Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-31-2009, 10:55 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Nobody comes to my house because I live on a dark county road where the houses are far apart. My road is not very safe to walk along, especially at night.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Alizée Fan Since Day 1

Señor Villa is on a distinguished road

Trick or Treating is dead, now that the kids play Trick or Treating on Wii. They walk to houses they can create and if they don't get any candy from the homeowner they have the option to tee-pee their house, smash their pumpkins, or put sugar in their car tanks all in the comforts of their homes. Then after they bob for apples but the apples are in a tub filled with Everclear so that is why you see less kids running the streets.

Last edited by Señor Villa; 11-01-2009 at 12:11 AM..
Old 11-01-2009, 05:18 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

*sigh*

tis a shame! I remember how when I was a kid, how much I'd look forward to Halloween!! I mean, getting all excited over the carved pumpkins outside, trying to find a nice sized bag, whether it be a plastic jack-o-lantern bucket or just a pillow case.. and then meeting up with all my friends and hitting the neighborhood!

and of course, during that, we'd run into some other friends, goof off, compare costumes and have fun. whereas nowadays.. kids have gotten so damn lazy and they just play with their xboxes, or wiis, or nintendo ds.. it's a shame.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:15 AM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

I know.

When I went trick-or-treating with my friends, we would literally SPRINT from house to house, covering as many neighborhoods as possible, screaming and laughing as we tried to scare one another from behind bushes.

Now, you're lucky if you see kids playing outside once a month.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:49 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Oh yeah, when I was a kid, my sister and I would some years even get a pillow case and be out so late that we'd have a huge pile of candy when we were done. When I was like 10 years old or something we even walked around visiting some businesses. I remember I was like, no that's stupid, but she wanted to go and so we even visited a pizza parlour once. They were like, uh, you want a tomato? And yes, we went by ourselves without our parents at that time. That's how it was when I was a kid.

For the first couple of years when I lived here, kids came by, but they have not since. I think they all go to parties at the local school. Between the schools and churches they have activities to attend. So, it's not bad. They still have fun and I don't have to buy candy.

Merci Fanny
Old 11-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Yeah that's true. Most of my friends went to parties, movies or just stayed home and gave out candy. I went to a party as well, though i wanted to go trick or treating one last time. But a high school senior trick or treating by himself is kinda sad so i didnt lol. I miss the excitement of it all, this year it just seemed like any other Saturday for me I was gonna go with some friends, but again they all went and did something else. I was gonna be Michael Jackson for the third year in a row seemed easier since i got the Billie Jean outfit The moves, glove, hat, black shirt shoes and pants, the works
Old 11-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Never trick or treated, not even when I was young.
For the reasons of:

-I did not live in America at the time of youth
-I don't like candy
-I'd be happier making my own food, unless the people handed out Moo Goo Gai Pan or Meatloaf.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

I used to go when I was young of course, but I never realized it was dying. Then again, everything has been dying for years probably because people are either playing video games (guilty, I know) and texting on their cell phone (not guilty, I HATE cell phones, they are ruining everything).

Speaking of, I know of a preschooler in my town that has a cell phone. My god, they can barely count yet!

But I digress. I loved trick or treating, one of the things that makes me wish I was still a kid.