Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-24-2023, 06:14 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default Dolly Parton as a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader !

I didn't watch the game Dallas against Washington; so I missed the halftime show. But I stumbled over it tonight. I think it might play here; or you might have to play it on the old twitter which is now X !
http://twitter.com/i/status/1727863919778349060
Old 11-24-2023, 10:05 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
I didn't watch the game Dallas against Washington; so I missed the halftime show. But I stumbled over it tonight. I think it might play here; or you might have to play it on the old twitter which is now X !
http://twitter.com/i/status/1727863919778349060
I have a lot of respect for her and what she's done for her fans. Still I noticed she had to grip a portion of the stage during her performance, something I'm sure she wouldn't have needed to have done in her younger days, but it's a performance I enjoyed compared to some of the other performances at halftime I've seen in recent years.
Old 11-24-2023, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I have a lot of respect for her and what she's done for her fans. Still I noticed she had to grip a portion of the stage during her performance, something I'm sure she wouldn't have needed to have done in her younger days, but it's a performance I enjoyed compared to some of the other performances at halftime I've seen in recent years.
Yes, Scruffy ! Dolly is a nice lady and always tries to help everybody out. But here she is in her 70's; so I noticed she had to grip the stage, too !

Edit:

Dolly and Miley Cyrus singing together. wrecking Ball is Cyrus's Hit while i will always love you is another girls . I think Dolly likes her, because she is kinda a country girl, also. But I was never into Miley that much !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 11-24-2023 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 11-25-2023, 11:55 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yes, Scruffy ! Dolly is a nice lady and always tries to help everybody out. But here she is in her 70's; so I noticed she had to grip the stage, too !

Edit:

Dolly and Miley Cyrus singing together. wrecking Ball is Cyrus's Hit while i will always love you is another girls . I think Dolly likes her, because she is kinda a country girl, also. But I was never into Miley that much !
Miley is an incredibly talented singer, but I don't like "other" things she does on stage.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:48 PM

Default Le Double Reverse Flea Flicker back to Mahomes to Travis

Patrick Mahomes is a wily quarterback ! Here he uses a Double Flea Flicker, I think, and back to him to pass to Travis Kelce ( who is the Beau to Taylor Swift ! )
It is very hard to get the ball to Travis; because Mahomes uses him a lot !
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...05318405&ei=71

This may not play here because of copyrights, so you will have to go there to see the Beauty of it. Travis almost scores on the play against the now Las Vegas Raiders !
I thought I got the exact link; but the video of the play is in the middle of the story !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 11-26-2023 at 08:55 PM..
Old 12-10-2023, 10:50 PM

Default My Favortie Player on any team is actually the PR or the KR

My Favorite Player on any NFL team is actually the PR or the KR ! The Punt Returner or the Kick Returner ! The Ravens new Punt Returner takes it all the way to win the game in overtime ( the game was 31-31 a high scorer; so any time you punt or kick off can be a most dangerous time ! ) The regular PR for the Ravens was injured with a back injury; so this guy is pressed into service ! Sometimes you run fast; just so you won;lt get tackled ! Ha! i Hope you can get this because it is on Twitter/X now .
http://twitter.com/NFL/status/173396...-in-ot-vs-rams

Another view if it makes it It doesn't look so easy from here !
http://twitter.com/i/status/1733965396867510535

It is a dangerous occupation ; as guys are coming down the field at full tilt at you; so you will see lots of returners run sideways for a while to get out of the line of fire ! Ha !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 12-10-2023 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: more info
Old 12-11-2023, 03:49 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

What are your picks for the college football playoffs?

No. 1 Michigan vs. No. 4 Alabama | Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California

One-loss Alabama managed to eke their way into the top four over unbeaten Florida State. I don't think Alabama is better than Georgia overall, but they beat Georgia in the SEC championship game so it's only right to have Alabama represent the SEC in the CFP.

The cheating scandal surrounding Michigan will hopefully get blown wide open after the playoffs. The illegal scouting of future opponents has been going on for several years, and it remains to be seen if they used technology to steal signs. Anything Michigan accomplishes this year might be yanked out from under them, as it should if they violated NCAA rules.

It's going to be a defensive battle and rather low scoring, but Alabama will prevail 24-17.

No. 2 Washington vs. No. 3 Texas | Sugar Bowl in New Orleans, Louisiana

I've followed Washington's quarterback Penix, Jr. since his days at Indiana, and he is scary good when he's on. Taking down Oregon in the Pac-12 championship proved they belong in the CFP, but I question the strength of the teams they played all season.

Quinn Ewers for Texas was a 5 star recruit and finally showing that this year. I haven't seen more than a couple of Texas games this year, and the early win over Alabama was impressive.

This game will be a shootout, but Washington will win 42-35.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:04 PM

CleverCowboy
I don't really follow the College games; unless I get enthused about a team, and I haven't been able to watch them lately; so my picks might be ridiculous and the scores depending on which way the Football Bounces ! But I think I would go with Alabama and Texas ( for the wild reason of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders ( although they are the NFL ) Ha !
Old 12-12-2023, 02:11 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders
Back in 1985 when I was a young man, I lived in Dallas and worked as a bartender nights and weekends just for fun at a ritzy hotel. I was lucky enough to work when the hotel hosted the Dallas Cowboys 25th anniversary party in their convention center and ballroom. I saw most of the players at that time and also former stars, and made drinks for many of them. Roger Staubach, Gary Hogeboom, Tony Dorsett, "Too Tall" Jones, Randy White, Tom Landry, Bob Hayes, and on and on.

During the cocktail hour of the party, the cheerleaders arrived in their cheerleading outfits and streamed into the ballroom. Apparently they were going in to practice some performance they were going to do later on. Unfortunately I could not see the inside of the ballroom from my station. In about a half hour I heard sirens and saw an ambulance pull to the front. Paramedics came in with a stretcher and carted out one of the cheerleaders with her head reinforced like they would in the case of a back injury. It was ironic because normally the cheerleaders watch as they cart players off the field, and now it was just the opposite. The good news is that I found out that she was OK and it was just a strain.

It was probably my best night that I had to work.
Old 12-12-2023, 05:00 PM

A Neat Story CleverCowboy ! I don't have anything similar; except that onetime I was a Head Teller in a Bank; and a member of the Baltimore Colts ( at the time ) came in to buy a $10 money order. The girl who waited on him knew who he was and had *Stars* in her eyes; so somehow she issued him a $1,000,010.00 money order and he left with it. One of my Jobs, at the end of the day, was to count up fees on money orders which was .25 cents per $100; so when I got to her check my brain spun until I realized Hey ! This is a million dollars ! So I had to show it to the manager and since I had the copy the check had left the bank ! We had to call him to get the check back and issue a new one ! Our MO checks were only good for up to $1,000 !
A Story about Staubach is he was always in shape; as he continued the workout he did at the Naval Academy later in life. One doctor at one time said "There is No Fat on Staubach; he is all muscle ! " Ha !
At the time I didn't even watch Football; so one girl teller told me; "You are the oddest guy in existance; because you don't watch Football ! " Ha ! I started to watch it; and then I got hooked and then watched every game, so she messed me up !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 12-12-2023 at 05:03 PM..