Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 05:35 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Sorry if I go a little off-topic here but I just find this one quite interesting.
I was a little bored so I decided to check other celebrities' FB pages and stumbled on Maria Sharapova's (tennis player) page. She happens to have an auction going on. I'm curious as to how much these items would sell as compared to Alizee's toy.

So far Alizee's toy BEAT all of them, including a 5-minute "meet and greet" for 2 people with Maria ($650 compared to over $700 for the toy). It started on the 3rd of August and has another month left. So, I know it's a little too early to tell and some items here might eventually beat the toy. But, considering that Maria has over 5 million more fans than Alizee; tennis as a sport mainly for the upper class; and the items being auctioned (signed tennis racket; a pair of used Maria signed Nike shoes; a signed Nike playing dress and the meet and greet), I was expecting a lot more people bidding on these items and the prices to be much more than the toy at this point in time. This kind of gives us a perspective as to how much we, fans of Alizee, adore her compared to the fans of other celebrities.
I provided both a link and snapshot of the auction for those who might be curious and/or interested.

https://secure.auctiondesq.com/index...071&OrgID=8358

Shot at 2011-08-20
Old 08-20-2011, 08:30 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I just returned. I will admit that I have not read everything above, but the essence I believe I understand is that we are still trying to figure out what to do.

Let me suggest the following (if you have not already done it):

Agree that we will be donating to something. Alizée already acknowledged that we are donating - we simply can't pull out at this time without looking bad.

Contact them (the Alizee Team) one more time (I understand this may not be easy) and request confirmation of either continuing to donate to the original cause or another one of their suggestion, and simply explain that we simply don't understand what is going on over there, and that, as of the time of their acknowledgement, we had not yet sent the money due to confusion on who to send it to. Then, assuming we get an answer, act on it immediately.

I know this is a simplisitic description, but if we can simply agree on this then the details will work themselves out.

PS - Again, I appologize if I do not have the correct current understanding of the situation.
You hit the nail pretty much square on the head. That is exactly what is going on. When I first contacted the Alizee team, I wasn't ready to pull the trigger right away becuase I was still waiting to hear from people about donations, which is too bad because it probably would've have been a done deal.

Then Alizee was removed as sponsor and a facebook page popped up questioning the need of the family. Once I collected all the money, we could not get back in touch with the Alizee team. Could've been because we were going through e bay and the auction was over at that point or it could've been Alizee doesn't want to be involved with it because of the controversy that arose or because she was removed as sponsor.

But we've been discussing it in here, and we still feel there is a financial need for this family and we still think it's a good cause. So we are going to contact Alizee one more time saying just about exactly what you said.

In the beginning we were in a rush to get this done by the end of the auction, but we at least succeeded in letting our intentions be known by then. Now we're taking the time to get this last letter right. We feel where the French usually take month long vacatons in the summer and Alizee was recently seen on Corsica, she's probably will be there for most of the month. I would think she'll be there, at least through her birthday, for when this vacation is over, it'll be time for Annily to get back to shcool and for Alizee to start working on her next album, so she is probably going to make this a long leisurly trip. Maybe we'll find out exactly where she is if she posts something on or after her birthday.

As mentioned before, we do have new contact info for the Alizee team. An address which I'm very confident if we send this next message to, it will get read.

So if this attempt to get a response from the Alizee team fails, like I said it will be the last. We will then try again contacting the Jean-Baptiste family directly through their facebook page. I was checking out their web page the other day and I see there are still people posting comments of support there all the time, but I didn't see a way for me to post a message on thier wall. could this type of access from someone outside of France be blocked for some reason? We'll have time to figure that out later, if our other attempt fails.

But if this attempt to contacting the J B family directly (instead of going through Marie Paule who I'm afraid might donate the money to some other cause,not necessarily one of our choosing) fails too, I mentioned before there is another option for getting this done, that I know will work.

I'm going away this morning to a wedding on CapeCod (hoping to hear La Isla Bonita) and I wont be back til late tomorrow, so if you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact Brian01.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-20-2011 at 08:35 AM..
Old 08-21-2011, 05:02 PM

Cruzier is on a distinguished road

Just came back from camping up north last night lots of reading.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:15 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
... But we've been discussing it in here, and we still feel there is a financial need for this family and we still think it's a good cause. So we are going to contact Alizee one more time saying just about exactly what you said ...

... As mentioned before, we do have new contact info for the Alizee team. An address which I'm very confident if we send this next message to, it will get read.

So if this attempt to get a response from the Alizee team fails, like I said it will be the last. We will then try again contacting the Jean-Baptiste family directly through their facebook page ... .

But if this attempt to contacting the J B family directly ... fails too, I mentioned before there is another option for getting this done, that I know will work.

I'm going away this morning to a wedding on CapeCod (hoping to hear La Isla Bonita) and I wont be back til late tomorrow, so if you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact Brian01.
Thanks for the explanation.

Hope you had fun, and heard LIB. Sorry about the rain.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:01 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

A bit off topic but...Jake04's post reminded me of something that I forgot about for a while. My friend got Maria Sharapova's number a few years back during the U.S. Open. He didn't even know who she was, described her as some "tall girl". It wasn't until later that some of his other friends told him: "uh...that was Maria Sharapova you were talking to."

When I asked him, "are you going to call her?" He responded with "nah." JESUS CHRIST I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THIS.

Back on topic: definitely keep us posted on any new developments, Scruffy. I'd be happy to contribute once you guys have decided on the particulars. Anything for our Lili!

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 08-23-2011, 01:47 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
It wasn't until later that some of his other friends told him: "uh...that was Maria Sharapova you were talking to."
When I asked him, "are you going to call her?" He responded with "nah." JESUS CHRIST I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THIS.
Well. What if you "accidentally" got a hold of Lilly's number.....Would you call her?
Old 08-23-2011, 09:14 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Well. What if you "accidentally" got a hold of Lilly's number.....Would you call her?
Have it, just wouldn't call her to respect her privacy, plus my French is non-existent and I understand her English is about the same as my French. Plus what would I talk to her about? Family, career, her next album?

Last edited by ALS; 08-23-2011 at 04:48 PM..
Old 08-23-2011, 08:17 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Have it, just wouldn't call her to respect her privacy, plus my French is non-existent and I understand her English is about the same as my French. Plus what would I talk to her about? Family, career, her next album?
I don't know what I'm gonna do if I had her number. Maybe I'd call her and pretend to have dialed the "wrong number" just to hear her voice.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:19 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
All good points. I just wouldn't do it because there's really no point to it. She's married, has a child, seems happy with life, I would just leave her be. Besides, I don't think there's any way to do it without coming off as a psycho/creep.

My friend on the other hand, who was given the number by the celeb HERSELF WHILE SHE WAS SINGLE...that's a totally different story.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 08-23-2011, 09:22 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
I don't know what I'm gonna do if I had her number. Maybe I'd call her and pretend to have dialed the "wrong number" just to hear her voice.
A guy from America just happens to miss dial a phone number while calling someone in France and gets Alizée's home phone.

Right she would believe that one.

With our luck lately Jeremy would answer the phone.