Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-24-2011, 12:56 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Jung and Euphoria sitting in a tree. Damn you two are so much alike. Trolling the neighborhood making useless points without facts and pretending to be so informed with a giant hint of false mystery lol
Old 01-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

+1 to the man with the funny name in the even funnier state
Old 01-24-2011, 01:27 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
+1 to the man with the funny name in the even funnier state
Jalen have you not watched the Pepe Lepew warner brother cartoons. Check them out on youtube. And what could possibly be funny about Oklahoma lol!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:10 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Lets not jump on people for having controversial opinions....
Second
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria
In my opinion, she needs to humble herself a little bit and stop acting like an ungrateful bitch.
Bro I cant disagree with you more on that, I mean she has clearly stated many times shes owes everything to Myrlene and thanks her for it very much... she has said that many times in interviews. What else do you want Alizee to do, go on her knees and kiss Myrlene's ass? Upon saying that, I do agree with you in your saying that yes there is a definite tension between Myrlene and Alizee but I think your going over board; I seriously doubt the two hate each other or even dislike each other for that matter.... im sure its just friction due to business and nothing more!
Alizee isnt poor, but she isnt "RICH" like you would think! Her income is probably 100k-500k on average per year which is rich in terms of "guy you know who is a lawyer rich" but not "Daniel Radcliffe ima buy 15 cars rich"

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 01-24-2011, 02:15 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
Jalen have you not watched the Pepe Lepew warner brother cartoons. Check them out on youtube. And what could possibly be funny about Oklahoma lol!
1. Of course I've watched them

2. I always almost say "Oklahomo"
Old 01-24-2011, 02:20 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I always almost say "Oklahomo"
Hey, that's highly uncalled for. Besides, we should all be united in picking on Utah!

FURTHERMORE, now we're way off topic. MODERATOR!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:35 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Anyway... getting back on topic, I think Lefty nailed it with the 3-layer description. Alizée, especially in her earlier interviews (for example the Italian MTV one), intentionally played innocent about a couple of questions - which was a very good move on her part. She would not let the interviewers take her down certain roads. I have no doubt that Mylene coached her with regards to this. In fact, I think Mylene really did an excellent job with regards to how she allowed the young Alizée to be presented.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:08 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
Jung and Euphoria sitting in a tree. Damn you two are so much alike. Trolling the neighborhood making useless points without facts and pretending to be so informed with a giant hint of false mystery lol
I'm not trying to be mysterious, and I'm most definitely not making useless points. There are things Alizee has said that have definitely made it obvious she and Mylene don't have the best relationship anymore. I guess I should have been a little more careful in what I said. No, I don't think she hates her but I can definitely sense some resentment and tension in interviews and songs (factory girl). The info is there, but I don't feel like digging through 100 interviews to prove a point, it just doesn't matter to me that much.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:18 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Rev: This three-layer description? Yeah, it's excellent. Lefty's the man. So I put it up here again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I guess I’ve always looked at the Alizée persona as in layers. I am oversimplifying things here, but it helps to get my point across.

1. Alizée, the Lolita.
2. The sweet, innocent and kind-hearted girl from Corsica that was playing the part of Lolita.
3. The real Alizée, (who played the characters in 1 and 2).

Some people never made it past the first layer. Some people get to the second layer, but never recognize there is a third. I think the first two layers are for the public’s benefit and form the artist’s public persona. Even people who have had casual or business dealings with Alizée probably really don’t know the real Alizée very well. Being such a private person, I would expect that only her close friends and family know much about the real Alizée. Yet occasionally we do get glimpses. I’m not saying that Alizée doesn’t have any of the characteristics we see in her public persona. I’m saying that her public persona doesn’t fully define who she really is.

I was never much interested in the “Lolita” character. I always liked the sound (or timbre) of Alizée’s voice, and I’ve always liked the music. I continue to enjoy all four of her albums. Yes, I’d like to know the real Alizée better, but my expectations about her have never been attached to the first two layers. I don’t expect her to "be" her public persona. I’m hoping there is more music to come, I'm curious about the person behind the artistry, and that’s why I’m still here.

I suppose some people became disenchanted with Alizée because they discovered she wasn't Lolita, and some because she wasn't that sweet, innocent and kind-hearted girl from Corsica. And again, I'm not saying she doesn't possess some or all of these traits. I'm saying she is more complex than just these oversimplified 2 dimensional characters.

But does this mean that Alizées are like ogres? With layers?

Anyway, I totally agree, word-for-word, with Lefty. At the same time, Jung's points in this thread are highly valid. And even Euphoria was starting out making some sense, before this turned into a big food fight.

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason people should be leaving (or getting banned from) this forum is for breaking the basic rules. Foremost there is being disrespectful, or bad toward other members.

But back to what The Rev was saying - I think he's saying, "you can't argue with success". And mostly, you can't. You can't tell James Cameron he should've done "Avatar" all differently, can you? So in that regard, yes, Mylène did just fine with young Lili. And they both made some bucks.

But did Mylène make the image (and the giant shoe) something that Alizée could grow into? Or something that would have a very limited shelf life? I vote the latter. Yet who's to say it was her responsibility to do otherwise? Why should she have wanted her protégé to grow and become her rival?

So I have mixed feelings on this issue. On the one hand, I don't care for Mylène, and think she "turned out" a young girl to be her cash cow and, in some ways, her puppet. (Okay, that is a bit extreme.) And on the other hand, if not for Mylène, we wouldn't have all those lovely songs from the first two albums--hell, we might never have even heard of our Corsican sweetheart at all! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

So Mylène Farmer, if you're listening, I love you and I hate you. I find you reprehensible, and I thank you. And somehow, I don't think you'd want it any other way.

So I'll just say thanks, & salut.

EDIT

@ Euphoria -- Glad you're still in on the conversation! No, you're NOT making useless points. And besides, different opinions are what keep this place interesting!

Last edited by Chuck; 01-24-2011 at 03:31 AM..
Old 01-24-2011, 03:22 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Anyway... getting back on topic, I think Lefty nailed it with the 3-layer description. Alizée, especially in her earlier interviews (for example the Italian MTV one), intentionally played innocent about a couple of questions - which was a very good move on her part. She would not let the interviewers take her down certain roads. I have no doubt that Mylene coached her with regards to this. In fact, I think Mylene really did an excellent job with regards to how she allowed the young Alizée to be presented.
I agree with him (and you) as well. If anything, I thought the image Alizee portrayed was very tasteful. Mylene has always been kind of over the top herself, being shocking and well...rather vulgar at times. But personally, I thought the beginning of Alizee's career was perfect. She was sexy, but innocent and not over the top. I think Mylene gave her a great start and Alizee really could have progressed that image and turned it into something she really wanted.

All in all, it just disappoints me to see Alizee with such a bad place in the current French music industry. Every artist wants to be successful and have their efforts come to fruition. Lets face it, she has made some bad decisions and frankly, doesn't have very good management. I hope that she can pick herself back up because she is beautiful and talented, but it just seems like she doesn't have the drive anymore to have a successful career.