Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I can't help but feeling a little bit snubbed. Sorry, but that's just the way I feel.
I know what you mean, Rocket. I think of it more like rejection than snubbing. It’s like when you really adore someone but they don’t even know you exist. You feel rejection even though you haven’t actually been rejected. Sometimes I do have those feelings too, but I know she is within her rights to decide where to promote herself and I think she does appreciate us. She probably doesn’t think there are enough of us to warrant a visit. She said she hasn’t forgotten about her fans in the US, but I think she just doesn’t know a practical way (in her mind) to reach out to us.

I think Alizée has never had plans to promote herself and her music in the US or Mexico. The fact that she got popular in Mexico through no effort of her own has made her change her mind about visiting there. I think if the same thing happened in the US she would also decide to come here, but she’s not going to try to make it happen on her own.

Before she heads back home from Mexico, it would be nice if she would just make one stop in the US and appear on a TV show for one performance or a short interview. It may not help her career, but it would be a very kind and generous thing to do and would mean a lot to US fans. An act of good will couldn’t hurt.

Regardless, I’m happy for Mexico. The fans there have earned a visit from Alizée and I’m glad there are going to get it.