Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 08-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
From now until August 7

From August 8 until August 14, the community will have the chance to vote for their favorites!

The winners will be revealed on Alizée's birthday, August 21, on the front page of Alizée America, along with links to the other entries!

You can change it as much as you like right up until the submission deadline of midnight PST on August 7, at which point all the entries will be considered "locked in".

Voting will begin the next day, August 8, just as quickly as I can get the voting threads for each category up on the forum, and will close at midnight PST on August 14. Community members will each be able to vote once in each category.
Isn't august 7th a bit early? I don't know, it seems a few people might feel a bit rushed. I don't think we need too many days for voting. Maybe sliding the voting over a few days later, closer to her actual birthday. To me it seems like the birthday "surprise" would be kinda ruined if the projects are revealed too soon for the vote.

just my random thoughts
Old 08-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo! View Post
Isn't august 7th a bit early? I don't know, it seems a few people might feel a bit rushed. I don't think we need too many days for voting. Maybe sliding the voting over a few days later, closer to her actual birthday.
Hmm... I did announce the contest all the way back on June 17th, though. Somehow I thought giving folks almost 2 months would be more than enough time. Silly me.

That having been said, I have gotten a few panicked requests for more time this week, so we'll extend the deadline until Monday, August 10 to give everyone the weekend to finish (or, um, start ) their entries. We'll vote from the 11th to the 14th.

** Important: Remember to send me a PM with a download link to your entry once it's ready to go! **

Quote:
To me it seems like the birthday "surprise" would be kinda ruined if the projects are revealed too soon for the vote.
You do have a point, but we also need to give Ben plenty of time to host the winners and design the special birthday home page for the site!

Last edited by Ruroshen; 08-06-2009 at 12:12 PM..
Old 08-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Somehow I thought giving folks almost 2 months would be more than enough time. Silly me.
Yeah Ruro come on, get with the program! you should know this group by now , how long have you been here?

*looks at Ruroshens join date*

Oh right
Old 08-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
I don't think i'll be entering this one with anything.
I simply lack the time and the true inspiration to stick with anything for the whole hundred.
I think you could dig up an old drawing and steal the entire show!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

thank you....... SO much

it seems whenever I set my energy to something, everything goes wrong.

My original birthday file where half was done... well I don't know what happened to it but somehow it got deleted.

My microphone is starting to record mono, not stereo... I was told that my yamaha clp-330 would easily connect to my macbook (that's why I bought the damn thing) but it's not

i actually cut my ear on my headphones
--------------
I'm going to quit complaining and pulling my hair out and take a nap
--------------

again, THANK YOU so much
Old 08-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncliningPizza View Post
Yeah Barrett, do some supernatural Alizée drawing, or medieval sort of thing. Kind of like what you did for the Alizée members on your profile. Those were really good!

And Rawdg, which of your entries are you gonna put in? You have a really big selection to pick from.
It's a new one that I'm making, you'll know soon enough. But it's not really "winning" material, just something to put in. I really want to see some amazing visual art pieces done, because that's more fitting for this, and there has to be some really good stuff capable of being created.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You do have a point, but we also need to give Ben plenty of time to host the winners and design the special birthday home page for the site!
Yeah. Unfortunately her birthday's on a Friday this year, so I'll need the weekend of the 15th-16th to put this together.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:31 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

I actually did enter, but it's a song recorded and mixed in like 20 minutes with a BlackMetalMic.
It's just there though, i'm not expecting nor hoping for anyone to vote for it, it's just a little something members can hear for fun.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
I really want to see some amazing visual art pieces done, because that's more fitting for this, and there has to be some really good stuff capable of being created.
There actually haven't been any visual art or writing pieces submitted yet, surprisingly. I'm really hoping that changes over the weekend, because we definitely have some very talented artists and writers in the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
I actually did enter, but it's a song recorded and mixed in like 20 minutes with a BlackMetalMic.
You did that in 20 minutes?!

EDIT: Alright kids, entries are slowly beginning to trickle in. We actually do have a visual art piece entered now, but still nothing in the writing category...so the field is wide open there! Remember, you've just got 2 days left to get your entry in!

Last edited by Ruroshen; 08-08-2009 at 01:00 AM.. Reason: "I wassss oncccce a maaaaan..."
Old 08-09-2009, 01:37 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

after the harsh realization that I suck at recording music and video....

I've decided I'll just throw together some karaoke versions of the songs I was going to play so my lyrics won't go to waste.

crap, I will have to sing.

Anybody wanna do it with me?

Tags
birthday, contest, fan art, faq