Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Yeah, that was really cool. Thanks to everyone who participated and organized it, especially Ruroshen!
Old 01-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

That was really fun and I wish I could have been there the whole time.

I had to leave for a basketball game which we lost.

Anyways I think it went well and we definitely need to do it again sometime.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:23 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Now what about doing the same thing but this time watching the Mexican concert by t@keo? Its not En Concert but it is something new and refreshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDean23 View Post
I had to leave for a basketball game which we lost.
lol I bet En Concert was still on your mind
Old 01-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Century Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
Now what about doing the same thing but this time watching the Mexican concert by t@keo? Its not En Concert but it is something new and refreshed.
Yeah, good idea. I suggested segments of past Les Enfoires DVDs, but t@keo's recording is probably the way to go first.
Either that or Tuvok's full Moscow edit posted here: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4121

Last edited by Ben; 01-11-2009 at 12:28 AM..
Old 01-11-2009, 12:23 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Yeah I think takeo's video would be better to go first. Though if we are doing it I have to get a mic and download the concert, Ruro the torrent is not working! I open the torrent you gave us on BitTorrent and it just stays there doing nothing. Someone has downloaded it succesfully from the torrent?
Old 01-11-2009, 03:10 AM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

/cry, now I have to listen to the audio once its released and watch en concert pretending I was there.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 01-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Guys, thank you all so much for coming out and taking part. Things went much better than I could have hoped for--we had just the right number of people, and just the right balance of humor, trivia, serious discussion and 'ooo, wasn't that cool?' moments. There's things I would have liked to have added here and there, but that's what the next one is for!

Massive thanks especially to Jung for hosting it. We couldn't have done it without him.

I listened to the raw file again last night while I was recording it over to audacity, and I'm about a thrid of the way through editing it--mainly tightening up the discussion at the beginning before we started the DVD, and removing as much of the background noise as I can. (Jung sounds like he was recording in a wind tunnel, and at points Roman's TV is up so high it sounds like he was reporting from the concert! Ah, it's all good.) I'm picking up Audacity pretty quickly as I go, though--big ups to Ciara for showing me how it worked, months ago--so hopefully it shouldn't take me more than a day or two to get this into Brad's hands.

As far as the next one goes, I cast my vote for T@keo's cap of the June 18th concert too. It's a little shaky at the beginning, but more than makes up for it as it goes along--it's extremely well-shot and produced for a bootleg. Next weekend is no good for me, unfortunately, but do we want to tentatively say the weekend of Jan 24/25?

(As far as I know, the torrent is still up and running OK, edgar. I have actually gotten quite a few emails from people thanking me for posting it, so I assume they've downloaded it OK. I'll check on it and get back to you.)

One other thing I'd like to explore is the possibility of doing this without a concert, too. There were a lot of interesting points brought up yesterday, for example, that I would have liked to discuss further, but we reined ourselves in to keep from going off on tangents. Maybe there's not much going on in Lilly Town right now, but it's clear there's still lots to discuss. Maybe if we picked one topic each week and saw where it took us?

Anyway, thanks again guys. This was an amazing amount of fun. Hopefully we can do it again soon!

Last edited by Ruroshen; 01-11-2009 at 08:30 PM..
Old 01-11-2009, 09:01 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
One other thing I'd like to explore is the possibility of doing this without a concert, too. There were a lot of interesting points brought up yesterday, for example, that I would have liked to discuss further, but we reined ourselves in to keep from going off on tangents. Maybe there's not much going on in Lilly Town right now, but it's clear there's still lots to discuss. Maybe if we picked one topic each week and saw where it took us?
well it is open all the time anyone is free to pop in at anytime

I am there quite often as is Barrett

Old 01-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Century Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Next weekend is no good for me, unfortunately, but do we want to tentatively say the weekend of Jan 24/25?
Nooo, that's Les Enfoires time!

I'd say keep these once a month for now, so as to not blow everything we've got too quickly.

Last edited by Ben; 01-11-2009 at 09:11 PM..
Old 01-11-2009, 09:13 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

you guys could always just suprise me and pop in some time

Closed Thread

Tags
chat, en concert, ventrilo