Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Alizée reportedly said in her last interview that she had no idea and was shocked to learn that Chloé Clerc had previously recorded the song she used in her album . Which is hard to believe since Chloé is the one who wrote the lyrics and her name is in the credits. There's only two possibilities : 1. She's incredibly under informed 2. She's lying not to admit that her song(s?) wasn't written for her and isn't as much related to her life as she pretends .

If she's not lying then this affair could bring lots of trouble to Chloé Clerc , which would mean that she sold her song to Alizée without telling her that it was already featured in her own album ... knowing Alizée's attitude towards legal issues , this could easily end up in court even though I'm more worried about the press coverage of this story if it continues to spread at this pace than the actual conflict between the two girls, that'd be catastrophic for the album reception .

But again I'm waiting for the full interview to be made public in order to tell you guys the whole story in details.

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 04-11-2013 at 08:14 PM..
Old 04-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Well in the album booklet, Alizée gives thanks Chloé Clerc.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 04-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

From what I've seen in the past, my guess is that Alizée isn't very involved in the songs. I think they find songs that they think fit her, present the songs to her and then she tells them whether she likes them or not. Maybe she suggests certain changes to the arrangements to suite her tastes and her voice, but I think that's about it.

I don't know how things work in France, but if this situation with Chloé Clerc's song happened in the US, there would really be no grounds for a legal case. Typically, writers and publishers join an organization like ASCAP, BMI or in France they would join SACEM. They make their songs available for use through their publishers and these organizations. People who use the songs pay royalties through these organizations. It's a very routine, tried and true process that everyone in the music business is very familiar with. I can't see how there would be a misunderstanding. Alizée was probably just uninformed.

Another guess on my part, but it wouldn't surprise me if Alizée's "thanks" on the album was written by someone from the record company. She probably just gave them a list of the more personal names she wanted included and they took care of the rest.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:07 AM

foxy is on a distinguished road

I can't imagine that Sony has no idea that Chloé Clerc already used the song in her album.
I mean Sony is a major label...
Old 04-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

That's why this whole story is worrying... Someone has been deceiving someone, but we have no way of knowing if this shit came from Sony, Chloé or Lili... wait and see .

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..