Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 05-28-2012, 12:34 PM
I AM BOXXY, YOU-YOU-YOU-YOU SEE?

DopeBoy is on a distinguished road

I went to see "The Avengers" last night with my brother(who I don't get to hang out with nearly enough!). It was GREAT! We 'medicated' before going in and I started nodding out before the previews were over. I don't remember too much about what happened as I kept falling asleep but the effects work is top notch. I can't really stand Robert Downey Jr. but when Iron Man makes his first appearance, its pretty epic and a high point of the movie for me. I'm a huge Iron Man fan since I was 'knee-high to a grasshopper'. Oh yeah, and near the end the Hulk kept screaming and it kept scaring the @$%! out of me and waking me up but it was funny. Anyway, good mindless action movie I think...

Last edited by DopeBoy; 05-28-2012 at 12:37 PM..
Old 06-05-2012, 05:42 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Tomorrow marks the 68th anniversary of Operation Overlord, aka D-Day. One of the greatest military operations of all time, it essentially marked the turning point of the war.

One year in high school, on the anniversary of D-Day, I asked pretty much everyone in my classes if they knew what significant event happened today. If I recall correctly, only a handful (maybe 10 or less) knew.

I love listening to vets tell their stories. So humbling.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XGBAt4egoKo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vkqi5UFCKu8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There are a ton more I would like to post, but that would make the page ridiculously long.

(Didn't know if I will have a chance to post this tomorrow, so I'd rather be early than late)
Old 06-07-2012, 04:02 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

It seems that Kolkata and Chennai have worst weather in India. Temperature crosses 40°C during day. If it was just that then it might not have been big problem, but it's very humid here. Just step outside for 2 minutes and your shirt will be stick because of sweat. I hate such weather.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:19 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
It seems that Kolkata and Chennai have worst weather in India. Temperature crosses 40°C during day. If it was just that then it might not have been big problem, but it's very humid here. Just step outside for 2 minutes and your shirt will be stick because of sweat. I hate such weather.
That reminded me whe I was stationed in Okinawa, Japan. I used to hate it when after taking a cold shower, you start sweating as soon as you step out of the shower.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
That reminded me whe I was stationed in Okinawa, Japan. I used to hate it when after taking a cold shower, you start sweating as soon as you step out of the shower.
I guess Okinawa isn't hot like some of the places here.

I have lived in Ranchi for more than 14 years and it has probably best weather in this part of India. It's a hill station and we always enjoyed summers there. That's another reason why I don't like weather here in Kolkata.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 06-07-2012 at 04:30 AM..
Old 06-07-2012, 05:13 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
I guess Okinawa isn't hot like some of the places here.

I have lived in Ranchi for more than 14 years and it has probably best weather in this part of India. It's a hill station and we always enjoyed summers there. That's another reason why I don't like weather here in Kolkata.
I like warm weather between 70's - 80's and as long as it's not humid. If not, I'm moving!
Old 06-07-2012, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
I like warm weather between 70's - 80's and as long as it's not humid. If not, I'm moving!
70-80 would be like winter here.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I had a weird Spiderman/Harry Potter crossover dream that I was Peter Parker's girlfriend, but I was also marked by Voldemort like Harry, and we were getting married, and Voldemort came and crashed the wedding, so I had to pull out my wand and for some reason I used the "Expecto Patronum" spell, and my patronus was a phoenix. It killed Voldemort somehow, but it also injured Peter Parker in the process (he got burned?). I don't think he died, though.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 06-10-2012, 02:01 AM

texasguy is on a distinguished road

All this time, we didn't know. Voldemort was just a dementor with a face!
Old 06-10-2012, 06:04 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Which Peter Parker?

(Choose your answer very carefully)