Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-16-2010, 05:20 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink Avoiding the Seven Year Itch

What could be more horrible than losing the intimate friendship of someone you have long loved and with whom you have shared so much? Thus, surely everyone who really loves Alizée wishes her many happy decades with Jérémy!

But their seventh wedding anniversary will be here on November 16. And people talk about The Seven Year Itch. What advice do you have to Alizée and Jérémy for a long and happy marriage?

I will start: Do not walk near Metro vent gratings!!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qIl39hYZUQ4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qIl39hYZUQ4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 10-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

If they travel to New York City, then don't eat the gum under the handrails, its not free candy!

But seriously, I wish them the best
Old 10-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Super User

Paulina is on a distinguished road

Always listen to one another.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:04 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think Alizée is still head over heals in love with Jeremy and her family. There will be no straying for her in the forseeable future. As far as Jeremy is concerned, it's very hard to say because we know so little and hear so little about him. For him, I'd just tell him when he's in bed with her and she's sleeping, just gaze at that beautiful creature next to him and realize how tremendously lucky he is to be a part of her life and to be the object of her love.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
For him, I'd just tell him when he's in bed with her and she's sleeping, just gaze at that beautiful creature next to him and realize how tremendously lucky he is to be a part of her life and to be the object of her love.
Man...some amazing advice there Scruff...What a lucky guy he is...
Old 10-17-2010, 12:46 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Question Sauce for the goose and the gander?

Some fans here at AAm claim that Alizée is being extremely lethargic in her profession, and is failing to promote her career through performances, if only at smaller venues. One can think of several reasons she might willfully behave that way. One of them is the fact that while both Alizée and Jérémy were teenage talent show stars, only one of them was catapulted to super-stardom. Do you think Alizée is holding back because a more active career would drive a wedge between her and her husband, even if she never again came close to being France's number-one female recording star?

As an aside, do we have any notion how these two very private healthy young people spend their days? It is not hard to find pleasant amusements when you have a comfortable living without working, and they wouldn't be the first couple in history to take advantage of this opportunity, all the more welcome because they are so young and vigorous. For all we know, they might be trying to pen a modern French epic together, or to become experts in early Anglo-Saxon metalworking. And if there was enough spare cash around, one could even golf one's way from course to course around the world.

Or maybe Alizée is just finally studying for her Bac, perhaps so she can attend a formal university, or just tutor Annily when the girl enters collège. Note that in the years between his early work with Paul Simon and their mega-star run together, Art Garfunkel attended Columbia University and earned degrees in Art History and Math. (See interesting aside about this below.)

ASIDE: Feelin' Groovy About Math

Art Garfunkel and I attended the same neighborhood high school, and only a few years after he earned the master's degree in math, I studied calculus as a senior under a Mr. Jacob Garfunkel. Thus in retrospect, I wonder if they were related! I certainly knew little of the singer's interest in math at the time. I read in an article on a famous science talent content that

Gomori listed Forest Hills mathematics teacher Jacob Garfunkel as the most influential person in his development as a mathematician. Garfunkel credits Gomori with "uncanny" intuitiveness, ingenuity and perception in problem-solving; he says Gomori has kept him in after school, rather than vice versa, discussing topics brought up in class.

Curiously, as reported on Art Garfunkel's own Web site, his Dad was ALSO named "Jacob Garfunkel" - but we are told he was a "traveling salesman" who died in 1986. Today, the high school auditorium is called the Jacob Garfunkel Auditorium, I assume after the singer's father, perhaps in consequence of some large gift to the school.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:30 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee View Post
Thus, surely everyone who really loves Alizée wishes her many happy decades with Jérémy!

If that's what she wants, sure. I'm a pure dyed in the wool stone-faced cynic beyond redemption about the myth of romantic love, though. I just plain flat don't believe in it. So it's entirely up to her, and I would not wish her to stay in a relationship unless she IS happy in it. But if she is, more power to her.

Quote:
What advice do you have to Alizée and Jérémy for a long and happy marriage?
Don't do what I did.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 10-17-2010, 02:17 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Never been married yo, don't got nutin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee View Post
Some fans here at AAm claim that Alizée is being extremely lethargic in her profession, and is failing to promote her career through performances, if only at smaller venues. One can think of several reasons she might willfully behave that way. One of them is the fact that while both Alizée and Jérémy were teenage talent show stars, only one of them was catapulted to super-stardom. Do you think Alizée is holding back because a more active career would drive a wedge between her and her husband, even if she never again came close to being France's number-one female recording star?
Somehow, I just don't think so. That would just be, in my opinion, incredible immature of Jeremy. Besides, I thought he willingly decided not to pursue singing? I know absolutely nothing about his career, but it sort of seems that way.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Never been married yo, don't got nutin'

Somehow, I just don't think so. That would just be, in my opinion, incredible immature of Jeremy. Besides, I thought he willingly decided not to pursue singing? I know absolutely nothing about his career, but it sort of seems that way.
Jeremy is quite active and doing good in his new career. If you don't know what that is, then he is also doing a good job of hiding it from everyone too.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:51 AM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

I'm no expert on Jérémy, but i know that he did and does a plethora of things from song writing to fashion and he even was (is?) the artistic director of the french star academy.

So, i don't believe Alizée is holding back because of him. He is successful enough on his own, although not as a singer.

Tags
advice, anniversary, itch, marrige, seven_7, year