Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-18-2010, 08:34 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

That might be true Ruroshen, but there's also a few arrogant people, who love to look as though they have or can get the resources first before anyone else ;-)

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Last edited by Jess; 03-18-2010 at 08:37 AM..
Old 03-18-2010, 04:01 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Yeah, it's been an interesting day watching this unfold online, and seeing the different (and often opposite) reactions of people who all call themselves fans.

I genuinely think a lot of the people who are posting or linking to the songs don't realize they're doing anything wrong. They're just excited fans who got their Christmas present early, and think they're doing their fellow fans a solid by sharing it. It doesn't even occur to them that Alizée might actually be harmed by it, because they assume that--like themselves--all fans are still gonna buy the album, regardless.

That's been my impression, anyway.
In my opinion people who post links to the album songs are either no fans or just plain stupid. They should be banned in any case.

It's thievery and they are harming Alizée. Period. If they are to naive to see this, that's no excuse.
She put a lot of work into this, and people should not download it for free.

And to wait another two weeks should be no prob after all the time we waited for her to come back.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Youtube videos gone !

Old 03-18-2010, 07:55 PM

lowbeam is on a distinguished road

First, so you don't think badly of me I pre-ordered the box set from Opendisc and two "Une enfant du siècle" CD's from Amazon. I don't steal from Alizée, she's that important to me.

That being said, I listened to the leaked album and I really like it, even more than "Psychédélices". "Eden Eden" and "A coeur fendre" are my favorites right now but they're all good. Of course, I'm in love with her voice and I'm not in the targeted demographic so my opinion matters little

Last edited by lowbeam; 03-18-2010 at 08:32 PM..
Old 03-18-2010, 08:09 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Having just discovered the greatest voice of all time I am not in any hurry to open the new album. I am enjoying all the newly acquired CD's/DVD. Maybe after a few thousand more plays of the "past" I can come into the "present". And, believe me, a few thousand more plays will only take a couple weeks.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:58 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Even though I have a few copies of the album on pre-order, I'll admit I was jealous and upset all day because I was trying very hard to fight the temptation of downloading this album, unfortunately I failed miserably ;-(

Removes his heavy armor, drops his shield and sword (words), and freely exposes himself for any attacks by any of the passers by. Falls on one knee and wipes a tear from his eye and exclaims: If there is any changes to be made in this world, it will happen thru music, close your eyes and you will see clearly ~ ☮ ♥ ♫

Forgets about everything that he's been fighting for if only for an instant, and goes back to listening to "14 Decembre" by Alizée

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Last edited by Jess; 03-22-2010 at 10:52 PM..
Old 03-18-2010, 10:03 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

I must confess that copies are pretty easy to find already which is a shame.
I wouldn't dream of downloading a copy and am more than happy to wait until my pre ordered copy arrives.
I'm really looking forward to hearing it. When you think of what was happening (or not happening) in Alizee world this time last year, i don't want to spoil the anticipation.
I've waited long enough, a few more weeks dosen't really matter?
Old 03-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I haven't downloaded the album. I saw someone on Youtube had almost all of the songs posted. I admit, I listened to Mes fantômes all the way through and I was blown away. I then posted on his comment section that he should remove the leaked songs. I noticed Jenny and a few others did too. Today they are gone. The original leaker is the real bad guy in all this, but well meaning fans can cause more damage by spreading it.

If you've already purchased, or will definitely purchase the album, then I think no harm is done in acquiring it at this point. The problem comes from those who post a link, or become somewhat injudicious in who they give a link to. It may just be in the excitement of the moment, but once it's out there, it's out there. It doesn't take long for the link to fall into the hands of people who are less concerned about Alizée's well being. I wouldn't doubt that there are many people who would buy the album, but if they can get it for free, they won't. That's the segment of the population that Alizée will lose sales from. I don't know how significant the numbers are, but any lost sales to Alizée is just wrong.

I guess the other problem of letting the album out is it takes away Alizée's right to release it in her own way and in her own time. Think of the fans who bought the deluxe edition and would be getting the download a day early. The gift of getting it first has been stolen from those dedicated fans.

I remember getting caught up in the Fifty Sixty leak. I decided this time I'm going to wait until it is released.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Lefty, without disagreeing that the person who leaked the music and those who posted the videos on YouTube are in the wrong, I must disagree with you on a couple of points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I guess the other problem of letting the album out is it takes away Alizée's right to release it in her own way and in her own time.
As a practical reality, she does not have that right. This leak proves it. You cannot put the genie back in the bottle. All you can do is to tame the genii and employ it to your own service.

There is no point whatsoever in pining for the lost glory days of the CD. They're gone, and they are never coming back. But does that mean that an artist such as Alizée cannot be successful with new music? No, it does not -- but it does mean that she cannot be successful in the old way, the same way she did in 2001.

I don't know how much control she has over release dates; I suspect that the record companies have more and that in some ways she had no choice about this situation. But whoever made the decision, they did the wrong thing. The entire album should have been released first by download and it should already have happened at least a month ago. Or at the very least, concurrently with the preorder of the deluxe package. The deluxe package should have been sold on the basis of the vinyl disks, the posters, the signed photos for the first however many it was, but not on any privileged early access because that is just not workable.

If she/Sony had done this, the postings on YouTube wouldn't make much difference because all her fans would have bought the music already, and the vids would have served only to introduce new people to her voice, which is the real value of outlets like YouTube anyway.

So while I have no intention of excusing whoever it was that leaked the music, the ultimate fault here is either hers or Sony's, because it was easily preventable.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-18-2010, 11:05 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Not here to put anyone down, but if we truly feel bad about this then my opinion is we should not be searching for it on youtube or anywhere else. Having said this, I commend the efforts in telling others to remove links, etc.

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont