Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 01-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Maybe we should kick off a forum section titled 'Apprendre l'anglais', and see if she bites?
We could do that with general lessons. She has never posted to a fan site as herself, though, and to do it in disguise might be a bit too much of a giveaway. Still, there's nothing to stop her from browsing.

Actually, I doubt that her limited English is the reason why she doesn't try to break into the U.S. market. Her Spanish is no better, but she went to Mexico. She has almost no Russian at all, but she went to Moscow. She's been to Italy and Germany, but she doesn't know Italian or German except a few words. She went to Japan, and AFAIK she knows no Japanese.

There is probably another reason, and the best suggestion I have seen is that she wants to preserve the U.S. as a place she can come and visit and have fun without being deluged by huge numbers of fans, papparazzi, etc. Success here would be enormously lucrative, but perhaps not worth that price.

But mastering a foreign language is worthwhile for its own sake. I see nothing wrong with people whose command of English is excellent offering to help her out, as a friendly gesture.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-03-2009, 08:15 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Didn´t know where to post this, but anyways, a mod on Alizee-Mexico said that he watched the video of 50/60 on VH1, I dunno if that VH1 is the special one for Mexico or if it was the same VH1 that is transmited on the US, but these are good news
Finally a vid of her is played on VH1
Old 01-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
She has never posted to a fan site as herself, though, and to do it in disguise might be a bit too much of a giveaway.
Let me modify that. She probably wouldn't give herself away if she posted in English. I doubt any of us would recognize the style. If she posted too much in French, though, it's possible that she would write the same way she talks in interviews.

Be that as it may -- I think that a section for learning or improving English would be a great idea, and not just for Her Grace's benefit. There are many members who don't speak English as a first language.

I would be happy to contribute to such a section if some moderator wants to create it. Anyone else agree?

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Let me modify that. She probably wouldn't give herself away if she posted in English. I doubt any of us would recognize the style.
Yeah, I was gonna say...I was wondering about that when I read your post initially. If Alizée identified herself as, say, Jojobell from Botswana, I doubt anyone would see through the fiction (or even suspect there was one to begin with). Even if she did reveal an obsessive love for Tinkerbell, or started posting detailed synopses of Sailor Moon episodes, most of us would just think "Awwww, just like her idol Alizée, how sweet!" and leave it at that.

Quote:
If she posted too much in French, though, it's possible that she would write the same way she talks in interviews.
Possible, but almost as unlikely. Very few of us have the linguistic ability to notice subtle similarities--it's all just French to most of us. (And I tend to trust the discretion of those who might, anyway--I've always been very proud of how many good eggs there are, here. Lili seems to bring out the 'white knight' in most of us, anyway.)

Quote:
Be that as it may -- I think that a section for learning or improving English would be a great idea, and not just for Her Grace's benefit. There are many members who don't speak English as a first language.

I would be happy to contribute to such a section if some moderator wants to create it. Anyone else agree?
Sure, I'd be down with that, if there's a genuine interest in it.

Last edited by Ruroshen; 01-03-2009 at 11:07 PM..
Old 01-04-2009, 12:57 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
She probably wouldn't give herself away if she posted in English. I doubt any of us would recognize the style. If she posted too much in French, though, it's possible that she would write the same way she talks in interviews.
You know, sometimes I wonder what's dvtq's real identity... ¬¬. An 8 years old boy posting so frequently (well he used to), and his posts didn't reflect his age... lol Im just kidding I guess . Matrix had that doubt too, and he couldn't figure out
Now, you have read the VIP messenger conversation, right? If it was Alizee who was chatting with all those guys, she didn't sound/write like she uses to talk in the interviews.

Quote:
Hmm, that's a good idea. There are plenty of guys here who don't speak english at all. I know it would not be just for Alizee's benefit, but if she doesn't even visit the french forums so frequently, (that's what I guess since she hasn't even noticed the message posted by Julien) I think she will barely try to learn french in an American forum . But it would be a good help for many of us though .
Old 01-04-2009, 07:50 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool Wish It Were True

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
Didn´t know where to post this, but anyways, a mod on Alizee-Mexico said that he watched the video of 50/60 on VH1, I dunno if that VH1 is the special one for Mexico or if it was the same VH1 that is transmited on the US, but these are good news
Finally a vid of her is played on VH1
I can't imagine that being the case Edgar, but I guess anything is possible. When we were in Mexico for the concert tour, Alizee was on MTV. I don't recall the other music channels, but it was very apparent that the channels we watched were not the same MTV-like channels as the US. Something to stay vigilent about on this side of the border though...

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:26 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, she's only 24, so there's still time. I'd personally be happy to help. (That's a serious offer.)
Hey, I'd take a job from Alizée. It's not like I have a whole going on over here at the moment! And I do still think about moving to France to learn French. Ah, who knows? Maybe someday.

Wow, it's gotten pretty thick in this thread.

I'll just say, as has been said before, even if Alizée came on this forum swearing it was her, without some more incontrovertable proof probably not many would admit to believing it. I don't think she has anything to fear of being recognized if she didn't want to.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-16-2009, 02:35 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

joining this thread late.. but what are the chances that she'll have a concert at, say, Chicago?

I can't imagine what it'll be like to walk around downtown and know that Alizee had walked those very streets..

I mean, it is a major city, nothing like New York, but still a major tourist city. And much closer to me than New York!

Old 05-17-2009, 12:19 PM
M'alizee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
joining this thread late.. but what are the chances that she'll have a concert at, say, Chicago?

I can't imagine what it'll be like to walk around downtown and know that Alizee had walked those very streets..

I mean, it is a major city, nothing like New York, but still a major tourist city. And much closer to me than New York!

^^ i know what you mean