so-called friends like Jennifer, Jeremy and Nicola Sirkis appeared whispering in her ear that she should "escape from the claws of the spider" giving nothing in exchange for Mylene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I think her brain literally goes into a different state when she's performing. (She's said that she feels like a completely different person when she's on stage.)
Exactly. I just recently watched "Toc de mac", one of my favorite performances from En Concert, and noticed a very interesting moment that I've never noticed before:

This demonstrates the feature, called multitasking (mostly known at the computer world). Look how Alizée sings and dances at the same time and somebody is throwing some thing to the stage. She follows the thing by her eye but doesn't stop dancing ang singing (and even increases the amplitude of her wiggling). This proves that there is some "chip" in her brain designed specifically for public performances.

I'll add one more song conforming to the thread in hope to see such a miracle again in one of future concerts by Alizée.

Quote:
If you, if you could return
Don't let it burn
Don't let it fade
I'm sure I'm not being rude
But it's just your attitude
It's tearing me apart
It's ruining every day
Was it just a game to you?
But I'm in so deep
You know I'm such a fool for you
You've got me wrapped around your finger
Do you have to let it linger?
Do you have to, do you have to, do have to let it linger?
Thank you, Dolores, for this

Old 09-14-2019, 10:54 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This demonstrates the feature, called multitasking (mostly known at the computer world). Look how Alizée sings and dances at the same time and somebody is throwing some thing to the stage. She follows the thing by her eye but doesn't stop dancing ang singing (and even increases the amplitude of her wiggling). This proves that there is some "chip" in her brain designed specifically for public performances.
When Alizee is performing in En Concert, her mind is keeping track of literally hundreds of things at once. Its very impressive.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
I don't know about the compositors but I agree with you: she should sing in French. Maybe she might make a couple of international collaborations in English but she is great the way she is. She doesn't need to change her language to find new fans.
What is so special about French???

Suppose you go on a date with Alizee. Would you rather go on a date with an Alizee who speaks French but cannot speak English, or would you rather go on a date with an Alizee who speaks English but cannot speak French?

I'd rather go on a date with Alizee who speaks English rather than French. The date would be much more fun because I could talk to her!

How about you??

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 09-14-2019 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts