Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-17-2006, 11:23 PM

General Patton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibyPrime View Post
first of all.. If Mylene never existed the word/name Alizee would just be gibberish to you.

Second, how dare you insult your god's former friend/second mother/sister she never had?

She does have good music btw.. see L'amour n'est rien - its probably my favourite
Yea but who cares? She looks like some weirdo.... think god Alizee didn't turn into her....
GOD? That bitc* is not god.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:24 PM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibyPrime View Post
first of all.. If Mylene never existed the word/name Alizee would just be gibberish to you.

Second, how dare you insult your god's former friend/second mother/sister she never had?

She does have good music btw.. see L'amour n'est rien - its probably my favourite
Eh...I'm with Patton on this. It's perfectly fine to enjoy Alizée and not think highly of Mylene Farmer's own career. As for her relationship to Alizée's career, lots of people have criticized Alizée for trying too hard to be sexy (which is obviously Farmer's influence) and for singing songs that make no sense (which Farmer wrote).

Myself, I don't keep Laurent Boutonnat in very high regard; I still can't believe he used that old sample in the background of L'Alizé (I think it was a C+C Music Factory song...the "hey! ow!" you can hear right around 2:50). 1980s club music? Hello? I don't mind at all that someone else will be writing the music for Alizée's next album.

People have their tastes... Patton doesn't have to like Farmer because he likes Alizée. And let's be honest...most of us started liking Alizée because she's hot. She's got a nice voice too...which people probably noticed second. As for those of us who actually like her songs, well, that probably came a distant third.

Last edited by DJ_Greg; 09-19-2006 at 02:11 PM..
Old 09-17-2006, 11:24 PM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
Yea but who cares? She looks like some weirdo.... think god Alizee didn't turn into her....
GOD? That bitc* is not god.
Hiby was referring to Alizée.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Greg View Post
Eh...I'm with Patton on this. It's perfectly fine to enjoy Alizée and not think highly of Mylene Farmar's own career. As for her relationship to Alizée's career, lots of people have criticized Alizée for trying too hard to be sexy (which is obviously Farmar's influence) and for singing songs that make no sense (which Farmar wrote).

Myself, I don't keep Laurent Boutonnat in very high regard; I still can't believe he used that old sample in the background of L'Alizé (I think it was a C+C Music Factory song...the "hey! ow!" you can hear right around 2:50). 1980s club music? Hello? I don't mind at all that someone else will be writing the music for Alizée's next album.

People have their tastes... Patton doesn't have to like Farmar because he likes Alizée. And let's be honest...most of us started liking Alizée because she's hot. She's got a nice voice too...which people probably noticed second. As for those of us who actually like her songs, well, that probably came a distant third.
Exactly!
Old 09-17-2006, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Hiby was referring to Alizée.
He was??? Oh... I see now.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:33 AM

NANAKI is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Eh...I'm with Patton on this. It's perfectly fine to enjoy Alizée and not think highly of Mylene Farmar's own career. As for her relationship to Alizée's career, lots of people have criticized Alizée for trying too hard to be sexy (which is obviously Farmar's influence) and for singing songs that make no sense (which Farmar wrote).

People have their tastes... Patton doesn't have to like Farmar because he likes Alizée. And let's be honest...most of us started liking Alizée because she's hot. She's got a nice voice too...which people probably noticed second. As for those of us who actually like her songs, well, that probably came a distant third.
I'd have to agree with this one she doesn't sound as pleasant to the ear as Alizée she isn't good looking and I wouldn't even call her music pop.

Old 09-18-2006, 12:57 AM

Topaz is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post
Hello everybody,

does anyone know where I can download "Rêver" by Mylène Farmer, more specifically the video of the song sung during Les Enfoirés 2002?

thanks

-garçoncanadien
Bonjour

Mylene Farmer - Mylenium Tour - Rever.mpg

http://www.rapidfile.fr/wget.php?id=QGbxGs9x

Bonus Track Recorded live.

Mylene-Rever.mp3

http://www.rapidfile.fr/wget.php?id=yTU0wZAE

Enjoy!
Old 09-18-2006, 05:48 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

Bonjour Topaz et merci beaucoup,

but I was looking for a downloadable version of this:

http://www.dailymotion.com/tag/Alize...enfoires-rever

Does anybody know if such a thing is available?

Thanks everybody!
Old 09-18-2006, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NANAKI View Post
I'd have to agree with this one she doesn't sound as pleasant to the ear as Alizée she isn't good looking and I wouldn't even call her music pop.
Her voice is so high pitched, and annoying. Thanks Nanaki and greg for agreeing with me!
Old 09-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

I have never listened to her so I don't know about her voice, but come on you cannot go on saying bad about her, I wouldn't even if I did not like her.