Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée America Podcast

Old 12-07-2008, 01:25 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
I have to admit to be a little concerned that Lili may be in the midst of pulling another disappearing act. I'm hoping I'm wrong...and that if I'm right, it's in support of either some new promotion for Psych, or work on a new album altogether, and that it won't be as long as her last excercise in self-exile...but at this point, I imagine it's anybody's guess.
Yeah, it’s kind of weird. The usual concern is that the fans will abandon the artist. In this case it feels somewhat like the roles are reversed. We all followed Alizée and took the tram to Lilly Town, but our tour guide disappeared on us many months ago and left us without a word, to wait and wonder. I really enjoyed the ride while it lasted, but the last 5 months have really been disappointing. And Psychédélices wasn’t even half way through its life cycle. I hope something good happens soon, because I’m still on board. But I can’t say this experience has not had some effect on how I relate to Alizée.

Let’s just hope there will be plenty of new material for podcasts in the near future. Supposedly Alizée was working on a surprise. And there is also supposed to be some sort of meeting with her French fans at the end of the year. Hopefully these things are going to happen. What a shame her record company didn’t have a promo going on with a new single during the Christmas gift buying season.

And I have to say that I also miss Ciara and her wonderful podcasts.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:19 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

At least, if you voice your concerns on Ciara's Myspace, I'm sure you can get a response from her. But, it's been 2 months without Lili news, better than the 2 years I had to wait with all the rumor mud rivers I had to swim through.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:25 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
... Is this situation similar in any way to her disappearing after the MCE tour?
apparently

Merci Fanny
Old 12-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
If Ciara cant do it or is hiding can someone else do the podcast?
There's nothing to talk about right now, so what's the point?
Old 12-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
Is this situation similar in any way to her disappearing after the MCE tour?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
apparently
Geez, I genuinely hope not, for her sake as well as ours. If Lili decides to take another four years off between albums...even the Mexican fans will have forgotten about her by then. And then where will she be?

Bleah. I'm so tired of all this uncertainty and doom & gloom, and it's only been a few months. I have no idea how you guys weathered four years of this. I really wish Lili would give us a head's up in some way.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
There's nothing to talk about right now, so what's the point?
I meant that if Ciara cant do it can someone else cohost or something.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 12-07-2008, 09:56 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Geez, I genuinely hope not, for her sake as well as ours. If Lili decides to take another four years off between albums...even the Mexican fans will have forgotten about her by then. And then where will she be?

Bleah. I'm so tired of all this uncertainty and doom & gloom, and it's only been a few months. I have no idea how you guys weathered four years of this. I really wish Lili would give us a head's up in some way.
Well, I don't know about four years, but I meant that the last five months have had the same character as what she did before. Just gone without a word. Edit: you know, it's just because I have missed her and the concert cancelation thing, but it's really not fair to say that even. She does claim that she will be back for more concerts next year.

I have often wondered how people could hang around for about 4 years too. I have at times really wondered if I could have waited that long. But you know what, go back and look at photos and videos of her and all that stuff from 2000-2004 and you may be reminded how those people could wait for her for 4 years. I still feel it when I look at that stuff. She exemplified human stature like a champion race horse, not just with something as simple as athleticism, but rather her whole aura glowed like the sun. I'm sure I exaggerate, but it's how I feel when I think about it now. I look at the Fifty-Sixty 12" on my desk (you know, the nice one with the photo from FHM and the purple background) and think, there's still much of that Alizée out there and she shared some of it with us just a few months back.

I think she still has plenty to melt hearts and inspire adoration, but if she does not share herself with us and put in the effort then it's all just water under the bridge. She does not count on any of us, but just hopes to do stuff in the future and that it works out for her, or so it seems. KMMS and Alizée have said she will try to do another part of her concert tour next year or the beginning of next year. So, maybe they're all just hanging out waiting for better days. I doubt that is all Alizée is doing, but I really can't know. Months ago I saw a rumor that a Mexican radio station said she was starting to work on her fourth album. Well yeah, it could have been total b.s., but maybe not. If you don't have both a bunch of other people around you who still think she shines brightly and the inclination to take a clue from the Mexicans and promote the idea that she can and will return to greatness, then all you can do is just wait around, try to translate her songs for fun, work hard on your own life and hope it and she intersect again some day. (ok that's advice I try to tell myself anyway)

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 12-07-2008 at 10:08 PM..
Old 12-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

Isnt she suposedly already working on a new album or single? Maybe she is focused on that. Dont take my word for it though I dont want to start rumors like AF, right jung?

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 12-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
already working on a new album
Zomg she's working on a new album??!!?!1?
Old 12-08-2008, 12:58 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

no i think that was a rumor that turned out to be false. the rumor was that she was working on a "jazz" style album with people who produce music of that kind but it was totally wrong.

Tags
podcast