Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-09-2006, 07:53 PM

zemasterzzz is on a distinguished road

At first it doesn't really matter. Like if someone learned english in a classroom without ever being exposed to the culture they're bound to sound odd. They'd either sound extremely really well mannered and excessively polite if they were an attentive learner well or they'll have poor grammer and a strange accent. Either way, to a native speaker, it would testify to your foreigness and unfililiartiy with the language. I think it's best just to learn the language and then speak it regularly with others . Eventually you'll pick up the terms and before that any mistakes you make will just be attributed to your familarity with the language.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:01 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NANAKI View Post
What is the point of this thread it makes no sense
I'll tell you the point... When I watch a video of Alizee.. I listen very very closely so basically I am picking up on her actions, facial animations, sounds she emphasizes.

I sit in front of my computer and speak it just like she speaks it. When she says OUI.. I say it just like her. When she says, MERCI.. I say it just like her. She is just so darn cute and ardorable and I like the sound of her voice.

So here is the point in a nutshell...I am learning the french language thru Alizee and I would probably sound like her if I ever visited France and said... MERCI or OUI or whatever

I would rather sound tough in France, thats why i asked for cool french slang. Besides what is wrong with learning STREET TALK first, rather than learning school french first?

I know I know.. just lower your voice and you wont sound feminine..lol

Anyone that knows me knows i have a sense of humor.. this post is also supposed to be humorous. Have a nice day crazed Alizee fans
Old 10-09-2006, 09:03 PM

NANAKI is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
I'll tell you the point... When I watch a video of Alizee.. I listen very very closely so basically I am picking up on her actions, facial animations, sounds she emphasizes.

I sit in front of my computer and speak it just like she speaks it. When she says OUI.. I say it just like her. When she says, MERCI.. I say it just like her. She is just so darn cute and ardorable and I like the sound of her voice.

So here is the point in a nutshell...I am learning the french language thru Alizee and I would probably sound like her if I ever visited France and said... MERCI or OUI or whatever

I would rather sound tough in France, thats why i asked for cool french slang. Besides what is wrong with learning STREET TALK first, rather than learning school french first?

I know I know.. just lower your voice and you wont sound feminine..lol

Anyone that knows me knows i have a sense of humor.. this post is also supposed to be humorous. Have a nice day crazed Alizee fans
yeah I do that too

Old 10-09-2006, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post

How would you react if somebody who just emigrated from France with 2 years of English experience, only in school, greeted you by "Yo yo wuzzup my homie G?"

hahahaha... funny I spit out a popcorn kernel when i read that, that shitts funny.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:37 PM

zemasterzzz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post
How would you react if somebody who just emigrated from France with 2 years of English experience, only in school, greeted you by "Yo yo wuzzup my homie G?"
I'd probably be rolling on the floor laughing. Actually any1 who said that to me with a serious face would get me lauging so hard.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm awesome, u know it

Spartan500 is on a distinguished road

yeah that would be hilarious. the only time someone i know ever talks like that is because they are making fun of people
Old 10-10-2006, 07:25 AM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

What does "my homie G" stand for?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFrenchie View Post
What does "my homie G" stand for?
Homie basically means close friend. Short for homeboy.

G is short for gangsta, I think. But when used with homie, I'm not sure how it affects it. Prolly no way really. Just more 'cool' way to say...
Old 10-10-2006, 11:35 AM

maareek is on a distinguished road

homie G would be a way of referring to pretty much anyone. It's literal meaning would be friend or close friend but in use it's used to speak to generally everyone (though it fell out of favor a realllllly long time ago, as most "hip-hop" terms do). Basically homie g is the same as "cuz", "nephew", "son" etc, as they were all basically popularized by rap artists and used to "sound gangsta" when speaking to other people.

So anybody using "hey homie g" would get looked at strangely and then laughed into the ground. Unless they were famous, in which case it'd become cool to say again.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:42 AM

Alot of people here in Vegas come up to you and say... " hey G ". Just a tough slang word for Gangsta or someone just trying to be "hip"

Talk to P Diddy or 50 Cent if you wanna learn more..lol