Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
But why did she stopped working with mylene and boutonnat? I hope, if things doesnt get better, Mylene will help Lili (sounds like magic). Now the music we hear is Alizee's real music, and if she is happy with that I'll be happy. (but the other people, wont get interested.
She stopped working with Mylène and Laurent because she wanted to go in a new artistic direction and do her own thing. I believe Mylène would be willing to help Alizée, but I am not so sure that Alizée would be willing to accept her help.

There is no bad blood between them whatsoever. On this I am completely certain. But that doesn't mean Alizée wants to go back to singing songs written by Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnant. On the other hand, she's nothing if not changeable . . . so who knows?

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 10-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

As much as I like MF/LB, they are not the only ones in the world who can make good music, and they are not the only ones who can offer expert advice. Alizée may have found reasonable replacements for the music, but has she found a replacement for their expert advice? Or is she on her own in that regard?

It never hurts to have a more experienced person who has no conflicts of interest (not a guy from the record company) and is solely there to support you and help you make the right decisions. I hope she has someone like that in her corner, although at times it doesn’t seem like she does.

For better or worse, the music is what it is. What matters now is how she plays the hand she is holding.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:03 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
She stopped working with Mylène and Laurent because she wanted to go in a new artistic direction and do her own thing.

There is no bad blood between them whatsoever.
I'm not sure if that's true or not. I read several months ago that when Alizée came out with her latest album, she sent the first one to MF and LB and they never responded. Thats an act that doesn't rate high on the friendometer.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-18-2008 at 02:31 PM..
Old 10-18-2008, 02:29 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
As much as I like MF/LB, they are not the only ones in the world who can make good music
The people who were working with Alizée on her last album may be very, very good at what they do, but that doesn't guarantee the songs they produce will be good. You could have the greatest singer in the world combine with the greatest musician and the greatest song writer, but the end product could be awful.

The thing with Alizée and MF amd LB are that Alizée's voice, Laurent's music and Mylene's lyrics blended so beautifully together.

I wish they would get back together but I don't think they will. That would be heaven. Life is much too cruel for something that wonderful to happen again and like I said, they might find some other great talents to work with her, but that wont guarantee success.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-18-2008 at 02:33 PM..
Old 10-18-2008, 03:41 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
blah blah

that's all i read

just joking
Shut up!
Old 10-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Alizée Fan Since Day 1

Señor Villa is on a distinguished road

Lili should write and produce her next album. A concept album would be nice.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:25 PM

Default Yes men wearing rose colored glassses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
To be honest I think he enjoys being overly critical of Alizée,

You are right, he wants Alizée to satisfy what he thinks she should do, according to what he thinks gives her happiness.
I didn't enjoy being critical of her. I wanted her comeback to be a great success. I was one of the few who apparently saw what was coming down the road. Most other members like HelixSix kept looking at everything she did through rose colored glasses and had absolutely no constructive criticism to offer, which made me very bitter knowing it would probably come to this. Maybe if people like him had been more critical, her career wouldn't be in such jeopardy today.

And I said before, I don't want her to do anything she doesn't want to do.
If she's happy with the way her career is going then don't change a thing. If retiring would make her happy then by all means, retire.
But like I said before, if she does want much more success, then she has to make changes and stop listening to yes men like HelixSix. That is if it's not too late!

As far as making posts on myspace or other sites. I'm just one of the many fans out there whose letters probably never get read, so I thought it was better to try and get my message across to some of the more influential members in here whose posts do get read by members of her team.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-18-2008 at 04:28 PM..
Old 10-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Most other members like HelixSix kept looking at everything she did through rose colored glasses and had absolutely no constructive criticism to offer, which made me very bitter knowing it would probably come to this. Maybe if people like him had been more critical, her career wouldn't be in such jeopardy today.
Then find an abundance of quotes on me to make your exaggeration legit. You can't because I am not one of those people. Believe it or not but I only like about half the songs on her new album, and there's a reason for that - because some of her songs are the type of music that simply doesn't appeal to me...this goes for other artists too. The difference between us is that I don't hold it against her that some of her songs don't appeal to me, because that is irrational and unfair thinking towards the artist.

Maybe that is because I actually respect her as an artist and understand she wanted to go in her own direction with this album. There is a big difference in having that attitude compared to having rose colored glasses. I also don't pretend that I'm a know it all music industry expert that has a perfect idea to solve every problem I think she has so I can get my fix.

You are also confusing the idea of "constructive criticism" with what you say. Plus you don't understand that the quantity of criticism you push on us and Alizée can completely negate whatever message you are trying to get across. In the case of negative campaigning being spammed frequently you are not doing anything helpful. You won't even open your mind to the possibility that you might be doing more damage than good....you're just hellbent on a mission of negativity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
But like I said before, if she does want much more success, then she has to make changes and stop listening to yes men like HelixSix. That is if it's not too late!
Even if she was reading this forum she wouldn't be listening to me because I have not been openly agreeing or saying everything she does is perfect. It is truly pathetic that you have decided to slander me in this way, and those kind of tactics across the board are why you wore out your welcome a long long time ago. You have no problem bashing and going after Alizée (because she can't/doesn't reply to you on here), but if somebody else disagrees with your negative bashing on here you turn to slander and try to get them out of your negative campaign path.

In other words, free speech is your best friend until somebody has something to say about your words.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:16 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Instead of a new album maybe she should write a book. I would love to read something like that. I'll bet it would be a best seller in all of the European countries. She could talk about how she started, how she met Mylene, how she felt about winning her awards and so on.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:42 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Instead of a new album maybe she should write a book. I would love to read something like that. I'll bet it would be a best seller in all of the European countries. She could talk about how she started, how she met Mylene, how she felt about winning her awards and so on.
This is a very plausible route for her to take after she retires; I agree, her story is one-of-a-kind and it would be fascinating to discover the undisclosed nuances of her career. Acting is another good option: her looks and personality seem to be tailored for it. But why now? Unless her ability to captivate people with a smile and a song disappears, and her well of musical talent runs dry, she should continue to make albums and share her gift in this particular way.

If a time comes when her heart is no longer in her musical career, she is, of course, free to pursue whatever end she desires.