Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Just saw Disney Pixar's UP and i believe they have beaten the stunning Wall-E with this one. Funny, moving, charming and beautiful, this is one of the most wall rounded animated features i have ever seen. Not ashamed to say i cried.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Sorry but, it had Will Ferrel (sp?). And didn't you see the previews? Clearly they were trying to make a joke out of everything in a ridiculous way. I haven't seen it.
Well yeah, I thought it may be bad but the nerd in me had to see it, I just didn't think it would be that bad. I knew they were going for comedy but the jokes were not tongue n cheek, it was just over the top dumb. I like Will Ferrell, but the movie only had like two funny bits the rest was just stupid; and they changed everything in the story, none of the old elements of Land of The Lost were there. There was no reason to have the Land of The Lost name on it, I mean everything was changed, the way they got there, the pylons were different, the Zarn, and a lot more, I get your making a comedy but if you set out to make a Land of The Lost movie, its for the fans, make the jokes tongue n cheek, make fun of its self, but do it in good taste, don't change every element we enjoyed, don't destroy what we came to see, maybe you have had to see it.

-edit- I decided to pick up Hors de Prix (Priceless) and I agree with you Ruro its was fairly predictable but the dialog and the two main characters made it a enjoyable watch. I recommend it to anybody who hasn't seen it, its a fun little movie. Also I have always seen Audrey as a bit more adorable than anything, but man in this movie she is over the top sexy. Audrey really shines in this, I thought she did a fantastic job and the other guy as well, there is one part in this movie that she really shows how great of a actress she is, you will know it when you come to it.

I also picked up A Very Long Engagement, but I only watched half of it last night before going to bed. I am having a bit of trouble following it as well. I am getting confused on some of the names just like you said. We don't see some of the characters very much so its hard to keep up who was who. I might go back to the beginning again to get a better idea before moving on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
Just saw Disney Pixar's UP and i believe they have beaten the stunning Wall-E with this one. Funny, moving, charming and beautiful, this is one of the most wall rounded animated features i have ever seen. Not ashamed to say i cried.
I have been hearing that quite a bit, no surprise though all of Pixar's movies have been hit's. I am a big fan so I will have to go see it sometime next week I think.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!

Last edited by Chommpers; 06-06-2009 at 05:29 PM..
Old 06-06-2009, 05:21 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chommpers View Post
Well yeah, I thought it may be bad but the nerd in me had to see it, I just didn't think it would be that bad. ...
Did I mention it has Will Ferrell it in? Well, I don't really know anything about the land of the lost; so, it might be funny to me. But, yeah, I had the suspicion that it might be a bit too dumb rather than funny. It's a delicate balance I think. If it's geared toward kids it tends to come off a bit to visceral/mindless to be very funny for me. I don't find Sponge Bob entertaining either.

Merci Fanny
Old 06-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
random, unnecessary, but strangely bad-ass
That pretty much describes everything that happened last night. Honesty, you should have seen this 'stash. It was epic.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Weird Member

Nikita is on a distinguished road

I've watched... three films today. ^^

Edward Scissorhands, Greencard, and What Women Want.

I feel so enlightened.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Watched "The Hangover"
I fairly liked it for using low-profile actors and the stupid-yet-priceless comedy of the film.
I believe there shall be memorable quotes that may come out of that film.
yea I want to see that, it looked funny
Steve and Jimmy seem to liked this movie, i have to see it then!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 06-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
Old 06-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDean23 View Post
You guys ready to let the dogs out?
Lol.
I'm a one-man wolf pack.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:58 AM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Ruroshen you sent me on a Audrey Tautou craze lol (thanks for that by the way its been most enjoyable), after finishing Hors de Prix (Priceless) and Un long dimanche de fiançailles (A Very Long Engagement); I went and got A la folie, pas du tout (He loves me, He loves me not) and Dirty Pretty Things. Here are some some thoughts of mine on the films I haven't talked about yet, not really a review just some thoughts.

A Very Long Engagement: A film about the search for a young lady's lover who went missing during the war. Like Ruroshen said the film has a lot of characters and its a bit hard to follow sometimes, but a little after the middle of A Very Long Engagement I seemed to get who was who a bit better. Things started to make more sense and overall it was very enjoyable and Audrey is incredible in it. the style of the film is kinda unique too going from past to present worked well to build suspense and emotional attachment to the characters. Nearing the end of the film it really had me, what a great film. Probably only the second movie that almost made me cry, key word almost, the other if you are interested was I Am Sam, also a almost, nothing as of yet has made me cry, any suggestions lol?

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not: I agree a lot with what you said Ruroshen. The first part was enjoyable if pretty predictable, but I still there felt like something was off, and then the second half of the film just totally flipped the script and caught me way off guard. Now while you said you got the hint of Amélie in her character, me not so much as I went in there looking for it, it's very weird, while like you said the similarities are there but the expression is so different, all of it, it really speaks to Audrey's skill as an actress I think. I recommend checking it out if you guys and gals haven't seen it, definitely a interesting film.

Dirty Pretty Things: Oh boy, this was a tough one. It's a story about a man who illegally lives in London and tries to make money the best he can and help out himself and a friend he lives with. You quickly find out how hard that can be for not only himself but other illegal residents, its a deeply moving film. Audrey Tautou and Chiwetel Ejiofor (main male role) and all the other actors in this film do a phenomenal job. Its not a easy film though, its a very rough look at life and a realistic one (don't hold me to that, not sure if these event's really happen but the film makes it really believable). I would recommend seeing it because it is such a touching film and done really well but watch it before bed or something. When the last half of the film was coming I just had my hands on my head, shaking it, and repeating, "no, no, no, why, no." Not because its overly grotesque or anything just because I felt so helpless, I cant reach in and help and it sucks. It's rough, I'm telling you, when the film was over I just sat in silence and I didn't want to do anything, but luckily it was late so I just went to bed. Check it out really, it's good, just know this isn't a happy film, no Amélie to be found here.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!

Last edited by Chommpers; 06-09-2009 at 03:36 AM..
Old 06-09-2009, 03:12 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Heh, that's funny Chommpers...still on my own Audrey Tautou kick, I literally just bought Dirty, Pretty Things on Friday, along with another film of hers, Ensemble, C'est Tout (English title: Hunting and Gathering). Haven't watched either yet, though. Thanks for the warning about DPT.

Also borrowed my brother's copy of The DaVinci Code, but haven't gotten around to rewatching it yet. This week, though, probably.