Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Unless I'm mistaken there was someone a while ago that said: "in a room filled with reporters she was the most shy and nicest of all of them", sure we can base of other peoples judgement and her way of acting. But we can't know how she is person to person with a certainty, so we fill in the blanks with either how we want her to be, or how we speculate her to be like. So even if you fell in love with the person, there's always the part-image that you can't get rid off.

"I believe her strong personality traits were pretty well developed before her rise to fame and have remained fairly consistant throughout all that has happened to her in the last ten years. Regardless of what you may think of those personality traits, maybe that's the most admirable thing of all, that Alizée consistantly remains Alizée, regardless of outside forces tugging and pulling at her. But that's just my opinion."

Which is her most beautiful aspect, she can change her looks but underneath it all she's still always the same Alizée she was 10 years ago.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:57 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I barely see the "image". The first thing I do is try to see beyond such things. Yes, Alizée is attractive, and that helps to create the initial interest to dig deeper. But the music is a big part of what interests me. But there is much to like about her beyond the image.

If you have paid attention to all the information available concerning Alizée over the last ten years, especially things she has said and done, you can sort of do a bit of speculating. As far as I can tell, Alizée is basically a good person, along with a few traits that some may see as negative or find annoying. In other words, she's a lot like most people who are for the most part very nice and likeable, but not perfect. What more can one expect of her? I see no evidence that she is not worthy of a reasonable amount of respect and admiration. I admire anyone who can keep their head on straight, especially in the environment in which Alizée has had to operate during the last ten years. She's done better than a lot of celebrities. Of course I don't know her personally, so I can't verify my conclusions with any evidence, but I haven't seen anything that would make me see her in a different light. And considering the fact that I am speculating, I won't go into any more detail than I already have. Let's just say that I don't think her celebrity status has changed her much.

I believe her strong personality traits were pretty well developed before her rise to fame and have remained fairly consistant throughout all that has happened to her in the last ten years. Regardless of what you may think of those personality traits, maybe that's the most admirable thing of all, that Alizée consistantly remains Alizée, regardless of outside forces tugging and pulling at her. But that's just my opinion.

I don't expect her to be perfect. That would be terribly unfair to anyone. If one expects Alizée to somehow be better than everyone else, sooner or later one is in for a disappointment. I believe she once said that she has a very strong "Corsican personality". Maybe that's not such a bad way to describe it. But in the end, my focus remains on the music, and on Alizée, the person.
Alizée has all my respect for the way she conducted herself so far.

You basically put it the way that I see it too. I certainly do see more to Alizée than her physical beauty. When I used the term “image” it was not in the sense that she is just a pretty face or a good looking woman. I just wanted to point out that I cannot know the real Alizée. I see her through a filter. One can certainly extrapolate and try to give her a particular personality (and I do myself), but this does come with a certain limitation which you also pointed out and which I try to keep myself aware of.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Ah, more newfound discovery and more revelation of the Alizée effect. It goes beyond anything that can be explained by her talent or her beauty. It's part of who she is as a person. An amazing thing. She pulled me out of a deep depression several years ago and restored my ability to write, and in gratitude I based a character on her that has now run through two going on three novels. (The two e-novels linked below are two of the three.)

As for her career, I see no sign that she is ready to hang it up. She is probably rethinking a lot of things, including what direction she wants to go musically, and perhaps what format to use. She may be thinking that the world has moved past the CD, and on to digital music which may not best be marketed in the form of an album. If she were closing down her career, she would say goodbye, and close down such things as her blog page and her Facebook fan page. So she'll be back, and we can all hope for her success. She won't be the first artist to produce something that failed commercially, and many of those who did went on to greater successes afterwards.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Just want to clear something up:

When I say her "image", I mean her as an ex. lolita and all of that, not image as in "wow, she's hot. I'd tap that".
Old 01-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naft View Post
Just want to clear something up:

When I say her "image", I mean her as an ex. lolita and all of that, not image as in "wow, she's hot. I'd tap that".
I figured you meant her Lolita image. And that's what I was talking about too in my post. As we are all aware, such images are used to promote and package an artist and their music. For some reason I never bought into them. I always wanted to know more about the real Alizée. She may consider herself boring, but I find her interesting. No doubt we all find her interesting.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:40 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

i watch the stars a domicile video like....on a weekly basis
Old 01-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
i watch the stars a domicile video like....on a weekly basis
My man That's how we do it!
Old 01-02-2011, 11:25 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I barely see the "image". The first thing I do is try to see beyond such things. Yes, Alizée is attractive, and that helps to create the initial interest to dig deeper. But the music is a big part of what interests me. But there is much to like about her beyond the image.

If you have paid attention to all the information available concerning Alizée over the last ten years, especially things she has said and done, you can sort of do a bit of speculating. As far as I can tell, Alizée is basically a good person, along with a few traits that some may see as negative or find annoying. In other words, she's a lot like most people who are for the most part very nice and likeable, but not perfect. What more can one expect of her? I see no evidence that she is not worthy of a reasonable amount of respect and admiration. I admire anyone who can keep their head on straight, especially in the environment in which Alizée has had to operate during the last ten years. She's done better than a lot of celebrities. Of course I don't know her personally, so I can't verify my conclusions with any evidence, but I haven't seen anything that would make me see her in a different light. And considering the fact that I am speculating, I won't go into any more detail than I already have. Let's just say that I don't think her celebrity status has changed her much.

I believe her strong personality traits were pretty well developed before her rise to fame and have remained fairly consistant throughout all that has happened to her in the last ten years. Regardless of what you may think of those personality traits, maybe that's the most admirable thing of all, that Alizée consistantly remains Alizée, regardless of outside forces tugging and pulling at her. But that's just my opinion.

I don't expect her to be perfect. That would be terribly unfair to anyone. If one expects Alizée to somehow be better than everyone else, sooner or later one is in for a disappointment. I believe she once said that she has a very strong "Corsican personality". Maybe that's not such a bad way to describe it. But in the end, my focus remains on the music, and on Alizée, the person.
What Lefty said as usual
Old 01-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
People, we need to wake up!

This is an Alizée Forum! I feel we have taken "UEDS was a flop" way too hard.

When was the last time you watched a video of Alizée from the MCE Era? I bet it's been too long!

We need to get our minds back together and look back and see that Alizé was/is/always will be one of the most successful French performers/singers/dancers/artists of ALL TIME!

Why are we making some dedicated members pay for the Video Section when we don't even use it? Start refreshing your minds and go watch the FUN TV Interview! http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=4

We need to start spreading the word of Alizée again to our friends and not sit here waiting to see what Jalen's next move on Azhiri will be (even though that has always been quite entertaining).

I feel most of us have lost our passion for Alizée because UEDS didn't turn out to be what we expected...but it's a new year people...and that means there are 363 more days in 2011 to watch Alizée mature, sing, stun us, and surprise us. So get up off your but and go grab your copy (whether digital or physical) of En Concert, dust it off, and flip to Gourmandises.

You better watch this video comrade! And put it on fullscreen and plug in headphones for a better experience!
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L8gXCR0m5Ns?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L8gXCR0m5Ns?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Does anyone agree with me on any of this? I just feel we are becoming less Alizee fans and more fans of the forum...who cares if some of us aren't as "Lilly-crazed" as we used to be, at least act and talk like you are a fan or at least were...we need people to lead us and mentor us to be senior Alizee fans!
Speak for yourself broski, I've been watching them quite regularly.

Besides, the reason why we seem to brood about UEDs being a "flop" is because we can't SEEM TO FRIGGEN TALK ABOUT IT WITHOUT MASSIVE EXPLOSIONS AND TORNADOS OCCURING HERE.

Perhaps if we could simply discuss it as we please, we would be able to move on.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

It's been discussed at length over and over

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Tags
alizee, alizeeamerica, focus, new direction