Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 08-04-2012, 08:43 AM

skungpoomery is on a distinguished road

As a long-term Alizée fan (worshipper) but only recent member and occasional poster, I say thank you and well done to Panther for a considered, articulate and compassionate analysis which I feel sure gets close to the truth.

They say women love to be loved, can tolerate being hated but cannot stand to be ignored and I think there’s a lot of truth, and relevance, in that too.

Unconditionality is something we’re all supposed to have if our appreciation is to be considered genuine but how many of us as mere, frail humans can really live up to that? We fall for an image and what we imagine we know of someone but when inevitably it all seems to change we struggle and question our own loyalty and commitment. We look up to someone yet feel protective towards them at the same time and find it hard to reconcile those two things.

In the end, perhaps the point is we care enough to care – we are not indifferent – so there is still positive energy where otherwise there would just be a void. I say keep the faith, just love her with an open heart as another soul, and whatever will be will be.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:44 AM

vivealizee is on a distinguished road

Well, not beeing blind, idealising follower of the Alizée religion where no doubts are allowed, isn't beeing Anti-zée..
Not that someone who really likes everything she does is blind, but some are this way and the opinion that Alizée isn't unfailing should be permitted as the opinion of some that she is a goddess who does nothing wrong ever.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:58 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Old 08-04-2012, 10:18 AM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

EDIT : never mind
Beautiful pic anyways

Last edited by melovelily; 08-04-2012 at 11:08 AM..
Old 08-04-2012, 10:24 AM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It's not directly the tatoos that bothers a lot of us, it's the destruction of her beauty that they are causing.

Well, for me, her beauty is so much more than skin deep.

As far as being brave during the divorce sketch she seemed to have a very good time and I think she really enjoyed being arm in arm with MP.

You wouldn't ascribe her apparent enjoyment during those performances to professionalism then? You don't think it's possible that she was hurting underneath? As for associating with MP? why not? why wouldn't she want her self-esteem boosted by being seen hanging out with one of FRance's top male pin-ups?

If she's taking a lot of heat now, well she's the one to blame for it for misleading us into believing she was something she wasn't.
Wow! You think ML and the JEAM dance etc was all her idea? You don't think that maybe MF & LB stage-managed and tried to controll almost every aspect of this young woman's life in those years? and maybe that Alizee got sick and tired of it (being controlled) and that is why she flew the nest?

Last edited by Panther; 08-04-2012 at 10:26 AM..
Old 08-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Bring me the Trade Wind! =D

Uroboros is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Really cute
Old 08-04-2012, 11:38 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Wow! You think ML and the JEAM dance etc was all her idea? You don't think that maybe MF & LB stage-managed and tried to controll almost every aspect of this young woman's life in those years? and maybe that Alizee got sick and tired of it (being controlled) and that is why she flew the nest?
Very nice cliche.
No I would not ascribe it to professionalism on her part. I think she was hurting for years. I think she tried her utmost best to make a marriage that was falling apart work, but it was a one way street. It crushed her inside when her marriage failed. This woman would have done anything for this guy, but all he was interested in was the fact that she was the hottest young woman in Europe and once he messed up her career, he lost interest in her.
She is completely lacking in professionalism, but the thing she excells in is being a tremendously beautiful and wondeful woman. But she has no head for the business.

At my job, we often sit around for late running aircraft to come in. Typically on Saturday night, while waiting, we get to watch SNL. In the past few weeks, I've seen a young woman with a very unusual hair style, the next week, I saw a young black man who wore a red ball on his nose. I don't know if this is something he wears on a regular occassion or not. The next week I saw a young woman who had an unusual dance and singing style. It was obvious that there are a lot of good singers in the world and these singers were looking for something to set them apart from the rest of the herd, some gimmick.

Well Alizee had the best gimmick of all, her incredible natural beauty, and quite frankly she is too stupid to realize it. Is it because her tatoos mean more to her than her career? I have no idea.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-04-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Old 08-04-2012, 11:56 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

People in this forum telling us how we should think, what things can not be said or where we should go, just for expressing our own opinions...
I don't think so.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:25 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
She is completely lacking in professionalism, but the thing she excells in is being a tremendously beautiful and wondeful woman. But she has no head for the business.

Well Alizee had the best gimmick of all, her incredible natural beauty, and quite frankly she is too stupid to realize it. Is it because her tattoos mean more to her than her career? I have no idea.
Two other French singers that Alizée should be emulating are Jenifer Bartoli and Norwenn Leroy. If you see these two in any of the Les Enfoires you'll know what I mean when I talk about beautiful and talented women. Norwenn is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:28 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well Alizee had the best gimmick of all, her incredible natural beauty, and quite frankly she is too stupid to realize it. Is it because her tatoos mean more to her than her career? I have no idea.
You know I'm not entirely convinced that she wants to be a superstar / megastar (again) with all that that entails. Maybe she wants a better work / life balance??? Only she knows the answer to that one.

I think the tattoos do mean a lot to her and I suppose I'm very fortunate in that I don't see them as distracting from her natural beauty. Not yet anyway. You may well be right about her plans for the tattoo contest next year and we will just have to see how things pan out. As things stand for now I still find her as fascinating as I did when I first discovered her. I have never been a 'fan' of anyone in my life before but this young woman and her life story to date just captivated me. I can't really explain it. I still admire her enourmously and I still think she radiates an inner beauty.

Don't get me wrong, it's not unconditional, there are certain things that she could do that would make me walk away but these tattoos don't bother me at all.

You might be right about a gimmick but I think there's a lot more to it than that and so yes, I do worry about her, a bit. But I think she's strong and she will be ok. I hope so anyway.