Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 01-10-2011, 02:45 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

The rumor is only that she's in the thinking-it-out stage, not that a new album is about to be released. All this is really telling us is that she hasn't given up, which is good news. We also have a hint (along with the Christmas song) that she may be going in a more pop/rock direction rather than pure electro. And that's really all we can take away here. It's all good, but don't get too breathless.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-10-2011, 01:06 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
I doubt a new album will be coming out in the next 2+ yrs, if at all. I'm all for quality, not quantity. Two albums in less than 2yrs?...no thanks! Content will be rushed, thus quality of music will suffer. If she's serious about having another "pop" album, then she needs to take her time.
Two albums in less than two years, sounds like what a lot of bands actually do. Can't say that it's ever hurt the quality of most albums. I do agree that you probably won't hear a new album from her for a while yet. Just throwing it out there that it doesn't take years to produce an album.

Regards,

Jung

Old 01-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Yeah I remember hearing about a band that recorded an album in 6 days. The name of the band escapes me right now :/

Old 01-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Love.

Iwillmeether is on a distinguished road

Deathklok! lol not rly
-"We recorded this album in 6 days in a studio in West Orange, New Jersey. It was the band's first trip to the USA, our first time to see snow, freeways, Cadillacs, and 6" televisions" -Peter Furler, 2000
the band was the newsboys
Old 01-10-2011, 02:50 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post
Yeah I remember hearing about a band that recorded an album in 6 days. The name of the band escapes me right now :/
Well Jandek has done 65 in 32 years.

Just read this comment on a Korpiklaani video a couple minutes ago "Wtf is up with Korpiklaani, they produce many albums in a short amount of time, but the quality isn't starting to decrease."

Regards,

Jung

Old 01-10-2011, 03:02 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

This news can knock someone right out of depression. I'm just checking back for sec. This is intense. Email me if it's true: ConCircus@aol.com
Old 01-10-2011, 07:24 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

yeah it's....REALLY not that difficult to record an album. what i suppose CAN make it take longer is the mastering and finer details....but still...it's no where near 2+ years. what usually takes up that time.... is touring and publicity. for which there has been little to none for this album
Old 01-10-2011, 11:51 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Question Xmas song 2010 ?????????? Whatttt???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
The rumor is only that she's in the thinking-it-out stage, not that a new album is about to be released. All this is really telling us is that she hasn't given up, which is good news. We also have a hint (along with the Christmas song) that she may be going in a more pop/rock direction rather than pure electro. And that's really all we can take away here. It's all good, but don't get too breathless.
As for new material, well pop or whatever it may be, sign me up on that preorder list! I'm just glad to hear (even if it's from the rumor mill) that she isn't giving up on us and sacking her career.

I had mentioned here a couple weeks ago that I'd be happiest if the new album was a return to the "Psych" sound and style, but honestly, I'll be delighted if she records anything - even gregorian chants (and I think this is how most of us feel here).

BUT I'M QUOTING OUR GOOD FRIEND DEEPWATERS HERE BECAUSE HE MENTIONS "CHRISTMAS SONG". It's not the first time I've heard tell of this, yet my cursory searches have revealed nothing. WAS THERE REALLY A NEW XMAS 2010 SONG, AND I TOTALLY MISSED IT??? D'Ohhhh!!!!

HELLLPPPP!!!! Somebody, please fill me in! If such a thing exists, where can I find it?
Old 01-11-2011, 12:01 AM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
As for new material, well pop or whatever it may be, sign me up on that preorder list! I'm just glad to hear (even if it's from the rumor mill) that she isn't giving up on us and sacking her career.

I had mentioned here a couple weeks ago that I'd be happiest if the new album was a return to the "Psych" sound and style, but honestly, I'll be delighted if she records anything - even gregorian chants (and I think this is how most of us feel here).

BUT I'M QUOTING OUR GOOD FRIEND DEEPWATERS HERE BECAUSE HE MENTIONS "CHRISTMAS SONG". It's not the first time I've heard tell of this, yet my cursory searches have revealed nothing. WAS THERE REALLY A NEW XMAS 2010 SONG, AND I TOTALLY MISSED IT??? D'Ohhhh!!!!

HELLLPPPP!!!! Somebody, please fill me in! If such a thing exists, where can I find it?
Hey now... Gregorian chant is quite nice, I think.

Here's the Christmas song from 2010:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ylK0SJ0uAGU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x5d1719& amp;color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ylK0SJ0uAGU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x5d1719& amp;color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I really enjoyed it . It will make you feel like it's still the holidays.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:50 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Whoah, thanks AI! That's AWESOME. But does anybody know - is there an mp3 file of this thing available?

I already like it better than last year's song. And last year's song was pretty darn good...except:::

..I always had a problem with the chorus! I can't make heads or tails of that last line: "It's Christmas and it won't be the last / It's Christmas so forget about your past / It's Christmas and we'll all be all right / So please this Christmas, don't mumble mumble garble garble glorp" ! Seriously! (Way to screw up the whole effort, Tahiti Boy!)

Okay, so I guess I've got two questions here: 1) mp3 of this year's song? and 2) what the heck were the words they were singing last year??? (or what the heck were they eating while they were singing?)

EDIT:
As for my question #1, I'm okay now, Fèvier has shown me the true (download) path already. Thanks, Fèvier!!!

Last edited by Chuck; 01-11-2011 at 12:54 AM..

Tags
judgement day will happen, sooner, the leak is inminent, yep.still waiting...