Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-26-2010, 12:48 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clique View Post
Jake04: I don't think you realize how much of a laughing stock Eurovision is in some circles. I'd say over 80% of the songs in the competition is total garbage (some countries even send in joke entries). Do you really want her to be associated with acts like this:

I'll give you that it is one of the most watched shows in Europe. What you might not know is that a lot of people (especially young people, 20-30 something, which I believe is the target audience for Alizée) get together with their friends, drink alcohol and laugh at all the shitty music. It has become kind of the thing to do. I can't take any of the artists that willfully compete in Eurovision seriously anymore, and I hope she never enters. In fact, I'm sure that she will never enter 'cause I think she's very aware of the status that the Eurovision has these days.
Well, a lot of people, especially here in America think World Cup is a joke too, even though it is the most popular sport in the world.

As far as people getting together to get drunk and laugh at the show, you're not saying the majority or even a substantial number of the total audience do that, do you? Just like in Superbowl, a lot people, get together , get drunk to watch the COMMERCIALS - and not the game itself. But to say the majority of the audience of more than one hundred million people do that, is just TOTALLY WRONG!

Also, to say that some countries would send in "joke entries on purpose" (with all the efforts and expense involved and pride of their countries at stake - not to mention that their audience have a say on what entry to send) is just PLAIN STUPID!

You have to realize the cultural differences among the countries involved. Different people and/or different countries have different taste. You can't expect all 39 countries who participated to submit all "American-type" music. What may be popular in one country may seems like a joke to another (like soccer). Who would have thought David Hasselhoff could sell a million albums in Germany? Or, even our own Alizee. Who would have thought she would be this popular in Mexico? Just like an old saying goes: One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Finally, I wouldn't mind Alizee to be associated with her:

Last edited by Jake04; 07-26-2010 at 01:11 AM..
Old 07-26-2010, 01:26 PM

clique is on a distinguished road

Whatever, I'm done arguing with you. You obviously know more about Eurovision than me. Have you even watched the show? Everyone that is from Europe in this thread seem to be opposed to the idea of Alizée participating. Perhaps you should take the hint.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:42 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clique View Post
Whatever, I'm done arguing with you. You obviously know more about Eurovision than me. Have you even watched the show? Everyone that is from Europe in this thread seem to be opposed to the idea of Alizée participating. Perhaps you should take the hint.

Look. We are on the same fight here. We all want the best for her. We all want her to succeed, to continue making beautiful music, to have a long career so we can enjoy her for many, many years to come. We just couldn't agree on how best to do that. But, rather than tear each other down, I suggest we should be more constructive in our criticism. Throw your own idea in here, debate the idea with facts, instead of just mocking everyone else's. That's all. Peace.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:23 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

So I've been kind of reading through this thread.. but I still haven't figured out why people in Europe see Eurovision as a joke.

If it's a show or an event, I can't see any harm in Alizée performing. Publicity, for a public figure, is usually a good thing, right? But then again, I don't have the slighest clue as to what this Eurovision thingy is. Can somebody accurately fill me in?

Old 07-28-2010, 11:28 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
So I've been kind of reading through this thread.. but I still haven't figured out why people in Europe see Eurovision as a joke.

If it's a show or an event, I can't see any harm in Alizée performing. Publicity, for a public figure, is usually a good thing, right? But then again, I don't have the slighest clue as to what this Eurovision thingy is. Can somebody accurately fill me in?
It's mostly people here in America that think it as a joke. Kinda like the way we think of soccer. Although we know it is the most popular sport in the world. More people watch the World Cup than Superbowl. Same thing with Eurovision. More people watch it than American Idol. It is the most watched TV show in Europe. It's been around since 1956 - that's 54 years! I don't think it would last that long if it were a joke.
Just like what I've been trying to explain to others, because it consists of more than 40 countries, you would see different kinds of music - which some people think is a joke. But, it is just like people who listen to country music think hip hop or rap music is garbage and vice-versa. It is a matter of opinion, I guess.
But, for Alizee, it would be a tremendous opportunity to showcase her talent. All she needs is one good song. If she can win over even a small portion of the more than one hundred million people who watch the show around the world, it would more than revive her career, IMO.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

I still maintain that a true fan will remain true no matter what, I will not turncoat Alizée I am true to Zee for life. Clevelanders are those kind of fans. What other type of fans could we possibly be? Our best hope for a championship in Cleveland just flew south and not just for the winter either. Does that mean I will become a Miami Heat fan???? H******LL NO! Alizée win or lose Rob will always love.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Ultimate Alizée Fan

Alizée@Rügen is on a distinguished road

If Alizée came to the eurovision, it will be great. and if it's in Germany, (Berlin), then I drive to the eurovision song contest.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
It's mostly people here in America that think it as a joke. Kinda like the way we think of soccer. Although we know it is the most popular sport in the world. More people watch the World Cup than Superbowl. Same thing with Eurovision. More people watch it than American Idol. It is the most watched TV show in Europe. It's been around since 1956 - that's 54 years! I don't think it would last that long if it were a joke.
Just like what I've been trying to explain to others, because it consists of more than 40 countries, you would see different kinds of music - which some people think is a joke. But, it is just like people who listen to country music think hip hop or rap music is garbage and vice-versa. It is a matter of opinion, I guess.
But, for Alizee, it would be a tremendous opportunity to showcase her talent. All she needs is one good song. If she can win over even a small portion of the more than one hundred million people who watch the show around the world, it would more than revive her career, IMO.

So here we go. I fail to see why Alizée appearing on Eurovision is in any way, harmful to her career.

Sounds like a very long going traditional show with a large audience. I don't see any harm in her participating in this.

If anything, it looks like a great platform to launch her new style of music into the media.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:26 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
So here we go. I fail to see why Alizée appearing on Eurovision is in any way, harmful to her career.

Sounds like a very long going traditional show with a large audience. I don't see any harm in her participating in this.

If anything, it looks like a great platform to launch her new style of music into the media.
That's exactly my point. Like I said, maybe she didn't participate before because she had more to lose if she were to lose in the competition. But, at this stage of her career, which we all know is in a decline, it's a win-win situation for her. That's the best platform for her to re-acquaint with her old fans and capture some new fans as well. Even a tiny fraction of the total audience of Eurovision will be huge for her career. May be she could revive her career like Kylie Minogue.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:27 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

But don't most countries have a voting system to decide who represents them in Eurovision? I know in the UK we do (or at least have had recently). My point is that I'm not sure the French public would even have enough faith in her to vote for her to represent them.