Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-13-2008, 03:59 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

You know, Jérémy hasn't logged on in a while either. It could purely be coincidence, but it leads me to believe they are busy working on something together. One can only hope.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
You know, Jérémy hasn't logged on in a while either. It could purely be coincidence, but it leads me to believe they are busy working on something together. One can only hope.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:40 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
working on a baby. 24/7
Old 12-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
One would have to assume some of these people still make comments. I quit making comments there a long time ago because she appears to not be interested.
Hmm. We could be dealing with a vicious circle, here--she stops logging in on a regular basis for awhile, so fans stop visiting and commenting, so she sees no reason to log in on a regular basis...

Quote:
Why doesn't she say something, like in a bulletin? Why make fans agonize through these long silences? Or does she think that her fans have no feelings? I actually think that maybe she’s not communicating in order to make a point.
I've wondered the same thing, actually...but the problem is, if she's silent, how on earth are we supposed to divine what point she's trying to make? I dunno...

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
working on a baby. 24/7
Um, ouch? Not to frighten some of our younger members, but as fun as it might sound, even that gets old after awhile.

(Cue a flurry of "Not with Alizée!" posts in 3...2..1...)
Old 12-13-2008, 05:16 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
OK, so I appreciate that I'm beating a fairly dead horse, here, but here we go again: we had a login yesterday, for the first time in weeks aaaaannnd...still no new comments were approved.

I don't get it. Have her fans given up on her? Has she given up on her fans? Is the intern they've hired to look after it on strike? Is Annily maintaining it, and holding out for a later bedtime?

One is left to wonder...
Yeah, the comments go until the 9th of November, but one must go pages in on the view all to even see that. So, people just visiting her page won't even see that. She needs to either approve them in order (which maybe myspace makes difficult) or maybe just turn back on the open comments thing. One thing is for sure, Alizée either can not or does not want to maintain that stuff by herself. It's like once again we are fans of something that used to be, a woman who has herself long since moved on.

I don't think she's trying to make a point. Before her return I did ask why she does not update people on what she's doing rather than just letting rumors tell it, like when it was said that she was working at a particular studio. But I also remember that later she said she checked on the web sometimes and saw the great interest there was and it helped encourage her to continue. I think she just has a lot of difficulty doing this job. So, she must treat it like the whole thing is kind of a game. It's part of her career and such, but she has another life and only did it because it seemed necessary to give a shot at being a big success again. I think she feels that if she takes any of this too seriously she can be hurt like we were and she doesn't want to do that to herself. I hope that means she's happy at least. Unfortunately it seems this is all too much for her. Sometimes she comes off as strong and independent. She's done a good job of presenting herself in most interviews and such, but like all people she has weaknesses. So, wish her good thoughts and hope she still cares to create more music.

Merci Fanny
Old 12-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, saying that Alizée is making a point is probably a poor choice of words on my part. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Alizée defines her relationship with her fans, not the other way around. So any appeals to her to change this are probably futile.

I think during the MF/LB years, Mylene protected Alizée and probably told her to keep a certain distance between her and her fans. I thought maybe this was changing with her return.

She met with core French fans to give them a preview of her new album. She got on myspace and said she was managing it herself and sent out a bulletin to fans. She logged on regularly and was obviously paying attention to the fans because she recognized Cooney at the autograph signing from his comment on her myspace. Jérémy and Alizée set up Psychédéclips.com and encouraged fans to share ideas. There are other examples as well.

I thought all this was indicating more of a willingness to engage with her fans. But as soon as she started hitting some bumps in the road, the walls seemed to come back up. Maybe the walls were always up to begin with, and I just misread the situation. Either way, we don't have any control over the situation and we will just have to wait and see.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I thought all this was indicating more of a willingness to engage with her fans. But as soon as she started hitting some bumps in the road, the walls seemed to come back up.
As I've said before, I believe that to be an accident of timing, a coincidence, and not causation. I believe the current silence is caused not by "bumps in the road" (i.e. a lower level of success in France than she had in the old days), but by something in her private life occurring simultaneously. For some reason, she has chosen to withdraw from the public almost entirely at this time, and for some reason she has also chosen not to explain why.

She has always been very private about her private life, so the most obvious conclusion is that the reason is something connected with that, which is none of our business. She can't explain why she's gone without revealing things that she chooses not to reveal.

Quote:
[W]e don't have any control over the situation and we will just have to wait and see.
Agreed. It's already been pointed out to her that the silence is hurting her career. She chooses to maintain it nonetheless. It's her career, her choice. Whatever is going on, we must leave her to work it out. Eventually, one way or another, she'll be back. She's an artist -- she has no choice about that.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 12-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
As I've said before, I believe that to be an accident of timing, a coincidence, and not causation. I believe the current silence is caused not by "bumps in the road" (i.e. a lower level of success in France than she had in the old days), but by something in her private life occurring simultaneously. For some reason, she has chosen to withdraw from the public almost entirely at this time, and for some reason she has also chosen not to explain why.

She has always been very private about her private life, so the most obvious conclusion is that the reason is something connected with that, which is none of our business. She can't explain why she's gone without revealing things that she chooses not to reveal.

Agreed. It's already been pointed out to her that the silence is hurting her career. She chooses to maintain it nonetheless. It's her career, her choice. Whatever is going on, we must leave her to work it out. Eventually, one way or another, she'll be back. She's an artist -- she has no choice about that.
tell me!!!....WHY does she have to explain ANYTHING to us! What she does in her private live, WE DO NOT HAVE TO KNOW ABOUT!...and again, DEEP, wtf is ur obsession with thinking that something is wrong with her private life? Your like a freaking TMZ reporter trying to dig up any dirt about Alizee...and knowing that its NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS still fuels you. You keep going back and forth in your logic. She owes us Nothing!! If she chooses to let us into her private life, then so be it. Until then, respect her privacy.

And really, her silence is hurting her career more than its "HURTING" certain fans who, for some reason, think alizee owns it to us to let know what she's doing bascially 24/7!... Don't you think everyone deserves some DOWNTIME in their lives? Did you all forget that she does also have a family of her own to care for? Did you also know that there's a thing called taking a vacation during the holidays to be with family and friends?
Old 12-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
tell me!!!....WHY does she have to explain ANYTHING to us! What she does in her private live, WE DO NOT HAVE TO KNOW ABOUT!...and again, DEEP, wtf is ur obsession with thinking that something is wrong with her private life? Your like a freaking TMZ reporter trying to dig up any dirt about Alizee...and knowing that its NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS still fuels you. You keep going back and forth in your logic. She owes us Nothing!! If she chooses to let us into her private life, then so be it. Until then, respect her privacy.

And really, her silence is hurting her career more than its "HURTING" certain fans who, for some reason, think alizee owns it to us to let know what she's doing bascially 24/7!... Don't you think everyone deserves some DOWNTIME in their lives? Did you all forget that she does also have a family of her own to care for? Did you also know that there's a thing called taking a vacation during the holidays to be with family and friends?
Where did he say he wanted to know about her private life?
Old 12-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post

She doesn't, but people above have their own opinions on things that is plausible and is not, and thus they should be entitled to discuss what they think This doesn't necessarily mean that it's true of course.
The thing about Alizée is that she's a celebrity, and she has to open up silence sometime to give a shout-out or a hello, which she must do, lest she would risk her whole career. Now this isn't necessarily hard, its about 4 minutes by logging on myspace, posting a bulletin saying whatever the hell she wants to say.

Now, if she can't do that, then i'm pretty sure something is going on in her private life as well. What it is, I will not ask, but I am pretty sure her "management" is not behind 100% of her silence. Speculation is nothing harmed unless you force that thought to happen...