Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-29-2020, 02:27 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road
Default Which Alizée song that never got one deserves an official music video?

Of course artists usually only select a few of their best songs to have an attributed MV (Music Video), and I think the selection Alizée has is a very good one.
However there are still many of her songs that could've made a case for warranting their own MV but never got it, so out of those ~50 songs, which one would you've liked to see get it's own MV? (Not sure if this thread idea has been done before so apologies if so, I guess the conversation can continue here now)

I personally would probably choose Hey Amigo, it's such a fun song and a bit under-rated in my opinion, I think a MV would've looked great with it.
Lilly Town is an honourable mention, also JBG, and what I believe is her most underappreciated song that often goes under the radar; Cœur déjà pris. But yeah, Hey Amigo I think would be the best if I had to choose one

Just for reference
From what I know we have an official MV for 12 of her songs as listed below:

Gourmandises
Parler Tout Bas
L'Alizé
Moi... Lolita

J'en ai marre
A Countre Courant
J'ai pas vingt ans

Mademoiselle Juliette
Fifty Sixty
Les collines
A cause de l'automne
Blonde

That's 4 from her first album, 3 from her second, 2 from her third and 1 from each of her last 3.
That list may be wrong so please let me know if I've missed any and I can update it

Last edited by Ben.Daly; 05-30-2020 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: Added a missing song
Old 05-29-2020, 03:21 AM

failax is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
That's 4 from her first album, 3 from her second, and 1 from each of her last 4 excluding UEDS, which doesn't feature any song with an official video
That list may be wrong so please let me know if I've missed any and I can update it
For "Les Collines" there is an official video.
I would like a video for K.O.

Uncompressed Alizée videos Telegram channel

https://t.me/joinchat/A8uzOFjfKHAuPZQ_-MpzWQ
Old 05-29-2020, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by failax View Post
Huh, I didn't know about the Les Collines video, thanks for the head up
K.O is a good shout, there's a lot of different musical elements to that song so would make for an interesting video to create.

Also this is my 60th post on this website, I forgot to honour the 50th but this is the next best thing

Last edited by Ben.Daly; 05-29-2020 at 04:02 AM.. Reason: grammar
Old 05-29-2020, 07:26 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Fifty Sixty has an official video. There is also an alternative version which is basically the same without all the cartoonish special effects.

Psychédélices was a good album, but I feel it was too mature for a 23 year old Alizee to release. After her hiatus, she needed to reconnect with her age group, and Psych did not do that.

Oxmo Puccino collaborated with Jeremy on the songs Décollage and Par les paupières. Puccino was a hip hop artist and it is apparent in Décollage. PLP is a world class song and I feel it should have been made into a video along with Décollage. Hip hop was only getting bigger in 2007 and Alizee could have hopped aboard that train and had a few more songs like it on the album. But she had expressed she was not a big fan of hip hop at that time.

"Boxing Club" off 5 would have been a good song to make a video for.
"Alcaline" from the Blonde album would be another good song to make a video for.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:22 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Awesome thread idea! I had wondered about this myself.

To add to your list, if you want to be thorough

Limelight has a teaser clip

Amélie m'a Dit also has a tie-in clip with scenes from the film

The two extra music videos for Fifty Sixty that were mentioned, for remixes

The English versions of the MCE songs

There was an unofficial music video in addition to the actual one for ACDLA

I'll have to think if there's any more
Old 05-29-2020, 08:17 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by failax View Post
K.O. I too thought would have made for a good video. In fact, I had put together 2 different videos for K.O.. The first one was because there was no video for it, I tried putting one together where I synced her singing it to video from her En Concert performances. I put a lot of effort into the lyrics here and I think the ones starting at 2:09 need to be looked at closely.

I also thought it would be great if someone could put together a video with Alizee and Ali duking it out using special affects. I tried a video on my own but it was kind of lame. Still, I get a lot of laughs out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
Awesome thread idea! I had wondered about this myself.
It is an awesome thread idea.

As far as what I'd like to see of her videos that weren't made into a video, made into a video?

That's a very difficult question. If you ask me that each day next week, I'll probably come up with a different answer each day.

Right now I think my first choice would be Youpidou/English version. I love the way she pronounces many of the English words in this song. It's too bad MF didn't come up with a better English interpretaion of the song.

There is a fan made video out there by a good looking girl, but the guy she's with takes away from the video, but still this amateur effort gives you an idea of what could've been done with someone who knew what they were doing.

Another great song for a video I think would've been Alcaline. It tells the story of a woman whose unhappy with her job who puts on earphones and gets lost in the world of music. Perfect for someone as beautiful and charming for her.

This was a song I wasn't happy with when they were promoting it, so as with K O, I tried to pair it up with En Concert video and imo, it worked out great.

Another song I think would've have been great for a video is Coeur deja pris (Heart that belongs to another). This was the first song I tried to match up with other videos and it didn't work out that great. It's a story about a man who is in a love triangle with 2 women, one of which is Alizee and in this case, Alizée is on the losing end.

"Keep me close though you love another
Keep me close, can't blame me altogether
Then if I see it's my choice:
Your heart's not free ...for me, so
I believe, sometimes love plays a game with me.
Then keep me close
It was said, I know: your heart's not free, just
Keep me close
Even if must be this way."
Incredibly beautiful and very sad.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-29-2020 at 08:36 PM..
Old 05-30-2020, 12:51 AM
MMA Teen who was thunderstruck by Alizée

Kajue is on a distinguished road

There really should have been a music video for "Hey Amigo!"

Just something simple you know, like Alizée just walking and biking around the streets of Barcelona at night admiring some of the architecture while looking so lonely and cute. Would've made a great single music video release.

Last edited by Kajue; 05-30-2020 at 12:54 AM..
Old 05-30-2020, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajue View Post
There really should have been a music video for "Hey Amigo!"

Just something simple you know, like Alizée just walking and biking around the streets of Barcelona at night admiring some of the architecture while looking so lonely and cute. Would've made a great single music video release.
You read my mind, I was thinking of something similar. I wonder if they planned to make a video for it but didn't have the time/budget to do so. I can't imagine they didn't at least consider the possibilities of what it would look like in case the song did particularity well. Guess we'll never know but it's fun to speculate.

Come to think of it, from what I remember none of the music videos use a Mediterranean setting, they're usually filmed in a studio or maybe the French country side, but nothing really from somewhere like Corsica, Spain, Italy, Greece etc. Would've been interesting to see a music video of such in her more 'natural habitat' if you could call it that
Old 05-30-2020, 01:25 AM
MMA Teen who was thunderstruck by Alizée

Kajue is on a distinguished road

Hell, even the French Riviera could work, and the beautiful architectural style of the Mediterranean would've been a great touch.

I guess the Med area wasn't so Mylenesque. But they really missed a great opportunity with that one man.
Old 03-19-2021, 08:04 AM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road

Why no one has mentioned Abracadabra.

I love it.

Too bad everyone doesn't like it...

Admittedly, I don’t know what it could be like as a music video.

Too bad also Alizée never performed Abracadabra live.

Alizée 💜