Old 06-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Default La Candida

Please discuss:
1)What this song means to you.
2)What do you feel about this song.
3)What you like/don't like, and why.
4)How good it is from a musical standpoint.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Please refrain from using one-line comments (ex. "I Agree" "It's Awesome")
__________________________________________________ _______________

1)This song means more of an Alizée-related thing to me. It just shows me that some people still appreciate what great things strangers do for them. In this case it was the Mexican Fanbase supporting Alizée and her music. This happened with me too. It feels a bit weird saying this but, ScruffyDog777 was the stranger in this one I trusted a total stranger(except we have one thing in common, adoring Lilly) to use my money to get a signed CD of UEDS all the way from France and to get it to me. He was able to do it and so I adore and respect him to no end, and feel like I can trust him with whatever now.

2)I feel this is one of the best songs on the album. It was somewhat dedicated to her Mexican fans(but also all her other fans) and thats why it is in Spanish. Most people said, "what? I don't really care for Spanish songs". But, I love this song for that. She used her amazing Tri-lingual skills to create this amazing song that was for the most part, correct with spelling and grammar. So I mostly like it for the amazing Spanish that she used beautifully.

3)I love the lyrics and music, but I don't like how it was so short. It could have been just 30 seconds longer and that would have made it better. But she probably took in to consideration that she would have to memorize this song for her tour in Mexico

4)I think the music was outstanding! It was very catchy and helped show her thanks for her fans in a very good way. I loved the amazing bass throughout the whole song.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:21 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

This song is definately to her fans. Done in Spanish, yes, but that is a huge nod to her Mexican fanbase. I don't like a lot of songs in Spanish but I really like this one. It is a very beautiful song all the way through.

A look at the lyrics, I find a lot of how this song is really for her fans and how she is thanking her fans for being faithful and supporting her. However, depending on how you interpret the lyrics, this song doesn't seem to quite fit into the album quite like the other songs to me.

Like you Aaron, I have a thing when it comes to some songs though and their length. Most of her songs are at least 3 minutes long and allow me to really enjoy them. La Candida however is only just over 2 minutes long. While it is a very good song, I find it is in that typical song length range of too many songs today. I hate when I listen to a good song or one that I like and want more. So I will often find myself saying "Crap! The song is already over?!" or I'll find myself replaying the song.

Even with the shortness of the song being the only thing that I would change, I still think the song is absolutely beautiful all the way through and is very good.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
A look at the lyrics, I find a lot of how this song is really for her fans and how she is thanking her fans for being faithful and supporting her. However, depending on how you interpret the lyrics, this song doesn't seem to quite fit into the album quite like the other songs to me.
Yes it is definitely a song thanking her loyal fans and the mexican fanbase. But yes, if someone can somehow relate La Candida to the album, then I will bow down to you. Because I can't see any relation, it is just another nice gesture to her amazing fans
Old 07-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Ultimate Alizée Fan

Alizée@Rügen is on a distinguished road

And this my favorite song of the new album, but my absolut favorite song ever is J'en ai marre!
Old 07-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

This is definitely one of my top 3 favorites on the album. It's funny that I'm hispanic yet I have only two songs in spanish in my collection, both by non-native speakers (MJ and Lilly )
Old 08-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Ultimate Alizée Fan

Alizée@Rügen is on a distinguished road

My 2nd favorite song.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Well first off, I like it because I can actually understand some of it even though it's in Spanish! Makes me feel smart.

Tags
alizee, discussion, la candida, song, ueds