Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 04-24-2018, 11:13 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

There apparently isn't a major hospital in Ajaccio where people there can go for treatmens for major illnesses like cancer. Therefore these people have to go to Marseille on mainland France for treatment. A lot of times, these treatments for the patient last a while and in many cases the family of the patient want to be with them and therefore, have to find a place in Marseille to stay. Inseme created this fund drive to buy a place near the hospital for these family members to stay. We donated to that effort. They found a place near the hospital which they recently purchased thanks to these donations. Now they will install a plaque there with the names of people who donated. The name 'Alizee America' will be on that plaque (not a plate) thanks to the efforts of our members.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-25-2018 at 01:55 PM..
Old 04-25-2018, 01:57 PM

I sent a letter to the Studio de danse Lyonnet Ajaccio today;

Chère Alizée et Grégoire Lyonnet;

Je suis originaire des États-Unis et membre d'Alizée America. Dans la deuxième semaine de mai, j'espère visiter la belle île de Corse pour ce qui sera mon quatrième voyage là-bas. Ce n'est pas définitif à cause des grèves de transport en cours en France.
Si je me rends en Corse, je voudrais visiter Calvi, Bonifacio et bien sûr, Ajaccio. Je voudrais arrêter à votre école et acheter 5 (peut-être plus) de vos chemises AG pour les membres d'Alizee America. J'ai lu sur votre page Facebook qu'il y a une semaine où l'école sera fermée. Si j'arrive à Ajaccio, ce sera entre le 9 mai et le 15 mai. Serez-vous à Ajaccio pendant cette semaine et y a-t-il un moment où je pourrais m'arrêter à l'école pour acheter ces chemises et prendre quelques photos? ne pas être gênant pour vous deux ou vos étudiants?

Avez-vous aussi un catalogue ou une liste d'articles que vous vendez?

Je vous remercie
David Hardy

Dear Alizée and Gregoire Lyonnet;
I'm from the U.S.A and a member of Alizée America. In the second week of May, I hope to visit the beautiful island of Corsica on what will be my fourth trip there. This is not definite because of the transportation strikes going on in France.

If I do make it to Corsica, I would like to visit Calvi, Bonifacio and of course, Ajaccio. I would like to stop by your school and buy 5 (maybe more) of your AG shirts for members of Alizee America. I read on your Facebook page that there is a week where the school will be closed. If I get to Ajaccio, it would be sometime between May 9 and May 15. Will you be in Ajaccio during that week and is there a time I could stop by the school and buy these shirts and maybe take a few pictures, when it would not be inconvenient for you two or your students?

Also do you have a catalogue or a list of items that you sell?
Thank You
David Hardy

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-25-2018 at 02:00 PM..
Old 04-25-2018, 02:41 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I sent a letter to the Studio de danse Lyonnet Ajaccio today
I hope it works out for you. If it does, it has the potential of being a very memorable trip!
Old 04-25-2018, 08:35 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I hope it works out for you. If it does, it has the potential of being a very memorable trip!

Fingers crossed.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:05 AM

There are 2 ways to post messages on their Facebook page. One is where it says 'Send message' and one is where it says 'Send e-mail'. I sent them a message with my request giving them my e-mail address in return. After I sent it, they posted an Instagram picture of them relaxing at the school before having a class that night, so I'm fairly confident they got my message. If I don't hear from them by Sunday, I will use the 'send e-mail' option. If I don't hear from them by Tuesday, I'll have no choice with the time remaining before vacation than to go somewhere else.

I don't want to badger them and I don't want to show up at a time that would be inconvenient for them or their students.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:57 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I imagine that they get a large amount of messages and it would be easy for an individual message to get lost in the crowd. My suggestion is if you have to use the email option, put something in the Subject line that would catch her eye.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:13 AM

I just sent them a message to the e-mail address provided by Facebook. I believe the dance studio is closed this upcoming week. Whether or not they check their e-mail when they are off, I have no way of knowing. As I said before, I doubt if I will go there unless I hear in advance it's okay to pay the school a visit.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:49 PM

At the autograph session in 2010, I had asked her to try on a hat that I had brought with me for her that said Alizee America on it. She consulted with someone in her team and they said no. Then near the end of the session, I asked her a second time and I shouldn't have. I thought it would mean a lot to our members to see that, but I went too far in asking her again.

Then at the autograph session in Ajaccio, I was I think the only one there from outside of France and I'm sure I stuck out like a sore thumb. I wish I had brought a better camera with a longer zoom where I could've just stood across the way, out of notice and taken the pictures I did. But I stood there, right in the center of things and felt very intrusive.

So there are ways I know I could get in touch with them that I'd be sure they'd get the message. But I feel they've already seen one of my two messages, and I'm not going to go beyond that. I'm not going to make that mistake again. If it happens fine. If not, so be it.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:54 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

The whole business with fans is pretty dicey. Ask John Lennon or Rebecca Lucile Schaeffer. I expect there's a rulebook for stars on how to deal with them. It's possible Alizee recently changed her address because her fans had found where she lived and were intruding on her privacy.

Rebecca Lucile Schaeffer

Robert John Bardo: Rebbecca's killer

Prior to developing an obsession with Schaeffer, Bardo had stalked child peace activist Samantha Smith before her death in a 1985 plane crash.[6] After writing numerous letters to Schaeffer, Bardo attempted to gain access to the set of the CBS TV series My Sister Sam, on which Schaeffer played a starring role. Ultimately, he obtained her home address via a detective agency, which in turn tracked it via California Department of Motor Vehicles records. On July 18, 1989, he confronted her at her home, angry at her for having starred in a sex scene in the film Scenes from the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills; in his eyes, she had "lost her innocence." He visited her at her apartment and told her he was a big fan.[1] About an hour later, Bardo again rang the bell to her apartment. Upon Schaeffer opening the door, Bardo fired one round of ammunition straight through Schaeffer's chest, killing her. Bardo was later arrested in Tucson, Arizona when he was observed walking aimlessly in traffic.[7]

The prosecutor for the state was Marcia Clark, who later became known as a lead prosecutor in the O. J. Simpson murder trial. Bardo was housed in a Sensitive Needs Unit (SNU) for inmates such as gang members, notorious prisoners, and those convicted of sex crimes. During the trial, Bardo claimed the U2 song "Exit" was an influence in the murder; the song played in the courtroom as evidence (with Bardo lip-synching the lyrics).[8]

Bardo's attorneys conceded that he had murdered Schaeffer, but they argued that he was mentally ill. Psychiatrist Park Dietz, testifying for the defense, said that Bardo had schizophrenia and it was his illness that led him to commit the murder. Bardo was found guilty of first-degree murder and sentenced to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole.[9]

Bardo carried a red paperback copy of The Catcher in the Rye when he murdered Schaeffer, which he tossed onto the roof of a building as he fled.[10] He insisted that it was coincidental and that he was not emulating Mark David Chapman, who had also carried a copy with him when he shot and killed John Lennon on December 8, 1980.

Last edited by Shepherd; 04-29-2018 at 08:12 PM..
Old 04-30-2018, 01:41 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
...It's possible Alizee recently changed her address because her fans had found where she lived and were intruding on her privacy.....
No. She realizes how quickly we can figure out where she lives. She wouldn't have posted the pictures of her new place if she was worried about that.

I believe she needed some of the equity in her place to fund the school, so they sold it and moved. It is also possible that the new place is larger and she sold the old place in order to get more living room. Remember that Greg was not in the picture when she bought the last place. Also, she is now within walking distance of her parent's place, which offers several benefits.

Last edited by Rev; 04-30-2018 at 01:44 AM..