Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-13-2006, 03:00 PM

captainkidd78 is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee live

To all,
First time on the group. Saw a video of Alizee and lets say I was moved. I have not stopped playing guitar and writing music since! I was looking through some youtube.com videos and I believe most of them are lip-synch vids. How is she live for those who have seen her perform?

In regards to the new album, I know she is not working with the Farmer team - I am not familiar w/ her new "teams" work. Is it edgier or lighter? Any ideas/guesses on how the new songs will sound?

Also, what are the chances of an English release?

Thank you for your replies,

Jim
Old 07-13-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm not twenty

dvtq is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkidd78
To all,
First time on the group. Saw a video of Alizee and lets say I was moved. I have not stopped playing guitar and writing music since! I was looking through some youtube.com videos and I believe most of them are lip-synch vids. How is she live for those who have seen her perform?
find the answer here ( i remember brad answer it 1 time ) or go to http://www.alizee-forum.com/topic,99...ad-first-.html question 31 , the answer is very clear , do you think all of her fans are , she sang for 4 years and lypsynch all of that time

Quote:
In regards to the new album, I know she is not working with the Farmer team - I am not familiar w/ her new "teams" work. Is it edgier or lighter? Any ideas/guesses on how the new songs will sound?

Also, what are the chances of an English release?
we can have another choice , but dont talk about it, everything will be answer after 3rd albumn is release , you arent her . No informations now .

she doesnt interested with english , that is what i know .

Last edited by dvtq; 07-13-2006 at 04:09 PM..
Old 07-13-2006, 04:11 PM
cybersoil

Thumbs up

Quote:
To all,

First time on the group. Saw a video of Alizee and lets say I was moved.

Jim

Yeah... the first time I saw Alizee certain parts of me were movin' too. He, he. A very familiar story... J'en ai Marre, anyone?

No one really knows about Alizee's upcoming album, just a lot of speculation on the entire Internet. Thanks to a posting by "Snatcher42" I've read that Alizee is supposed to have a new single out in September followed by the new album sometime at the end of the year.

Alizee sings live in her concert DVD and a few other videos. She sings magnificantly live in her concert, so much so that I prefer the live versions of some of her songs instead to the retail release versions.

Lipsynching is just the way that most people do it in Europe and here in the US when the singer is moving around, especially when they're dancing. Madonna and Janet Jackson both said that you can have great live singing or a great show (dancing and performing) but you can't have both. That's because the human body would be panting through most of the songs. Today, fans demand a physical show from top performers (dancing and moving around a lot) and that would leave you out of breath. Just check out a show from Madonna, Janet Jackson, or Britney Spears. Again, that's just the way the human body works. But Alizee has taken special voice classes to help her with the dancing and singing together part. And she does about as good as anyone could do it.

-Cybersoil

Last edited by cybersoil; 07-13-2006 at 04:24 PM..
Old 07-13-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm not twenty

dvtq is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersoil
Lipsynching is just the way that most people do it in Europe and here in the US when the singer is moving around, especially when they're dancing. Madonna and Janet Jackson both said that you can have great live singing or a great show (dancing and performing) but you can't have both. That's because the human body would be panting through most of the songs. Today, fans demand a physical show from top performers (dancing and moving around a lot) and that would leave you out of breath. Just check out a show from Madonna, Janet Jackson, or Britney Spears. Again, that's just the way the human body works. But Alizee has taken special voice classes to help her with the dancing and singing together part. And she does about as good as anyone could do it.
LOL , explain alot ,everybody know that
answer : i saw gourmandises first ( lucky for me ) and i kissed the LCD
Old 07-13-2006, 04:45 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

here are some live performances ... (There are more, look for all the concert vids in the video section here.)

moi... lolita - http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=23

Amélie m'a dit - http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=40

L'Alizé - http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=36

A Contre Courant - http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=18

Parler tout bas - http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=20
Old 07-13-2006, 05:42 PM

Sebastien is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersoil

Alizee sings live in her concert DVD and a few other videos. She sings magnificantly live in her concert, so much so that I prefer the live versions of some of her songs instead to the retail release versions.
-Cybersoil
I personally like Toc de Mac's live version than the release too.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:57 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

I got her DVD Alizee en Concert and all those songs were performed LIVE... and you could tell.. toward the end of the DVD her voice was getting tired and weak.

Many songs on that video show her voice trailing off or getting tired and weak.. her voice just isnt that strong.. she doesnt have strong vocal cords like say a Christina Aguilera

Alizee has more soft and petite vocal cords, look at her body, she is so small. She is not gonna blast out vocals powerfully.

Still, the best, sweetest voice i ever heard from a female. Olivia Newton John comes in second.

As far as lip synching goes.. i understand they do that alot in Europe, more than what you would hear in USA because of the milly vanilli scandal.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm awesome, u know it

Spartan500 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
As far as lip synching goes.. i understand they do that alot in Europe, more than what you would hear in USA because of the milly vanilli scandal.
Thats funny milli vanilli lol
Old 07-16-2006, 01:00 AM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Girl you know its true! lol
Old 11-02-2010, 12:22 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well we all have differences in which albums of hers we like and what songs we think are better than others. As far as En Concert, ML and JAM didn't sound that good live, in my opinion, though I still love watching those performances, but I thought her voice was absolutely beautiful in L'Alize, Hey Amigo, Toc de mac, L'email a des ailes, Lou ou Toi, Amelie m'a dit and a couple of others and I think people here know me well enough to realize that if I didn't think of them in that way, I wouldn't hesitate to say so.