Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Star Wars The Old Republic is announced everyone. You all can quit WoW and Warhammer and Runescape and Guild Wars because this game is going to put the hammer down, KOTOR III in MMO style. The game is set to have a variaty of characters and story lines for each and everyone to follow but choose wisely because what you choose will stick with you forever, this ain't WoW where your a human and you go on another server and say OMG OMG OMG OMG ORCS ORCS ORCS ORCS ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK. This game is going to have more quests more land to cover and of course Jedi madness.

Thank You Bioware for finally creating a game that can put an end to the 11 Million players of World of Warcraft.
Thank You Bioware for creating another KOTOR.
Thank You Bioware for keeping Star Wars a memory for the future.

All you need is 1 Truck.

Last edited by Youpidou1; 12-30-2008 at 10:31 PM..
Old 12-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
Star Wars The Old Republic is announced everyone. You all can quit WoW and Warhammer and Runescape and Guild Wars because this game is going to put the hammer down, KOTOR III in MMO style. The game is set to have a variaty of characters and story lines for each and everyone to follow but choose wisely because what you choose will stick with you forever, this ain't WoW where your a human and you go on another server and say OMG OMG OMG OMG ORCS ORCS ORCS ORCS ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK. This game is going to have more quests more land to cover and of course Jedi madness.
Naw...i'm waiting for Starcraft2! Till then, COD4 is occuping my time!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:37 PM
젊은 전사

Paenguin is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Thank You Bioware for finally creating a game that can put an end to the 11 Million players of World of Warcraft.
Thank You Bioware for creating another KOTOR.
Thank You Bioware for keeping Star Wars a memory for the future.
And end to WoW
That's what they said about Warhammer Online
But all Blizzard did was just release another WoW expansion and there goes the artards.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paenguin View Post
And end to WoW
But all Blizzard did was just release another WoW expansion and there goes the artards.
Warhammer was garbage and I knew it from the day they released gameplay. It's the same thing as World of Warcraft. Star Wars is going to kill both.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paenguin View Post
And end to WoW
Heh. "Artards."

It'll happen, sooner or later--I can remember when EverQuest was the 800-pound gorilla in the MMO industry, and it seemed like nobody would ever be able to overtake it. Then Blizzard announced WoW, and the writing was kind of on the wall...

SWTOR has that same potential, if it's designed and marketed well. The problem is that a lot of people remember very well just how putrid SWG was, especially when it first came out. Even though it's not even remotely by the same dev team, SWTOR is going to have to be freaking amazing to overcome that.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

KOTOR 3 isn't going to be an rpg? F*** that.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:13 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Warhammer was garbage and I knew it from the day they released gameplay. It's the same thing as World of Warcraft. Star Wars is going to kill both.
WOW actually stole from Warhammer

Blizzard worked on Warhammer and they kinda got fired so they made Wow and used the Warhammer format and Warhammer just took longer to come out

Old 12-31-2008, 11:14 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

I sure hope they get past the slow battle system of KOTOR because it's really not gonna work in a mmorpg. Well atleast not for me, I've always hated turnbased, too slow and too boring. Tactics > strategy.

The strength of Wow in my eyes is the feeling of freedome. The feeling of freedome and easy-to-use interface and gameplay makes it so pleasent to get into and so noob friendly that everyone just fall in love with it from the beginning. At the same time it got deepth, you can get really nerdy and go really advanced at the same time with the vast variation of skills, spells, abilities, talent builds, etc...

The graphics were great too, they didn't aim for photorealistic GPU consuming über graphics, they aimed for a more arty/cartoonish style that worked well with the somewhat humerous style making it fun to explore and visit new areas and places for the exploring type of player.
On top of this you got a large amount of documentation for the background story and characters already set by the Warcraft series. And the game itself contains alot of books and reading for the lore interested kind.
This mix of elements creates a large scope that covers all sorts of players, girls and boys, war-minded and peaceful, explorers and lore-freaks...

Star Wars as a mmo is a hard nut to crack. Everyone can't be a Jedi, everyone can't be Darth Vader or the Emperor. This leaves you with a blaster and a stupid helmet and this isn't exactly the highest dream of a Star Wars nerd. What they need to do is to create something new in the world of mmo's in order to beat Wow.

KOTOR III with multiplayer compabilities simply won't do the trick.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!

Last edited by Tomtentp; 12-31-2008 at 11:18 AM..
Old 01-02-2009, 02:19 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
I sure hope they get past the slow battle system of KOTOR because it's really not gonna work in a mmorpg. Well atleast not for me, I've always hated turnbased, too slow and too boring. Tactics > strategy.

The strength of Wow in my eyes is the feeling of freedome. The feeling of freedome and easy-to-use interface and gameplay makes it so pleasent to get into and so noob friendly that everyone just fall in love with it from the beginning. At the same time it got deepth, you can get really nerdy and go really advanced at the same time with the vast variation of skills, spells, abilities, talent builds, etc...

The graphics were great too, they didn't aim for photorealistic GPU consuming über graphics, they aimed for a more arty/cartoonish style that worked well with the somewhat humerous style making it fun to explore and visit new areas and places for the exploring type of player.
On top of this you got a large amount of documentation for the background story and characters already set by the Warcraft series. And the game itself contains alot of books and reading for the lore interested kind.
This mix of elements creates a large scope that covers all sorts of players, girls and boys, war-minded and peaceful, explorers and lore-freaks...

Star Wars as a mmo is a hard nut to crack. Everyone can't be a Jedi, everyone can't be Darth Vader or the Emperor. This leaves you with a blaster and a stupid helmet and this isn't exactly the highest dream of a Star Wars nerd. What they need to do is to create something new in the world of mmo's in order to beat Wow.

KOTOR III with multiplayer compabilities simply won't do the trick.
I played Galaxies and if KOTOR MMO is KOTOR 1-2 PLUS the enviroment of Galaxies I think it can be a huge hit. Because well how many games do you know where you can own a star destroyer . Galaxies is one. Now this game will have all kinds of species and classes and hopefully world by world transportation, meaning buy your own ship and travel planet to planet however you please.

But I beg them for this game to kill WoW because it's just a huge drug.

All you need is 1 Truck.

Last edited by Youpidou1; 01-02-2009 at 02:21 AM..
Old 01-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I played Galaxies and if KOTOR MMO is KOTOR 1-2 PLUS the enviroment of Galaxies I think it can be a huge hit. Because well how many games do you know where you can own a star destroyer . Galaxies is one. Now this game will have all kinds of species and classes and hopefully world by world transportation, meaning buy your own ship and travel planet to planet however you please.

But I beg them for this game to kill WoW because it's just a huge drug.
You don't kill a drug with another drug you know. Mmo's will always be the evil side of games when it comes to your social life

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!