Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 01-02-2022, 11:44 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default Does Alizee Need Songs ?

I think Alizee needs a new Album !
But from what Little I understand; I don't think she writes her own songs ?
So if anybody out there is a Budding Song Writer; perhaps they should send their compositions to Alizee !
While I am a kind of story teller; I have no ability in the song writing areas; which is why I post this !
You would have to make arrangements with her; about any financial stuff; as I don't understand the music business to make any suggestions there !
But I think it would be good exposure for a song writer; if they got Alizee to sing their compositions; either as a Single or part of an Album.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:49 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
I think Alizee needs a new Album !
But from what Little I understand; I don't think she writes her own songs ?
So if anybody out there is a Budding Song Writer; perhaps they should send their compositions to Alizee !
While I am a kind of story teller; I have no ability in the song writing areas; which is why I post this !
You would have to make arrangements with her; about any financial stuff; as I don't understand the music business to make any suggestions there !
But I think it would be good exposure for a song writer; if they got Alizee to sing their compositions; either as a Single or part of an Album.
Alizee is not a songwriter nor does she play an instrument that I know of. I am even hesitant to call her a musical "artist" but rather a "perfomer". She's a student of dance that just happens to be able to sing and has amazing stage presence. If Alizee was a musician certainly we would continue to see albums from her.

For the albums she does have, the music was either written for her, with Mylene and Laurent collaborating on her first two and ex-husband Jeremy Chatelain doing much of the composing on Psychédélices.

The songs on Une enfant du siècle was composed by a variety of artists, and I believe Alizee purchased them. Over half of the songs on "5" were composed by Thomas Boulard. The songs he composed offers some personal details into Alizee's life and there must have been trust between Alizee and Boulard.

Pascal Obispo had his hand involved in many of the songs on the Blonde album. He has a successful music career in France and there is ample evidence that they were close friends. Zazie also contributed, another French artist that Alizee seems to have a close relationship with.

If Alizee decides to do another album (which is at this point wishful thinking), her best bet is to work with Mylene again. The kind of pop music that Alizee sang in the early years that connected with her peer group probably would not work today. At 37 years old, she would need to try to reconnect with those fans that all got older with her. Perhaps adult contemporary music. But like I said, it is all wishful thinking. It looks like Alizee is in a good place right now focusing on her dance school and being a wife and mother. But, anything is still possible!
Old 03-09-2022, 05:34 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Red face

I think yes-!

Ideally, someone, a really tough musician, would find Alizée even through Youtube and start offering or making her new songs...

But how likely is that?

Somewhere someone said that Alizée doesn’t even need new songs when there are so many old great songs! True, on the other hand, I also agree! But Alizée may no longer be so enthusiastic about all those songs herself?

Alizée 💜