Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-17-2019, 09:48 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Yes, and if you imagine Alizée while you're reading about that woman... "Sigh"
It's no secret on this forum that her eyes are my favorite feature of Alizee. The eyes are the windows to the soul, as the saying goes. They don't lie, and I have always sensed something really special. If I was ordered by God to look away, I would be a pillar of salt long ago.

So it should come as no surprise that my favorite part of the poem is

That she gives through the eyes a sweetness to the heart,
Which no one can understand who does not feel it;
Old 08-17-2019, 03:07 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
If I was ordered by God to look away, I would be a pillar of salt long ago.
I like this vision. I mean, it's romantic
Old 08-19-2019, 02:29 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What does Alizee mean to you?
I don't feel romantic toward Alizee-- I'm just fascinated by her. When I watch En Concert, and its as if she is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

(Alizee is very pretty-- but the most beautiful thing I've ever seen? I just don't get it-- but there it is.)

ec snip2 -cor.jpg
Old 08-19-2019, 08:36 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Trying to get caught up again to posts on my days off.

One thing said was Alizee's career was moderately successful. Maybe that is true if you take the average of her career, but for the years 1999-2003, she was highly successful.

From Wikipedia, "According to the IFPI and SNEP, Alizée is one of the best-selling female French artists of the 21st century,[2] and is also the singer with most exports out of France"

"Her first album was Gourmandises, which received Platinum certification within three months of release.After its international launch in 2001, Gourmandises was a success both in France and abroad, earning Alizée the distinction of being the highest selling female French singer in 2001 "

I had also read before that Alizee was the first French singer to have two songs (ML and L'Alize) in the top 10 for as long as they were in it.

As far as love, just like Aragorn says there are many forms. Even things like puppy love or crushes or infatuations are shallow, maybe unrealistic, but never the less, they are forms of love.

But I feel what Aragorn has goes way beyond that, because in many of those cases of crushes or puppy love, we know little about the person. Still there is I think something that first draws our attention to them and it's not just beauty. There's many beautiful women in the world. What usually has caught my eye was something in their personality, something that sets them apart.

The one thing we have with Alizee is we've seen so much of her, we get a very good idea of what this person is like. The little waves to the crowd, the tears in the studio of the first Stars a Domicile show, the way she became friends with Jessica during the second SAD show, her deep love for Annily and family and Corsica.

With the shows DALS and SAGA, we really got a good glimpse of what she is like off stage and with that, I can see how it's very easy for someone who hasn't met her to fall in love with her.

Now I've said myself, I'm in love with the performer and not the person though if there was such a thing as reincarnation, Alizee is who I'd want waiting for me when I came back. But the reason I say I'm not in love with her is with my age and the experience you gather getting to this age, you realize you really don't know how you are going to get along with someone until you start doing things together. There was one woman I dated who I was really smitten within the beginning, but one thing she would do when we were driving someplace, is she'd put her hand on the back of my neck, making it difficult to turn my head. It drove me up a wall. I almost became a mass murderer on the spot and there were a couple of other things she did that sent my blood pressure through the roof.

I Alizée is a woman with simple needs and wants in life though her success has let her indulge in some expensive accessories over the years. She wants Ajaccio, Corsica, a husband and kids. She would have been perfectly happy with an engineering job in Ajaccio, following in her dad's footsteps.

She was in love with her first husband and was willing to move away from the place she loved so much, but she got burnt. I don't think Gregoire had a choice.....Corsica or else the highway. That might be a tough choice for a lot of men. Ajaccio is not Paris....it's not the big city, but I think he realizes he has a rare gem of a person and he'll do whatever it takes to keep her.

I think what Aragorn has is truly a form of love for this woman and it's not a shallow love. What form of love it is, I don't know. Maybe if he had the opportunity to spend some time with her, he'd feel different, but I doubt it.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-19-2019 at 08:41 PM..
Old 08-20-2019, 12:18 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I don't feel romantic toward Alizee-- I'm just fascinated by her. When I watch En Concert, and its as if she is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

(Alizee is very pretty-- but the most beautiful thing I've ever seen? I just don't get it-- but there it is.)

Attachment 2773

A Social Psychologist found that when a person looks into the face of a loved one, it causes endorphins to fire off inside their bodies. So, if you take two exceptionally beautiful women (one a stranger and the other a loved one) and stand them side by side, the loved one will always appear the most beautiful.

I think that explains the phenomenon.

I too recognize that Alizee is not the most beautiful woman on earth, but I think she is.

Wednesday, 21 August 2019, is Alizee's birthday. She will be 35.

Last edited by Shepherd; 08-20-2019 at 12:57 AM..
Old 08-20-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

But I feel what Aragorn has goes way beyond that, because in many of those cases of crushes or puppy love, we know little about the person.

Maybe if he had the opportunity to spend some time with her, he'd feel different, but I doubt it.
I have a quote for this. From Good Will Hunting. If you don't know it, it is a movie with Robin Williams (Sean)

"Will: [about Skylar] Don't worry about me, I know what I'm doin'. Yeah, but this girl is like, you know, beautiful. She's smart. She's funny. She's different from most of the girls I've been with.
Sean: So, call her up, Romeo.
Will: Why? So I can realize she's not that smart, that she's f***in' boring? Y'know? I mean...this girl is like f***in' perfect right now, I don't wanna ruin that.
Sean: Maybe you're perfect right now. Maybe you don't wanna ruin that. I think that's a super philosophy, Will, that way you can go through your entire life without ever having to really know anybody...My wife used to fart when she was nervous. She had all sorts of wonderful idiosyncrasies. You know what? She used to fart in her sleep. [they laugh] Sorry I shared that with you. One night it was so loud it woke the dog up. She woke up and gone like "oh was that you?" I'd say yeah...I didn't have the heart to tell her...[cracks up] Oh God...
Will: [laughing hysterically] She woke herself up?
Sean: [in hysterics himself] Yes!.... Oh Christ....aahhh, but, Will, she's been dead two years and that's the shit I remember. [Will stops laughing] Wonderful stuff, you know, little things like that. Ah, but, those are the things I miss the most. The little idiosyncrasies that only I knew about. That's what made her my wife. Oh, and she had the goods on me, too; she knew all my little peccadillos. People call these things imperfections, but they're not — aw that's the good stuff. And then we get to choose who we let into our weird little worlds. You're not perfect, sport. And let me save you the suspense. This girl you met, she isn't perfect either. But the question is: whether or not you're perfect for each other. That's the whole deal. That's what intimacy is all about. Now you can know everything in the world, sport, but the only way you're findin' out that one is by givin' it a shot. You certainly won't learn from an old f****r like me. Even if I did know, I wouldn't tell a pissant like you."

I agree with this philosophy. Every single person in this world has his/her own weird little world. That's why it's almost unthinkable to love with someone you don't know. At least I mean true love. And that is something that is not taken for granted: I think it takes a lot of time to actually understand if someone is your only love and many people don't know it even if they are married.
But as you said, we know a lot about Alizée, thanks to all the videos and other things. And there is also something very important: she is not a rondom person, she is a singer; and music can speak to your soul. So we will never know Alizée 's real personality, but I think that what I've seen from her is true, that she is really the magnificent woman I see. Obviously this isn't rational but something that comes from my (our) heart.
That's why I think I'm in love with her but I can't say if she's my true love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think what Aragorn has is truly a form of love for this woman and it's not a shallow love. What form of love it is, I don't know. Maybe if he had the opportunity to spend some time with her, he'd feel different, but I doubt it.
So would I feel different if I entered Alizée's weird world? It's impossible to say. My opinion? Absolutely yes: I'd be even more in love with her. I know that from all the little details I have seen: her nose scrunches, the way she adjusts her hair, the way she puts her hand on her side while she's singing and so on... Little things that makes her even more beautiful.

Edit:

Oh and we can call this form of love the way Jaufré Rudel does: Amor de lonh. In English it should be "Love afar"

Last edited by Aragorn97; 08-20-2019 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-20-2019, 07:55 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I too recognize that Alizee is not the most beautiful woman on earth, but I think she is.
I second that she is the most beautiful. Being the YouTube comment surfer that I am, I have seen a large amount of comments saying Alizee is "THE" most beautiful they have ever seen, and even the most beautiful in history. It's funny how those endorphins work. One comment from a guy that said Alizee was "cute", but not a beautiful as (forgot the name) and provided a link to her video. She did nothing for me, and I thought she was quite unattractive actually.

So the laws of attraction are not universal. Life experiences factor in to who we are attracted to along with a lot of biology that I don't understand.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
So would I feel different if I entered Alizée's weird world? It's impossible to say. My opinion? Absolutely yes: I'd be even more in love with her. I know that from all the little details I have seen: her nose scrunches, the way she adjusts her hair, the way she puts her hand on her side while she's singing and so on... Little things that makes her even more beautiful.
Ahhh, the nose scrunches! That might be my favorite charm of hers. There is a thread on this forum about her nose scrunch and also the members favorite charms of Alizee, where the nose scrunch is mentioned frequently.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 08-20-2019 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-20-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I second that she is the most beautiful.
So do I!

Quote:
Ahhh, the nose scrunches! That might be my favorite charm of hers. There is a thread on this forum about her nose scrunch and also the members favorite charms of Alizee, where the nose scrunch is mentioned frequently.
I'll take a look at this thread. She has a lot of these charms.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:39 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
A Social Psychologist found that when a person looks into the face of a loved one, it causes endorphins to fire off inside their bodies. So, if you take two exceptionally beautiful women (one a stranger and the other a loved one) and stand them side by side, the loved one will always appear the most beautiful.

I think that explains the phenomenon.

What I'm trying to say is that when I look at Alizee's face, I'm not sure what it is I'm seeing.

I don't feel "romantic" toward her--- I don't think I am under the influence of endorphins.

I'm saying that there is something unusual about Alizee's facial features.

Two things stand out in my mind:

* average-looking and extremely good-looking at the same time

To put it more colloquially(?), a "super-hot version of the girl next door."

In theory, "average-looking" and "good-looking" are mutually exclusive. And yet, Alizee's face is both simultaeously. It doesn't quite make sense.

(In my brain, the "extremely good-looking" is perceptually dominant. But I can still see the "average-looking", even though it is in the background perceptually.)

* slightly androgynous

She looks a little bit like a boy. But strangely, this "boyishness" in her facial features makes her facial features seem to be even more feminine--- perhaps even "hyper-feminine".

Perhaps facial attractiveness--- what makes some faces more attractive than other faces--- works (at least in part) on some kind of multistable perception.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multistable_perception