Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 07-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Like Ben said, they can enforce it if they want to.
Well I meant that more about cases where they choose not to enforce it. Did your clip include any footage from M6? They've been cracking down lately. I doubt it would hold water if the copyright holder brought it to court, but then Dailymotion can do whatever they want on their site.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

*sigh*

all this legal buisness makes this attempting of a good selfless deed such a headache.

as long as we're not making money off of it, why would they care?!?!

we don't want no damn money! we. want. ALIZEE! we will actually give money to them for it.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Century Child

Don't worry Wasabi, copyright law isn't as stupid as some might think, and will take into account the nature of what it is you're doing if it ever comes to court (which it won't). "Fair use" asks four things: the nature of the use, the nature of the thing being used, the amount being used, and the effect it has on it's value. If it's clear that you're not profiting, causing no harm and in fact being beneficial, then there shouldn't be a problem. All the crack downs online are based on that fact that file sharing supposedly hurts artists, but I don't see how that could be said about the things we want to do for Alizée.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:43 PM

yeah, i guess people are a bit more logical.
and didin't Alizee said that she doesn't mind the free downloading of her music?
she said something like although it does hurt sales, it greatly helps in her music getting to people who might have otherwise never heard of her?

heck, if they were strict and took her vids off of youtube, i'd have never found her.
which would be unknowningly devestating to me.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Century Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
she said something like although it does hurt sales, it greatly helps in her music getting to people who might have otherwise never heard of her?
Yeah, she did say that... ehhh... I think she's walking a fine line trying not to offend anyone, because file-sharing did help her in Mexico. I wouldn't take it as a blanket statement endorsing downloading. At the same time back home in France, her name was one of those included on a recent petition to promote legal downloads and cutdown on piracy. So I dunno, the whole internet thing is a trickier issue. I was just referring to our efforts to promote her in the US with fliers, clips, demo CDs/DVDs, etc. I'm sure all of that will be totally fine!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:52 PM

Fliers and demo CD/DVDs. gotcha!

where can we put the fliers though? I mean.. i don't have the slightest clue.
i suppose i can just randomly give them out to people? stick em peoples mail boxes? on their cars windshields?

Old 07-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Century Child

Yeah, I dunno. To be honest I think we need far greater numbers than can be achieved with scattered fliers. Need to hit the media, or figure out some other way to reach a mass audience.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:02 AM

ok, so here's another out there idea.
as ya'll know, i work at the theater. now, between showings of each movie, and right before them(right before the previews) they show ads. any ads. ads from big companies, small companies, or even individual people(lawyers, doctors, and such).

i suppose we could try go get that going, but the issue of rights comes up again.. and the audience would be limited to those that come to the theater i work at. and im sure it'll require significant amounts of moolah.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:06 AM
Century Child

That's not a bad idea! It's at least worth looking into if they'll allow it. I think we could probably come up with the money if we all contribute. It reminds me of talk a few years ago about renting a theater for Alizée's birthday, just for fun.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:12 AM

well, i'll leave the legal stuff up to you ben. you seem to know a lot more than me.
i'll talk to the managers and figure out what we can do.. like, maybe we can have short video clips? or pictures? and how much it'll cost, etc.

and i think timing is important too.. we should probably plan on doing it say, september? in anticipation for the new album due in october?