Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-18-2007, 01:18 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée's new musical influences?

(In analogy with the "new hairstyle" thread, perhaps...)

So, one consequence of this whole MySpace fallout is that it kind of called attention to the musical profiles of her collaborators and musical comrades (e.g., Jean Fauque, Sylvain Carpentier, etc.) and I'm curious what people think about their musical tastes. Jean's stuff seemed pleasant but mostly soft ballads...? I don't know much about his work. Sylvain's tastes seemed pretty eclectic (I was impressed by his appreciation of Balkan music and qawwali singing, as well as his liking Philip K. Dick). What do you all think?

Hopefully such analyses are on-topic and not creepy-sounding.

I'll confess I'm kind of partial to electronic music (trance, synth-pop, orchestrally influenced stuff...um, like Laurent B ) so I guess we'll just have to see how this all shakes out.

PS It's good that the events of this week did not apparently scare "A." off MySpace entirely.

Last edited by fsquared; 08-18-2007 at 01:28 AM..
Old 08-18-2007, 04:33 PM
The Presence

chrelion is on a distinguished road

What's this MySpace business?
Old 08-18-2007, 11:51 PM
---

theit77 is on a distinguished road

f^2,

I agree, I think Laurant B worked some musical genious in some of his songs for Alizée, the music really is phenomenal in my opinion. I'm also somewhat into trance, and I think a slight influence of that on Alizée's music would be good, but not too much. As said by others in another thread, I'm ok with Alizée changing, but I don't want her to lose her radiant, infectiously-happy disposition.
Elle a cette drôle de voix, Elle a cette drôle de joie ----- She has this curious voice, She has this curious joy
____..___ Ce don du ciel qui la rend belle ----- This gift from the sky that makes her pretty.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:28 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theit77 View Post
I'm ok with Alizée changing, but I don't want her to lose her radiant, infectiously-happy disposition.
I think she most certainly will, at least some of the time for the new album. Some of the rumors (emphasize 'rumors') have insinuated that the new album will be a somewhat ecclectic mix of different styles. I hope that this is indeed the case as it will be able to showcase Alizée's range in style (as long as it stays within reasonable bounds so as to still tie together as a package so as not to confuse the new album's "statement"). So I hope and expect to see some pieces in the album in which we see a completely different emotional palette with which Alizée uses musically and artistically. At the same time I too want to see the radiant, life-loving, free-spirit side of Alizée... which I hope/expect to see in other pieces of the album. That's the nice thing about an album, as oposed to a single song; you can (and should, within the limits of teh statement the artists wishes to make) is present several styles and "looks."

I think it's gonna be great.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:40 AM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

What is trance music?
Old 08-19-2007, 12:44 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
What is trance music?
Noone knows... 'cause when they come out they can't remember a thing.

Sorry Actually I don't know. I've heard the term tossed arounf before but never really looked in to it.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:53 AM

riva2model64 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
What is trance music?
only my most favorite genre of music!!

wiki

moodbook

it's a pretty broad term that covers a lot of music (ambient, mainstream, dance, hard, and other stuff), but I like uplifting trance in particular. think artists like Scooter, Kate Ryan, DJ Sammy, ATB's newer stuff, DJ Tiesto, Gigi D'agostino, etc. .
Old 08-19-2007, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva2model64 View Post
only my most favorite genre of music!!

wiki

moodbook

it's a pretty broad term that covers a lot of music (ambient, mainstream, dance, hard, and other stuff), but I like uplifting trance in particular. think artists like Scooter, Kate Ryan, DJ Sammy, ATB's newer stuff, DJ Tiesto, Gigi D'agostino, etc. .
Of course, Kate Ryan famously covered Mylene F.'s Desenchantee and Libertine. (Sorry, lazy with the accents.) Actually it's been kind of a trend lately to rip off old 80's hits with a trance cover.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:21 AM

riva2model64 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Actually it's been kind of a trend lately to rip off old 80's hits with a trance cover.
yeah, it has, and I don't appreciate that. have u listened to Sylver's Lay All Your Love on Me? It's a cover of an ABBA song that turned into a big hit. It's a nice cover, but they're not really exercising their creative talent by redoing old hits.

regardless, I enjoyed Kate Ryan's Désenchantée.
Kate Ryan's original song, Scream for More, is quite a nice trance song.

Last edited by riva2model64; 08-19-2007 at 01:25 AM..
Old 08-19-2007, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva2model64 View Post
yeah, it has, and I don't appreciate that. have u listened to Sylver's Lay All Your Love on Me? It's a cover of an ABBA song that turned into a big hit. It's a nice cover, but they're not really exercising their creative talent by redoing old hits.

regardless, I enjoyed Kate Ryan's Désenchantée.
Kate Ryan's original song, Scream for More, is quite a nice trance song.
Trance denigrators would ask the inevitable "what creative talent?" question at this juncture .
Yeah, that ABBA rip was a hit last summer, right? Although I confess I really liked Milk Inc's cover of a-ha's The Sun Always Shines on TV. Sorry, I know we're drifting off-topic, but at least it's my topic we're drifting off of . I confess I don't think I've listened to that song since I discovered Alizée in May though.