Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-04-2012, 07:43 PM

PurpleMistyRain is on a distinguished road

One day, I typed in French Pop on Youtube, and there 'ya go, lol

Old 04-07-2012, 09:10 PM

djahalaelkhabelovic is on a distinguished road
Default How Alizee changed me

Dear co-fans of Alizee!

First I would like to apologize for grammar mistakes, my English got kind-a rusty in the last years

I found this forum a while ago (I am from Europe, not USA), while searching for infos about the Jessica+Alizee relationship, but did not decide to register. Everything changed today, when I found this topic... I was particularly moved by the stories of various people here, describing how they got in contact with Alizee`s music, her image,her "energy", and what kind of an impact this has had on their lives.

And so I decided to register and share with you my experience...

---------------------------------------------------

THE BEGINNING
Everything started 11 years ago, in 2001, when we (I and my family) were on a vacation in Croatia (somewhere in Dalmacija if I remember correctly). I was then only 10 years old. I remember standing in a bar, locals were watching a soccer match, while I was listening to this music that I heard for the first time. Years later I recognized it as Moi Lolita, but at the time I only noticed the extremely catchy tune, which was inprinted in my memory for the next 10 years, lurking in the background, pooping up from time to time and reminding me that there exists something beautiful that I have forgotten...

LIFE IN THE BETWEEN
Years have passed, I have changed. At first I wanted to be a truck driver, then an architect, finally computer science got hold of me and I went to study (I still do !) computer science and math at the local university. My interest in music never got any deeper than for example Limp Bizkit, perhaps Lana Jurčević and Ana Nikolić(Croatian and Serbian singers), who, by the way, I still admire.

As a person, I always wanted to help others, I was not afraid of my emotions, although I was not keen to show them in public, of course . Appart from the work for the university I am also studying in my free time various social theories, which requires a strong personality (because of the swim-against-the-stream effect) and can cause great stress, I also have thousand other occupations.

But nothing got near to what I was about to experience...

START OF THE DREAM
Two months ago, I came across Kate Ryan singing Ella Ella on youtube, and started to explore her "musical universe". This exploration lasted for some time and I was happy to learn about another forgotten singer (Ella Ella was familiar to me, it was a hit for some time in my country).

And then: Moi...Lolita!!! I found the song which persisted in my head for so long, you can imagine how happy I was to find it, but the spell had not been said, at least it seemed so. Alizee was not that interesting to me at the start, other singers like Petra Marklund (September) got the priority, but slowly, with time, I became acquainted with majority of her songs from her first two albums (on youtube of course).

DREAM!
And then it happened: Une Enfant Du Siecle! I read the description on the amazon and was interested into what kind of music that must be, "nintendo music" as one commented . I got myself a copy of the album and blasted it off when I had time --> IT WAS LOVE ON THE FIRST SIGHT! I told one of my buddies that I fell in love with this album, a funny claim, of course he just laughed, but it was/is true, it was/is like being in love with it (thinking about it all the time, playing it all the time, ...)

At the same time I began watching her videos on youtube more regurarly, particularly the meeting with Jessica and Julia. Alizee impressed me with how lightly she behaved around Jessica, how naturally. Such details struck the final blow to my scepticism, I was signed, guilty as charged (as some Serbian here wrote, dobra!).

WHERE NEXT?
And so I landed among fans of Alizee. Is this a bad thing? No! Her music is simply beautiful, I cannot express my emotions that pop up when I listen to it! I actually cried when listening to the Parler Tout Bas song, can you imagine? A mathematician by hart who loves to think about alternatives to current society, who loves to think about the meaning of life etc, who is hooked up by the very thought of a system call (lol), can also cry like a girl because of a song of some french singer?

This song (Parler Tout Bas) struck me specially because it represents the same feelings I have had in the past (and still have), about leaving my childhood behind ... Her older songs tend to address my child side, while her more recent songs (last two albums) inspire me as a person.

What is happening to me? How could one french singer turn my emotional world upside down and at the same time not change me a bit in the wrong direction, but change me totally in the right direction --> toward exploring my personal side, my emotions, my wishes. I can say that I was a good person before Alizee, but Alizee changed me from good into very good, because she helped me to explore my deeps, to amplify my inner emotions.

I hope that she knows how much she has helped people like me to become better persons. Thank you, Alizee!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++

To you, co-fans, what do you think, how long will my state of ave last? Will the changes last? What are the chances that Alizee remains on my best-singer list till the end of my life?

Yours,

"Đahala"
Old 04-07-2012, 09:48 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road
I get those emotions when listening to Parlor' and I lovee her kast album, especially the way those songs relaxes you.

But I may add, the song LALIZE has an effect on me like no other song in my life. When I have a bad day, this is the song I listen to, and will play it over and over. Its such a happy feel good feeling song, and her voice is so beautiful in it. No other song in the world has this effect on me.

I ask myself also, how has this one woman in the worlds, albiet French Singer have effect on me so passionately. I cant put it in words, its amazingl. She has such a down to earth personality, soft romantic, uplifting voice, she passes this onto her music.

I no longer rank her songs by any scale. Each song has a different emotion to them. Tempete tells a story of Napolea, but more so a romantic life story about anyones hardships. Lmail des ailes tells a story of a romance thru an email relationship, and ACC tells a story of a romance that is experiencing difficultie.

Every song tells a story beautifully, and passionately.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

This may be a long one, and I'm going to say the same things that so many others have, so you're forgiven if you don't read it. But I want to write it anyway. See, today was the 2 month anniversary of my Alizée discovery.

April 25, 2012 I was browsing an unrelated forum and someone had posted an animated GIF of part of a JAM performance labeled 'Alizée.' I remember thinking that girl's really moving! I didn't remember the name and left her behind.... A few days later I went back and found the name and looked her up on Wikipedia. So by the time I got to Youtube I already knew about the drawing contest, the Graines de star, Moi...Lolita, MF/LB, the marriage, the daughter, the 3rd and 4th studio albums, the concert tours.

So I hit up Youtube... Of course the JAM performances come up first. Already knowing that Alizée was at that time being marketed by MF/LB, I kinda felt bad for her for having to perform like that. I could see the genius behind the whole operation, but to me she looked like she wasn't quite 100% into it. But next came lots of videos of the Gourmandises stuff, and of course ML. I saw the ML performance that's outside at night (don't remember where it took place) where she's doing the little waves, and thought, here she is enjoying performing! But it's the stuff like the ACC tv performances (and LIB) that really got me hooked. I just can't get enough of watching her face as she sings. No creepy stuff here... It's not like that for me at all. Can't describe the magic as well as so many others here have, but I get it.

So first I needed to learn French so I could understand all the interviews. Got some stuff from the library and started. Haven't got far.

I have a general distrust of most things internet (Google, FB, etc.) So I lurk and don't register online for things. Very introverted, and have a few minor internal 'issues.' I used to be down a lot till 2 months ago. It was a very sudden turn around. Like a new antidepressant, but with no side effects. Well, there have been some side effects. Had to get an Amazon account to order CDs and En Concert. Had to get a smarter phone so I could get twitter. (didn't want to use twitter from home IP) Had to get twitter. Joined here. More agreeable at work. Got a stereo bluetooth headset so I could listen while I work.

I teared up watching the Jessica and Julia stuff. I love watching the En Concert DVD (Got the good one) Have the 'bad' one also that came with the CD and keep that in the car (can only watch it in PARK though)

I've been sort of planning this post throughout the day, and it's not coming out as good as I wanted it too. But I know many/most of you know exactly what I'm not putting into words. I was worried the magic would end me as quickly as it came but I'm not so worried anymore since I found this forum.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djahalaelkhabelovic View Post

To you, co-fans, what do you think, how long will my state of ave last? Will the changes last? What are the chances that Alizee remains on my best-singer list till the end of my life?

Yours,

"Đahala"
Not sure the meaning of ave ?

The changes are forever a part of you and really up to you how long it will last . What are the chances another Alizée type will come along to replace her . . .

I'd say most likely she will be with you forever , the only change there would
be a better understanding of yourself and those around you as time goes on .
The experience with her only gets better as time goes on for me , while some of the initial thrill so to speak one can only experience at the start the joy , others experiences and relations one may acquire last forever , beyond words i can give you in a short reply .

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
I get those emotions when listening to Parlor' and I lovee her kast album, especially the way those songs relaxes you.

But I may add, the song LALIZE has an effect on me like no other song in my life. When I have a bad day, this is the song I listen to, and will play it over and over. Its such a happy feel good feeling song, and her voice is so beautiful in it. No other song in the world has this effect on me.

I ask myself also, how has this one woman in the worlds, albiet French Singer have effect on me so passionately. I cant put it in words, its amazingl. She has such a down to earth personality, soft romantic, uplifting voice, she passes this onto her music.

I no longer rank her songs by any scale. Each song has a different emotion to them. Tempete tells a story of Napolea, but more so a romantic life story about anyones hardships. Lmail des ailes tells a story of a romance thru an email relationship, and ACC tells a story of a romance that is experiencing difficultie.

Every song tells a story beautifully, and passionately.
You should quote at least some of the original post so they know you're replying to them . I know it's obvious for the most part but some may skip over if they don't realize .

Last edited by alizeefan; 06-26-2012 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-26-2012, 07:26 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
This may be a long one, and I'm going to say the same things that so many others have, so you're forgiven if you don't read it. But I want to write it anyway. See, today was the 2 month anniversary of my Alizée discovery.

April 25, 2012 I was browsing an unrelated forum and someone had posted an animated GIF of part of a JAM performance labeled 'Alizée.' I remember thinking that girl's really moving! I didn't remember the name and left her behind.... A few days later I went back and found the name and looked her up on Wikipedia. So by the time I got to Youtube I already knew about the drawing contest, the Graines de star, Moi...Lolita, MF/LB, the marriage, the daughter, the 3rd and 4th studio albums, the concert tours.

So I hit up Youtube... Of course the JAM performances come up first.
Wow you're lucky to have been exposed to JAM first! I mean, I saw her rendition of "La Isla Bonita" first and it was amazing, but I think JAM would have floored me.

Quote:
But it's the stuff like the ACC tv performances (and LIB) that really got me hooked. I just can't get enough of watching her face as she sings. No creepy stuff here... It's not like that for me at all. Can't describe the magic as well as so many others here have, but I get it.
Don't worry, you've come to the right place. When you're here, it's understood that she just has that special effect on us. Anyone who is lucky enough to experience it knows that it is a blessing. Outside of this forum and in everyday life, however, I would recommend treading carefully when bringing her up to people who aren't familiar with her. I've gotten some pretty nasty comments before and at this point I just keep my love for her to myself. That's what I love about being on AAM - I'm among others who get it. And now, you're part of us too. WE ARE LEGION.

Quote:

Very introverted, and have a few minor internal 'issues.' I used to be down a lot till 2 months ago. It was a very sudden turn around. Like a new antidepressant, but with no side effects.

SAME HERE! She is like a cure-all remedy to the problems in life. I was also very introverted and went through most of my life asocial and extremely unhappy. I remember how drastically she changed my life in 2007 during the summertime when I learned about her. Wow what a change. I started getting back into shape and even started sleeping at normal times and waking up early. I started going for morning jogs while listening to "Moi...Lolita" and I felt AMAZING. It was like being AWAKE for the FIRST time in life. I looked back on my life prior to her and I have to say that I was not living. She taught me how to truly live.

Quote:

I've been sort of planning this post throughout the day, and it's not coming out as good as I wanted it too. But I know many/most of you know exactly what I'm not putting into words. I was worried the magic would end me as quickly as it came but I'm not so worried anymore since I found this forum.
Welcome aboard, and now you know that you're not alone. It'll be a fun ride, hope you stay for a bit.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 06-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your comments, Rictor. A little update. I just was watching Scruffydog's "JAM - history of the early years" video on youtube. I don't know what I was thinking last night/this morning. Alizée really looked like she was enjoying performing JAM in each clip. I don't know where my doubts came from.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:25 PM

texasguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks for your comments, Rictor. A little update. I just was watching Scruffydog's "JAM - history of the early years" video on youtube. I don't know what I was thinking last night/this morning. Alizée really looked like she was enjoying performing JAM in each clip. I don't know where my doubts came from.
The only instance I can think of where Alizée looks legitimately pissed is during the I'm Fed Up performance in Germany, I believe. It comes at about the 1:40 mark (right before she starts movin' the hips).

Don't know if she was really mad about something, but I always imagine her as thinking "What the hell am I singing about?" and her face always cracks me up.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:54 PM

vivealizee is on a distinguished road

Like this guy:

But without the real presence of her, but similar reaction :P
Old 07-21-2012, 09:23 PM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

^ lol
Just like all the guys in this years LE when alizee was in her tutu

And yes, i know it's hard to notice anything but her in the picture

Last edited by melovelily; 07-21-2012 at 09:27 PM..