Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 08-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Yes old alizee is still alizee music. However do you promote an artist by what they are doing now and how they are performing now, or by what they did eight years ago? You promote what they are doing now right? This holds especially true if the styles are as different as they are between her old stuff and the new. This will hold even more true if you are promoting using video, as the performances are drastically different as of recent.
You know what, I actually see your point.

It's sort of like you selling hot dogs at a stand and a guy comes up and sees a picture of a REALLY GOOD LOOKING hotdog. He asks for a hot dog and expects a hot dog that looks like the one in the picture. But no, he gets a cheeseburger.

See the REALLY GOOD LOOKING hotdog is Alizee from Gourmandises and MCE, and the cheeseburger is the new Alizee. It's like false advertising to people almost. BUT IT WORKS STILL!!! hahahaha
Old 08-28-2010, 04:47 PM

bbk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
You know what, I actually see your point.

It's sort of like you selling hot dogs at a stand and a guy comes up and sees a picture of a REALLY GOOD LOOKING hotdog. He asks for a hot dog and expects a hot dog that looks like the one in the picture. But no, he gets a cheeseburger.

See the REALLY GOOD LOOKING hotdog is Alizee from Gourmandises and MCE, and the cheeseburger is the new Alizee. It's like false advertising to people almost. BUT IT WORKS STILL!!! hahahaha
What the...Alizée IS NOT A HOT DOG. Terrible analogy.

And besides, if the person becomes really into Alizée, he or she might end up liking the new stuff as well. You never know for sure. Varies by the individual yo.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I’m not sure that we have any evidence that promoting Alizée with old material can win over fans to her new material. Maybe it works and maybe it doesn’t. I personally favor introducing people to her new stuff first. I think that's what she would want anyways.

It’s actually a lot easier to promote the current Alizée to my musician friends than the old Alizée. They generally liked the old music but they couldn’t relate to her image as being a serious artist. When I bought the UEDS CD I got an extra one to give to one of my friends along with some current pictures. He sat down and listened to it all the way through 4 times. He was really impressed with her work and now sees Alizée as a mature and serious artist. Since he is a very talented singer, musician and songwriter in his own right, I value his opinion, and he doesn’t give his opinion lightly. So not everyone prefers the old over the new.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
It’s actually a lot easier to promote the current Alizée to my musician friends than the old Alizée. They generally liked the old music but they couldn’t relate to her image as being a serious artist. When I bought the UEDS CD I got an extra one to give to one of my friends along with some current pictures. He sat down and listened to it all the way through 4 times. He was really impressed with her work and now sees Alizée as a mature and serious artist. Since he is a very talented singer, musician and songwriter in his own right, I value his opinion, and he doesn’t give his opinion lightly. So not everyone prefers the old over the new.
That really lit me up right there. I like people noticing that she has matured and she's not just a hot singer anymore(she is so hot). Because I have a friend that judged her saying "Wow, you're listening to that stupid French girl?! You're so obsessed with her. Her music is so bad." All he heard was I'm Fed Up at that time. And now I showed him her remixes and UEDS and he is now super obsessed with her music and he is remixing some vocals now with the Apple Logic Pro music program thing he just got. So it's nice to see that he likes her new stuff.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
JEAM is dangerous. Even after 7 years, I still find it mesmerizing. I was doing laundry and decided to watch one of her JEAM performances to make folding clothes less boring. I ended up just watching it like 4 times without even doing anything. She is very distracting. Too beautiful.
I was watching a JEAM performance not too long ago and my computer moniter almost overheated!!!!lolol

Last edited by RobandSandy; 08-28-2010 at 11:28 PM..
Old 08-29-2010, 05:36 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobandSandy View Post
I was watching a JEAM performance not too long ago and my computer moniter almost overheated!!!!lolol
That reminds me of the time I was watching Alizée's performance of "Ella, elle l'a" and the power went out just as she was coming down the steps.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:24 PM

Vista is on a distinguished road

Hey... I was watching a JEAM performance not too long ago and I almost overheated!
Old 08-29-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Hey... I was watching a JEAM performance not too long ago and I almost overheated!
This just makes me wonder, I don't think even Alizee can comprehend how amazing, awesome, nice, and beautiful she really is hahahaha.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:09 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Saying no to what?
To whether or not she has said anything about the letter you gave her or replied to your email.

Regards,

Jung

Old 08-29-2010, 10:24 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
To whether or not she has said anything about the letter you gave her or replied to your email.

Regards,

Jung
Can you two please stop this continual sniping at each other?
It's depressing

Tags
alizee, promotion