Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 08-03-2012, 06:40 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Yep me too! Though in all honesty I don't think im too attracted to her anymore anyway knowing that it is a mess under there ruins it for me!
That happens to almost everyone. 3-4 years and it's natural to feel the loss of attraction no matter what the condition is. It happened with fans in past and it will continue to happen in future.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:23 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

i'm torn. she still is attractive, but... well, first off, she must let her skin lighten a bit. she looks so artificial. second, ugh... i hate myself for saying this, but... i mean, i can't say i'm against tattoos, because i'm not, but i'm against them for the wrong reason. idk whether or not she does have a good reason or not. it's nothing any of us know. but i still don't like the concept of the snow white with the gun. i can't say i'm not attracted to her any more, but... part of it is evaporating.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:52 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I'm disappointed and get concerned for her well being with her decision to continually add additional tattoos to her body but it hasn't changed my feelings for her. She is still the same Alizée I fell for in 2004, tattoos or no tattoos.

If you're not dating or married to her why would it matter?

If you had the chance to take her out for dinner and spend a few hours with her while visiting Corsica would the tattoos matter?

Come on there isn't one of us on this board that wouldn't jump at the chance to spend a few hours one on one with tattooed Alizée.

Last edited by ALS; 08-03-2012 at 07:56 PM..
Old 08-03-2012, 08:12 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
I'm disappointed and get concerned for her well being with her decision to continually add additional tattoos to her body but it hasn't changed my feelings for her. She is still the same Alizée I fell for in 2004, tattoos or no tattoos.

If you're not dating or married to her why would it matter?

If you had the chance to take her out for dinner and spend a few hours with her while visiting Corsica would the tattoos matter?

Come on there isn't one of us on this board that wouldn't jump at the chance to spend a few hours one on one with tattooed Alizée.
well, i dont think she is the same as a person. she is still Alizee Jacotey. yep. no denying. But admit it, she has gone through some changes. she is a different person. and no, i am not married or dating her. nope. but, part of what initially attracted me to her, is something i have come recently to realize i love in women: elegant sophistication (the yin to my yang, so to speak). she was young, but she carried herself VERY well. she could be goofy too, and still look elegant. now she is giving into her more... free side. which is not bad. but it's a major change for her. i could love her easily like this, IF this was how i first knew her. but it's not. i love fun free lighthearted girls. i'm just not easily transitioning to seeing her like this. also, yes, absolutely, i would leap at that chance to sit and eat lunch with her for an hour. it would be amazing. but one thing alizee had that i loved was her personality. and now that is drastically changing. i will still love her in the end, but it will take some getting used to.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Written under the spell of being a new fan.....

I guess each of has our own things that drew us to Alizée. There is so much more to her to me than just attractiveness. For example, there is her music, different styles from different eras. There is the person inside her that we imagine to be there based on what we've seen and heard about her. Maybe it's my age and maybe it's my concern for the future I imagine she wants but I don't think she should be getting the large tattoos. But that's what I think and I also feel she can do whatever she wants. I don't really know anything about her, how could I? How much of what we see of her is genuine and how much is a role she plays? How much of ourselves that we show to the world each and everyday is 100% accurate and how much is a projected image? I realize a few folks on the forum and on other forums have actually been in her presence to varying degrees and may have better insight than I do.

Lost the next thought.... Oh, yeah. But the great thing about having a fan forum is being able to put out our own theories and ideas and concerns to one another and getting other points of view and then reevaluating our conclusions. I get so much to think about from reading the things everyone posts. Some stuff I might think is so far out there, and other ideas I might adopt for myself. It's one way I sustain the Alizée magic, or at least try to.

My point(s)? None really. Just wanted to write about this.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:10 AM

vivealizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Though in all honesty I don't think im too attracted to her anymore anyway knowing that it is a mess under there ruins it for me!
When she was the most attractive, the gourmandises-MCE era, I think she wasn't the person she was playing. After MF she started to be like she really is, that's really good for her, but it disillusioned many fans for sure.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:12 AM

Panther is on a distinguished road

I have to say that it really saddens me to see all the negativity directed at Alizee, both here and in other forums recently. I do understand some people’s dislike of tattoos generally and I also understand the historic negative connotations associated with people who have tattoos.

However, I think we should cut her some slack considering everything she has been going through, particularly since the break-down of her marriage. Of course, I am only speculating but I can see a clear train of thought / motivation linking her general behaviour recently with the two new big tattoos (Sailor Moon & the gun-toting Snow White) and the new song.

Let’s start with the new song. It is all about the complete break-down of a relationship. The original song in English was called “Never again” and the lyrics talk about a marriage in which the husband is unfaithful and the wife forgives him but says “never again”. In the re-written French version there is no forgiveness, the relationship is over.

Let’s now think about the antithetical Snow White. Snow White is traditionally portrayed as beautiful, sweet, innocent, kind, even a bit naive. All these are qualities that most fans would attribute to Alizee in her early career and she would be well aware of that. So why the gun? Perhaps Snow White got wise? Perhaps, following a traumatic event, such as the break-down of a loving relationship, perhaps Snow White is now saying ‘Never Again! I maybe kind and gentle etc but don’t take advantage of me or there will be hell to pay?’

Why tattoos to express all this? Well, we have known that she likes tattoos for a long time. Tinkerbell was a big clue there. But I think she uses tattoos as a kind of security blanket. I think she has always felt quite vulnerable and has used the tattoos as a sort of protective shield. My guess is that she has felt particularly vulnerable over the past 12 months or so and she is fighting to keep her head above water.

If I am anywhere near right about any of this then her ability to perform the divorce sketch in this year’s Les Enfoires must have taken an amazing amount of strength and courage. We should applaud her for that.

Her recent bout of conspicuous consumption seems to me to be a perfectly normal “retail therapy” response to the break-down of a relationship. All the photographs of her with her pets suggest to me that she is still hurting and feeling lonely. As someone else pointed out, the permanent message on her Webstagram “Fairy tales are made to be defeated” gives us a clue as to how she’s feeling about life right now doesn’t it?

I’m in it for the long-haul. I think she needs us to offer her our support rather than criticise her right now.

Just sayin...
Old 08-04-2012, 07:32 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

^^ well said. I'm in it for the long haul too! and I am sick and tired of all of the negativity about Alizée. Especially when it is coming from the mods... Everyone needs to quit whining like babies and clean their act up or leave and go join some anti-zée forum or something. We don't need that negative crap here!

Old 08-04-2012, 08:14 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It's not directly the tatoos that bothers a lot of us, it's the destruction of her beauty that they are causing.

As far as being brave during the divorce sketch she seemed to have a very good time and I think she really enjoyed being arm in arm with MP.

If she's taking a lot of heat now, well she's the one to blame for it for misleading us into believing she was something she wasn't.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:30 AM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It's not directly the tatoos that bothers a lot of us, it's the destruction of her beauty that they are causing.
This this this and this
What makes me butt hurt over the tattoos is that she isn't losing any of her beauty anytime soon nor she is less attractive ( hell she looks better than ever right now ) so why get these tats