Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion and no one is 100% right as no one is 100% wrong obviously.
However, a lot of you just see her through 'rose tinted' spectacles.
No artist, however much you like and admire them is beyond criticism.
She let everyone down for Paris and she again let everyone down with the promised 'special concert' 'eye to eye'.
Now shes 'messing' about again with the new album with vague release dates.
Yes, i'm frustrated. It's difficult not to be.
Predictions predictions.
Junkmale's on the spot, in my eyes that is.

Oh, and yes 5 or 6 concert dates isn't exactly a tour, rather an extended varied appearance.
The idea of it, if she likes touring (apparently), then what does she call a tour? In her opinion, what is a tour? Is it 2 days before going home and slacking off? Is it a trek across countries and/or regions to various amounts of dates.

For me, and for a number of people, touring is the hardest yet most doggedly wondrous and memorable part of any artist's career. The chance of another country that's not your own, the drives or the flights, the setting up of the stage each night, the audio checks, the crowd interaction, and usually a tour includes many dates, most of the time extending over ten.

Now you're all thinking very very optimistic and I love that, it's really cute.
However, don't ask for more than you're fed, expect the album first, cherish it, love it, hate it, spit on it, caress it, etc.
Then you make predictions if you THINK, a tour or a few concerts might follow.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:36 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Quote:
...No artist, however much you like and admire them is beyond criticism.
She let everyone down for Paris and she again let everyone down with the promised 'special concert' 'eye to eye'.
Many are frustrated. However, don't let the frustration skew your perspective.

I'll change the language a little. She loves to PERFORM. There is ample evidence of this. I don't know how big she is on touring (touring can be very wearing).

If she had sufficient audience to do 20 concerts in Paris, I have no doubt she would love the opportunity.

Personally (now I am speaking opinion), I think that having to cancel the concert in Paris - twice - was crushing to her. I believe she really, really wanted to perform in Paris.

As Ben said, we do not know what the delay is in releasing the new album. What I am hoping is that there are not doubts over whether the album will be strong enough to relaunch her. Instead, I am hoping that they are busily planning the launch, the early promotion and public appearances, and the tour that will follow, and, as part of the planning, they decided that waiting until after the Holiday season (for whatever reason - booking schedules, other events, etc.) was in the best interest of all.

Happy New Year!

Last edited by Rev; 12-01-2009 at 11:39 PM..
Old 12-02-2009, 12:16 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

it seems like everyone is getting a bit grouchy waiting for the new album...

it'll come out soon!
Old 12-02-2009, 12:47 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion and no one is 100% right as no one is 100% wrong obviously.
However, a lot of you just see her through 'rose tinted' spectacles.
No artist, however much you like and admire them is beyond criticism.
Yes, I have been incredibly frustrated, disappointed and even sort of angry at Alizée for how she handled things. I definitely am not wearing any rose colored glasses. But I felt the analysis was seriously flawed and yes, I still want to like Alizée and hear great new music from her. And I think she deserves at least respect from me if not adoration. I have fond memories of great times that she made possible. It's hard to seem respectful while talking about plans gone awry and execution of business concepts, but this is an Alizée fan forum after all; I try. I do wish we didn't have to talk about such things and could talk about planning for upcoming concerts. But I guess we get what we get.

She has tried to move on and create a new album and give it another shot. Give it another try whether it works out or not; that's what I asked in 2007 because I so wanted to see this amazing, adorable, sexy young woman in action. She gave me that and I thanked her in what way I could. Eventually, she does have to create something more to keep me and everyone else interested. If I'm no longer a fan, I should leave. If I don't, I can't blame her for that. I will always wish her well no matter what though. It only seems decent for me to say that. And after all, I think I do still want to hear her sing; so, I remain. I wait.

By the way... the special concert could be the one she put on. She tried to use very kiss kiss Lili language in that letter, but I could guess that she was told she would do a concert, but didn't even know which. As for the album release, yes, she said soon a long time ago, but other than that miscalculation (just like with the last album) no dates have been given and we should know better than to be too trusting of such things at this point.

@Fall06, yes, I guess Alizée was kind of grouchy when she arrived in Mexico City from Paris late in the evening and had to do her first show the next night, or like when they when from Guadalajara to Puebla in the morning and had a show that night. I don't know if I could do such a thing with any amount of relaxation time; so...

And final edit, yes that clearly is RMJ in Jung's sig. :P

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 12-02-2009 at 12:57 AM..
Old 12-02-2009, 04:00 AM

OndrejSc is on a distinguished road

As for the question whether or not she wants to tour, I'd say a resounding YES. That is what all artists are in the business for. Michael Jackson said he hates touring. But that was a special case of an artist way past his prime and in a desperate need of money which is, I think the only way, why he decided to tour against his own will and it brought him to his grave.

I do't thing Alizee is where Jackson was. Her mental state, from what I can judge is, while far from stable, not that frail. But let me tell you that I know far too well, from my own experience that kind of women. As for her promises, she genuinely likes her fans and enjoys performing for them, WHEN she likes. Any promises given to them are genuine at the time that they are given, but when the time comes to act on them, her momentary state of mind takes precedence. All we can do is hope that she'll find herself in a state when she wil again enjoy doing something for the fans. Chances for her to do so were and are aplenty and it is all up to her to take them.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:06 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OndrejSc View Post
But let me tell you that I know far too well, from my own experience that kind of women. As for her promises, she genuinely likes her fans and enjoys performing for them, WHEN she likes. Any promises given to them are genuine at the time that they are given, but when the time comes to act on them, her momentary state of mind takes precedence. All we can do is hope that she'll find herself in a state when she wil again enjoy doing something for the fans.
Truest thing said here in awhile, I believe.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:39 AM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Each person is (probably) partially right in his/her suppositions and opinions, Junk, Ben, Barett, Roman, Deep, and others...

The true is that we don't know the real reasons why the album wasn't relased yet, we can only suppose. Some of our imagined reasons are more likely to be those real ones and some of them could just look as a nonsense for some of us.

We are all flustered, nervous and excited at the same time; "frustrated" is a bit too strong word for me in current state. I will say that "I'm frustrated." in June if album still wouldn't be relased. We want it, because we are curious what Alizée will serve us. We want to hear her new music, new songs from new album.

@Junk
Are you still so fascinated with Ewa? Four days to her concert, maybe you are just too excited
Or, just savour now Virtualni and wait until new Alizée's album come out
Old 12-02-2009, 11:21 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Criss

Oh yes.
Fly to Prague (on an aeroplane, obviously on Friday morning for Ewa on Sunday night.
Pretty excited. About 8 on a scale of 1 to 10.

I do hope Alizee's new one will be out soon. Just wish she would stop 'faffing' about and get on with it!
Virtulani is fantastic. Dest is rapidly becoming my favourite Ewa song ever.

Last edited by Junkmale; 12-02-2009 at 11:25 AM..
Old 12-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OndrejSc View Post
As for the question whether or not she wants to tour, I'd say a resounding YES. That is what all artists are in the business for. Michael Jackson said he hates touring. But that was a special case of an artist way past his prime and in a desperate need of money which is, I think the only way, why he decided to tour against his own will and it brought him to his grave.

I do't thing Alizee is where Jackson was. Her mental state, from what I can judge is, while far from stable, not that frail.

Let me explain.
The thing with Mike was like this. He was in debt. But the man was and continues to be a money making machine. I wasn't saying MJ is in the same situation as Lilly, but rather I was showing you his take on touring, and that Lilly's may not be very different. I can show you the rest of that segment where he talks about touring, (it was edited by a fan) where he says exactly what Roman said in his latest post. Mike said he doesn't like to tour. Why? With the kinds of tours he does () , I think that's understandable don't you? For example, the BAD World Tour in the late 80s was a series of a mindblowing 123 concerts set between '87 and '89. If you saw any of his shows you could clearly tell he gave his all every night. But the show is the only good part in touring, in his case. In the rest of the interview, he spoke of having lots of energy left after the show, and obviously not being able to sleep because of the excitement. There were also sleeping problems (for the whole crew) because of the time changes between continents, and of course the uncontrolable masses of fans that gathered wherever he went. He could never ever enter his hotel through the lobby because it was jam packed with fans, all the security issues must have caused some great stress.

But that is only the bad side of touring. He absolutely LOVED being onstage. You can see it in any and every show. He drew energy from the audience, and he returned it ten fold, and it went back and forth. The clips shown are from him and his fans all over the world, and every time they said we love you Michael, he always replied, I love you more. And he really meant it. I think most if not all artists see it this way as well, including Lilly. But of course touring for MJ is not the same as touring for Lilly

Now I agree that MJ and Alizée aren't in the same situation. MJ was never in desperate need of money though, and that isn't the reason why he decided to do the O2 shows. He did it because his kids are now old enough to appreciate what he does, and he decided to give them the opportunity to see him doing what he loves to do. (Obviously he never needed to tour for his albums to sell ) Lilly probably tours to promote her album and connect with her fans, not because she loves it, or at least not in my opinion.

That was an incredibly long post. Did I go overboard?
Old 12-02-2009, 05:31 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Well, i understand people are frustrated due to the lack of news or dates or the appearance of a single so far. I am too from time to time.

But i try to remain calm. It's not the end of the world, the album will show up eventually.
As for the question of Alizée still willing to do live performances, i firmly believe so -> to a certain extent.
What i would love to see from her is doing the hard slog and giving many small performances, to build up her reputation again. She is a small to medium artist now, and can't expect to fill big concert halls without difficulty as she did in the MCE-period.

Is she willing to do this? I don't think so..she did not do this in france after the first cancellation of the paris concert...although it should have been clear at the time that filling big halls in france was out of the question.

So, i expect to see her performing live...but only to her conditions and expectations.
Let's hope the new album is successful enough to make it happen...we'll see.

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont