Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-23-2019, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

I just love this story, Scruffydog! I can almost see the scene as you describe it. What a cool adventure...and I’m very glad you didn’t get caught! I wonder if they ever re-started the renovation work on that building?
Thanks for posting this.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:17 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
I just love this story, Scruffydog! I can almost see the scene as you describe it. What a cool adventure...and I’m very glad you didn’t get caught! I wonder if they ever re-started the renovation work on that building?
Thanks for posting this.
I have a feeling they didn't, but at least they fixed it up on the outside so it wasn't so much of an eyesore to the area. I don't know how long that will last as there were already several broken windows in it when I was there.

I'll take a peek in Google Earth to see if they might have a recent picture.

Edit:

I just looked on Google Earth for a recent picture of the Triage-Lavoire building where A Contre Courant was filmed and what I found out was amazing! The people of Belgium hold this shrine to Alizée in such high esteem, that they've posted military guards around it 24/7. They don't want anyone messing with those fingerprints. Rumour has it they are going to put a bulletproof glass frame in front of those fingerprints on the dusty window sill.

Triage Lavoire building Belgium ACC resized.jpg

Edit:

fingerprint 2.jpg

fingerprint 1.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-23-2019 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-23-2019, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I just looked on Google Earth for a recent picture of the Triage-Lavoire building where A Contre Courant was filmed and what I found out was amazing! The people of Belgium hold this shrine to Alizée in such high esteem, that they've posted military guards around it 24/7. They don't want anyone messing with those fingerprints. Rumour has it they are going to put a bulletproof glass frame in front of those fingerprints on the dusty window sill.
VERY cool!
Old 07-25-2019, 06:40 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

This aerial picture is from 2017. The picture with the military personnel is from about a year later. It's interesting to look at the fence that surrounds this place just a little further down the road. It's only about 4' high and easily scale-able, but no military personnel along it, so they are clearly expecting something dangerous or maybe be very valuable to show up at that gate. Judging from recent events in Europe, I'm guessing it's something dangerous of the human kind, but who knows? I imagine a little Google searching will tell us what this building is being used for.

Binche acc 3.jpg
Old 07-25-2019, 09:39 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

It looks like Google updates their maps every 4 years, at least in this part of the world. I was able to go back in time 10 years and get three shots taken from the same vantage point.

This is a view of the building in 2009.

Same place in 2013.

The most recent shot was in 2017 and is what you see on the maps now.