Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-30-2013, 07:09 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
And I have no doubt many of you would help him if needed, but a few should not have to buy multiple CDs.
Just reminding people of the sacrifice and work Scruffydog make.
It would restore some of my faith in humanity if each one who wanted their name on the list paid for the CD, signed or not.
Back in 2010, when FandeAlifee was trying to arrange autograph session for AAm he had suggested this idea of some members providing insurance in case something goes wrong.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:09 PM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road

i know the ideal situation is to have her sign the CD's and then for Scruffy to bring them home, but a worse case situation of something or nothing, what about the offer mentioned before where she signs them and Sony sends then here. Worse case I would recommend to chance that if the signing does not go off on as planned before Thursday. Just my two cents on the matter. I would really love to have that autographed CD, and Scruff is doing a fabulous job in trying to get that done.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:12 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
There's another possibility . Since RMJ is also attending the autograph session on Monday in Poitiers (about 300 km south of paris) , Scruffy could ask him to bring the cds there ask to get as many signed as possible , there will probably be a lot less people than in paris... I suspect she'll have way more time to spend with each individual fan.

I didn't even know it was possible for a pilot like you to do that, what airline do you work for? Because I don't think air france pilots are allowed to do so
I work as an aircraft mechanic. I have a single engine pilots license but I seldom fly. Not as a pilot anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
No WiFi access in your hotel? That sounds hard to believe in paris... Oo
There's good wifi here. The problem I have is when I type out a long message, usually there will be a few mistakes, but when I enlarge the screen, when I try to cursor back to where I want to go, it wont let me go there. It may be a word off or a line off and theres no arrows to move up down left and right. Its vrry time consuming, maddening, and frustrating.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Hey Scruff, I didn't know you had a pilot's license. I do too, single engine, land and VFR only. But I haven't flown in quite some time.

Back on topic - Anyways, I just want to let you know that I'm willing to cover a number of CD's if you get stuck. If the need arises, just let me know. And thanks again for all you do for us.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:44 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Oh, so lefty as well! I fly VFR and IFR with instructor on single engine with my parent's Robin DR-400 Régent. The flight hour has gotten expensive so I only fly once or twice a month with my friends... :/

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 03-30-2013, 09:36 PM

Lupegoulash is on a distinguished road

I, too, Will gladly purchase extra cd's, autograph or no. Seems like a very interesting adventure in Paris. I do feel left out, as i cannot pilot a plane. Lol
Old 03-30-2013, 10:20 PM

dvd8869 is on a distinguished road

I agree with you DannyMac. Its taking a chance that we never see them again. But, I would rather take the chance that Sony gets them signed and forwards them on to us, than to never get it signed at all... Even if it takes another month or so to get her sat down long enough to do it. Once they leave Paris, thats it, end of story. I trust Scruffy to use his judgement on this... If he feels they will stick to thier word then leave them there.. I, for one, will not let him get stuck with the bill on this. I would take on some of the cost of the cds, even if they never show up. Who else feels this way???
Old 03-30-2013, 11:57 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd8869 View Post
I agree with you DannyMac. Its taking a chance that we never see them again. But, I would rather take the chance that Sony gets them signed and forwards them on to us, than to never get it signed at all... Even if it takes another month or so to get her sat down long enough to do it. Once they leave Paris, thats it, end of story. I trust Scruffy to use his judgement on this... If he feels they will stick to thier word then leave them there.. I, for one, will not let him get stuck with the bill on this. I would take on some of the cost of the cds, even if they never show up. Who else feels this way???
I am on board as well.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:21 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I just want to let you know that I'm willing to cover a number of CD's if you get stuck. If the need arises, just let me know. And thanks again for all you do for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupegoulash View Post
I, too, Will gladly purchase extra cd's, autograph or no. Seems like a very interesting adventure in Paris. I do feel left out, as i cannot pilot a plane. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd8869 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
I am on board as well.
Totally in agreement here, Keith and everyone! Just the stories that Dave, Jenny, Jake, Karin, et al have been sending back are well worth the price! So I'd still be "frappé-sans-chausettes" if we got the actual autographs, but right about now, I'd still be thrilled to pay a premium price for a plain CD, purchased in Paris by our good friend Scruffydog. In fact, if Scruffy signs it himself, I'll pay $10 more!

And if (worst case scenario) we get no CDs at all, I don't even care, just tell us where to send the paypal funds, David! Truly, seriously, honestly.

[jeez, that almost reminds me -- Ben used to say "the server bill was due"! Dear mods: How we doing? Is it due yet?]
Old 03-31-2013, 01:29 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

[jeez, that almost reminds me -- Ben used to say "the server bill was due"! Dear mods: How we doing? Is it due yet?]
I think we are doing good on that front.