Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-26-2019, 08:03 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

The last three or four posts are great and right on. This site is morphing into a bit of a Gregoire fan site as well.

Alizee is indeed complex and highly intelligent, but in ways very simple. I have to admit I questioned her judgment when it came down to her love interests. The emotional side often interferes and overcomes the objections from the intellectual side. Love is blind, as the saying goes. It is obvious that Alizee is not one who enjoys "playing the field" and feels more comfortable in a committed relationship. I think if you have her heart, it is yours to lose, and not the other way around.

After her split up with Jeremy, when she is being seen with M. Pokora, you had to wonder what she was thinking. She was giggling like a school girl when asked if she was going to marry him. She obviously was smitten with him. Going from being married to a teen idol to being married to a man who has women throwing themselves at him would have been a mistake of monumental proportions. We know the "green monster" was provoked during the first marriage and her self-esteem took a serious beating, and Matt didn't seem like the type of guy to help build it back up. Alizee's family must have had an intervention with her, because the relationship didn't last long and was pretty abrupt.

When Greg came along, I was disinterested in him. I'm not a fan of Dancing with the Stars. When Alizee married Greg, I was holding my breath and had a "wait and see" attitude. What really matters is when the honeymoon period ends and everyday life sets in. From what I am seeing, the honeymoon may never end. They are obviously so well matched as a couple, and best friends as well. Half of Alizee's selfies has Greg in them, and they are together a lot. Her husband was definitely MIA in her first marriage, and it was pretty sad seeing all those beautiful pictures of Alizee mostly alone or with friends. The one person she wanted to be with most of all was absent. But Greg has stepped up and is giving her what she needs, because happiness is written all over her face. So, I have become quite a fan of Greg.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:22 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

CleverCowboy,

Until this last post of yours, I never knew M. Pokora existed let along had been a man in Alizee's life. Thanks for the post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UbYFYE9HT0

I'd also like to thank Scruffydog for all the material he has shared with us over the years.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Until this last post of yours, I never knew M. Pokora existed let along had been a man in Alizee's life. Thanks for the post.
Both Alizee and Matt participated in Les Enfoires 2012 and 2013, so my guess is that they met there. I'm sure Alizee was pretty bruised emotionally during those years and Matt was a rebound relationship. I was surprised she would entertain an interview question about the status of their relationship with the word "marriage" included since Annily was still young and any person she would consider to marry would have to show an interest in being a good step-father and it was way too early in the relationship to determine that.

From what I know about Matt, he seems on the surface like a pretty decent guy and somebody that Alizee would be attracted to. He's good looking with tattoos, has a very good singing voice, won DALS in 2011, and is active in charitable events. However, he comes from a broken home and apparently took that really hard and might not be good at "relationship" stuff. That video of him and Alizee together shows him as pretty distant, but maybe that is the hip-hop persona that he wants to portray.

Edit:

An interesting part of an interview with Paris Match magazine in December of 2013 regarding Alizee and Greg. The translation is not the best.

Watching you dance with your partner Grégoire Lyonnet in that famous final, you seemed connected by a magic potion that gave us the impression that at the beginning of a story. The reality would it join fiction and would you be falling in love?

Perhaps. (smile)

Can you tell us about him?

For two and a half months, we lived together almost ten hours a day. Yet, our beginnings were rather difficult. In life, I am someone very reserved, not touch at all, and that has very few friends. Then, when for the second ' bonus, we had to dance a Rumba that is the dance of love by excellence, I felt completely lost and intimidated, failing to touch! He believed that I reacted so because I didn't like it. I assured him that my attitude had nothing to do with him. Gregoire has managed to reveal myself, served me therapy and issued my worst enemy: me. Every Saturday, I felt in a bubble, alone in the world with him.

Is it managed to change in you?

Thanks to him, I now feel fulfilled and free. It made me realize that I was good and that people liked me. I who am hyper sensitive and highly variable mood, who believe that this is the end of the world when something is wrong, it time-delay me and soothes me. Gregory makes me positive and calm my fears. I respect as much as I admire him.

What do you attribute this lack of self-confidence that the celebrity was able to dispel?

At my school years where students were making fun of me because of my name and my glasses. For me, the recreation was a torture and the prospect of going to class gave me hard to stomach. In high school, subsequently, I wasn't not very at ease either. The only place where I felt was my dance classes because I could remove my glasses!

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 02-27-2019 at 01:57 PM..
Old 02-27-2019, 03:01 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Thanks to him, I now feel fulfilled and free. It made me realize that I was good and that people liked me. I who am hyper sensitive and highly variable mood, who believe that this is the end of the world when something is wrong, it time-delay me and soothes me. Gregory makes me positive and calm my fears. I respect as much as I admire him.

First off, thanks for this interview's translation. I have a video of it but it's in French and I don't understand a word of it.

It's hard to imagine that Alizee thought people didn't like her, especially since she has fans by the dozen every day telling her that they adore her, and then there's that guy who wrote the 30-page love letter.

As for the kids in school making fun of her, that might have been immaturity on their part. They themselves might have been shy of a pretty girl and tried to compensate by teasing her. I get the impression that Alizee's mother is a shy person who takes measures to stay out of the public's eye. I suspect Alizee's shyness is more genetic than socially instilled.

Obviously, a major characteristic that draws Alizee to Gregory is that he strengthens her self-confidence and makes her stretch her talents by encouraging her to take risks (A lesson in wooing for every guy). He makes her a better person, and she places a high value on that. As for why Greg fell in love with her--why the hell wouldn't he.

Old 02-27-2019, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
It's hard to imagine that Alizee thought people didn't like her, especially since she has fans by the dozen every day telling her that they adore her, and then there's that guy who wrote the 30-page love letter.
The one person that is critical of her might hold more weight in her mind than a hundred people adoring her. That is the downside of being an introvert, tending to ruminate over things too long, especially the negative.

Quote:
As for the kids in school making fun of her, that might have been immaturity on their part. They themselves might have been shy of a pretty girl and tried to compensate by teasing her. I get the impression that Alizee's mother is a shy person who takes measures to stay out of the public's eye. I suspect Alizee's shyness is more genetic than socially instilled.

Obviously, a major characteristic that draws Alizee to Gregory is that he strengthens her self-confidence and makes her stretch her talents by encouraging her to take risks (A lesson in wooing for every guy). He makes her a better person, and she places a high value on that. As for why Greg fell in love with her--why the hell wouldn't he.
I suspect you are right about genetics. We don't hear or see much of anything about her mother. You add teasing by kids, Alizee might have concluded that they are right. We are the sum of our life experiences, and negative childhood experiences can linger on, sometimes indefinitely. Greg brought along a lot of positivity with him and she was attracted to that. The saying that "life begins at 30" certainly would apply to Alizee.

Here is the link to the Word document with the entire interview;

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v6...IlOOBW9hWfeu0Z
Old 02-28-2019, 07:45 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:

It sounds like she struggles with depression. (If it weren't for the "it made me realize that I was good and that people liked me" part I would think it was just anxiety.)

The "hyper sensitive and highly variable mood" part is interesting too.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
It sounds like she struggles with depression. (If it weren't for the "it made me realize that I was good and that people liked me" part I would think it was just anxiety.)

The "hyper sensitive and highly variable mood" part is interesting too.
If so, I think it would be more of a situational depression and not a clinical chronic condition. She missed Corsica, her family, and frankly I feel she felt a little awkward among the "hip" crowd in Paris. She eludes to this in her song "Dans mon sac" on her album 5. If you want to take a peek in her diary, look up the English translations for "10 ans", Mon chevalier", "Jeune fille", "Happy End", and "Dans mon sac" and a lot of questions will be answered.

Edit:

I just noticed that this was my 1000th post.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 02-28-2019 at 05:30 PM..
Old 03-01-2019, 10:10 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If so, I think it would be more of a situational depression and not a clinical chronic condition. She missed Corsica, her family, and frankly I feel she felt a little awkward among the "hip" crowd in Paris.
Hyper sensitive and highly variable mood --- it sounds like she's saying that she's been that way all her life.

It made me realize that I was good and that people liked me. --- sounds she like has serious issues with either depression, low self-esteem, or both.

Her "dual nature" has always intrigued me--- off-stage she's this shy girl with shakey self-esteem, on-stage she's a God. From introvert to extreme extrovert.

There are things about her stage persona that make me wonder if its some kind of hypomanic state. (For example, the energy, the mental clarity. Edsel De Meo on this board spoke of Alizee has having a "freedom aura." Etc.)

It doesn't matter, it is what it is. She does seem to be emotionally fragile, and the even-tempered Greg seems to be good for her.

I'll end this with a quote from the late journalist Charlie Reese:

Quote:
"Charisma is nothing more than a high level of energy. We all instinctively recognize that energy equals life, and so when we run into people who exude an above-average level of energy, we are attracted to them, sort of like moths to a flame."
Old 03-01-2019, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hyper sensitive and highly variable mood --- it sounds like she's saying that she's been that way all her life.

It made me realize that I was good and that people liked me. --- sounds she like has serious issues with either depression, low self-esteem, or both.

It doesn't matter, it is what it is. She does seem to be emotionally fragile....
I think this is an unfair conclusion. Freely sharing her struggles and not trying to make excuses or hide them is a sign of strength, not weakness. Certainly not fragile. Depression does not carry the stigma that it used to. It would be rare to meet a person who has not had at least one depressive episode in their life.

No (wo)man is a silo. We all have sought somebody in our lives where are strengths would cover their weaknesses and our weaknesses are covered by their strengths. Obviously Alizee meets some need in Greg as well besides her just being a pretty face that he can say he is married to.

It's not where you came from, but where you end up that matters.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:14 AM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Well, finally got my PC back up and running, thank the Buddha, hate posting on my phone, for is an “old” I6s, and it looks and feels like you are trying to compose your post on the back of a postage stamp.

Not “handy”, “elegant” or “comfortable.

So, have been “perusing” the posts above, and, as per usual there are a lot “nicely presented” and very well “thought” out posts.

Respect where appropriate.

However, I am getting a lot of “negativity” from this thread, not sure why, or how, but, something definitely does seem to be “off”.

Now there is a lot of really cool stuff to respond to here, and it may take a few long posts to do this, so please bear with me, for, as usual, there is “method in my madness”, so to speak.

Now, where to start, for, there is a lot of stuff.

Kk..

Quote:
.It made me realize that I was good and that people liked me. --- sounds she like has serious issues with either depression, low self-esteem, or both.
The only indicators that I see for “depression” here, are for “Reactive Depression”, nothing else, and no serious “Personality Disorders” such as “BPD” or “NPD”.

Hmm, “Reactive Depression”, I wonder why?

Could it possibly have something to do with a “horribly traumatic divorce”, and, her career as a singer kind of going “pear shaped”, mayhap??

The “top 2” most “destructive” episodes/instances that you will face in your life are “bereavement” and “divorce”, and, if you haven’t encountered these things, then, sorry, you really are not even remotely qualified to make any judgments on the subject.

With regard to Alizée and her “divorce”, she has been remarkably “open” and “frank” about it, and if you do a little more research, the full “magnitude” of it becomes apparent.

Not good, with a capital “F”…

And none of our business, really.

I will say this though, I have nothing but infinite respect for her, as a “woman”, and a “young mother”.

This one is no “nervous”, “fractious”, easily scared, “cowed”, little fluffy black kitten, she is a “Tigress”.

She has been thorough situations in her life that would have “broken” many a person and she survived. “Bloodied”, a little bit “scarred”, so to speak, but “unbowed”.

Oh, and how do I know about this stuff, well, “I’ve been there”, “seen it”, “done that”, my own “divorce”, my own “traumas”, my own resulting “depression”.

And, what makes me think that I’m even remotely qualified to have any “opinions” with regard to the subject overall, well, one of the “hats” I wore in the “military” was “Clinical Psychologist”, and I have quite a few “degree level” qualifications in that area sooo, I might, maybe just know a wee bit about it…

Anyhow, I really would have liked to post a lot more about this “stuff”, but it is late, and it has been a long week so far, and I’m really tired, so…

Later…