Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
Some of you may not know that Ben approached me to promote Alizée and Alizée America, without explicitly delimiting my authority, and I consented. The Fundraisers, whose incremental progress was always immediately documented in moderated public forums, and PMs copied to Ben, were part of my response.I would like to think Ben never meant to waste my time, and that he believes I never meant to exceed my authority.
Doc, I was under the impression that you were too busy and declined the offer to join the forum promotions team. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but if I thought you had accepted, we would have added you to the staff and discussed our plans further. Hence I assumed these posts about a grant or scholarship weren't serious, just ideas being tossed about. It's also sometimes hard to tell when you're joking or not.

I can't have people sending money for something like this through the forum or to me personally. No matter how good the cause, to an outsider it would look like those scam emails asking to wire money to a Nigerian bank. Donations are a necessary evil because of our $2000+ a year costs, but I don't promise any kind of compensation for them, and certainly don't want to expand our fund raising further. Sorry if you feel I wasted your time, but that's the reality of the situation. Again, we're all still very appreciative of your involvement in getting the autograph session!