Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Disagreeing with one speculation is often just another form of speculation. Right now, I don’t think any of us have a monopoly on the “facts”.

Speculation can be the product of creative and overactive minds. Unfortunately it can pile up like diarrhea sometimes. Maybe we’d all be better off turning off our computers and going out and getting some fresh air, or apply all that mental energy into some productive creative endeavor.

Like everyone else, I’m dying to know what’s going on, and like Snatcher said, we have no choice but to wait and see.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
So why doesn't Snatcher do it to other members who posts two or more at once?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
He just probably happened to be online when it happened, and thought he would help out.
Yeah I mean I work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, and don't read every post and thread on this forum. Just merge any doubles when I see them, unless there's a l o n g amount of time between. Didn't mean to pick on you, Rocket. In fact for awhile reading back through the thread (this is my first time on since yesterday), I couldn't figure out what was going on because I didn't even remember doing it.

---EDIT---

By the way, thanks for the Jean Fauque and Bertrand Burgalat quotes, heyamigo and garcon. Here's another by Jean Fauque from myspace, again just saying that there's nothing bad about Mylene on this album:

Last edited by Ben; 09-08-2007 at 02:35 PM..
Old 09-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post

Translation:

There is not a song about or against Mylène. The person evoked in one of the songs is not her, it's an imaginary person. A person who may unfortunately resemble real events, but it will be easy to listen and see that it is not about the relationship with Mylène (who, moreover, I had the good luck to meet, and whom I appreciate greatly)

Last edited by Cooney; 09-08-2007 at 03:52 PM..
Old 09-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Thanks Snatcher for the info and Cooney for the translation. As much as it burns me that Mylène might have copyrighted Alizée's name, I could really do without any further melodrama... at least until after the album releases and the success of Alizée's grand retour is secured.

Last edited by CFHollister; 09-08-2007 at 04:37 PM..
Old 09-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Century Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
As much as it burns me that Mylène might have copyrighted Alizée's name
CF, have you read what's been said about this in the other thread? I'm shocked so many it surprising.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:01 PM

clique is on a distinguished road

Quote:
CF, have you read what's been said about this in the other thread? I'm shocked so many it surprising.
Seriously... It's almost as funny as people being shocked that one of Alizée's new songs was leaked.

I also find it a bit weird that so many people are jumping on the "hate Mylene-bandwagon" so quickly. As already has been stated, a show like this has about the same credibility as Voici has in the newspaper world. (Ok, maybe not that bad, but still...)
Old 09-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Century Child

Changing gears just for a min...

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
making it easier to see that Alizée just ripped off a corset (even in the one we've all seen, note how she's grabbing the strings).
Oh wow, I just put two-and-two together with that description and the picture we have. Ok, so she's pulling the dress off, it's not actually that HUGE! I see. Heh, only took me this long cause I've been very busy! Well, if this is real I hope they go with your or some other version, because it's not terribly clear in the one we have!
Old 09-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't necessarily find it surprising, I've suspected for some time that something similar may have been happening. Still, as has been mention by others in other threads, it would be som much the copyrighting itself that would bother me as the manner in which the copyright was relinquished. I also realize we're still operating off of sensationalist reporting, and that my opinions may be scewed by my previous suspicions. So I'm still witholding final judgement.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Century Child

Yeah. Point is though, even a tabloids have to operate off some truth. In this case that her name was copyrighted and it took a long time to get the rights. Then they extrapolate their own likely false conclusion, i.e. that Mylene was being greedy.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I recall in that fan meeting that happened a while back, Alizée supposedly asked them if she should keep the old logo. At the time I thought it was an odd question for her to ask her fans. She must have been debating whether it was worth the trouble or expense to obtain it to use it again.