Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-26-2013, 12:43 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well one thing we have to consider is we have maybe 30 active members here. Each one of those 30 would have completely different ideas on how this should be done. With me, I think she has made a long list of mistakes in her career and I would make every one of them blatantly obvious, but I would also point out the circumstances of the mistakes and there are many imo, but if a member discovers a contact, then they deserve to tell the story the way they think it should be told.

In this, I see a very interesting thread; tell the Alizee story, the way you see it.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-26-2013 at 12:46 AM..
Old 06-26-2013, 09:14 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I found out about Alizée from a friend of mine in Europe with whom I email regularly.

I was telling him how bored I was with american music and how I wanted to hear something different and fresh. He mentioned Alizée, so I googled her and found the youtube videos and the forum here. That was when she was 18. I loved everything about her, and the music, so I started reading anything I could find out about her.

Today, I still love her music, respect her decisions made over the time since I found out about her, as I do not know how she has been affected by everything in her universe, but know that it has been a wild ride, and at times very upsetting to her.

I believe that Jeremy took her away from Mylene, but at her young age, and being enamoured with him, I can see how this would happen to anyone. You trust them implicitly and sometimes it doesn't work out as you had hoped. I believe that today, with her past experiences, Alizée would not make the same mistakes.

As for her ink, while I agree with Scruffy about how it does nothing for her, I understand that she is of the mindset of her generation and those in her orbit, who do like to get inked. It is part of the environment and people she hangs with, who also get inked.

Again, I will not pass judgement on it, as I am not the type of person who feels that I have that right, as silly as it may seem. It's just the way I was brought up.

I will continue to be a fan and follow Alizée, and buy her work, being thankful for whatever she chooses to bestow on the public. She is the only person I have been a fan of since I was a teenager. I only wish her, her family and those in her universe, the very best in life, good health, success, and happiness for her always.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:35 PM

LaCandida95 is on a distinguished road

Well, my family was watching La Academia, which is a tv show somewhat similar to American Idol. Alizee was a guest star there. I was in my room and I remember her singing Jen Ai Marre with one of the contestants. I didnt really pay much attention to it.

After a couple moments, I went out from my room and just sat down. She came on again. This time, she sang the one song that got me into Alizee: Les Collines. It literally blew my mind away. I saw her and was just amazed with her talent and beauty. I didnt think much of downloading the song, but, after a couple hours, I was already listening to it on Youtube.

Basically, the very first album I listened from her was Une Enfant Du Siecle, which has already become one of my favorite albums of all time. After that, I started listening to her older songs. To this day, the music that takes up most of my phone is from Alizee.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

^ Wow ,you're the first guy I ever met who became a fan thanks to Les Collines ! : o
Good to hear that her recent work is still charming people !

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 06-26-2013, 11:57 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCandida95 View Post
Well, my family was watching La Academia, which is a tv show somewhat similar to American Idol. Alizee was a guest star there. I was in my room and I remember her singing Jen Ai Marre with one of the contestants. I didnt really pay much attention to it.

After a couple moments, I went out from my room and just sat down. She came on again. This time, she sang the one song that got me into Alizee: Les Collines. It literally blew my mind away. I saw her and was just amazed with her talent and beauty. I didnt think much of downloading the song, but, after a couple hours, I was already listening to it on Youtube.

Basically, the very first album I listened from her was Une Enfant Du Siecle, which has already become one of my favorite albums of all time. After that, I started listening to her older songs. To this day, the music that takes up most of my phone is from Alizee.
There's always a first for everything
Did you watch La Academia on Univision? If she performs there again I could actually watch it
Old 06-27-2013, 04:35 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
You've got me thinking now... I know that many newspapers and television stations, and radio stations are owned by a handful of large companies, and that they share content among their outlets. Maybe we could write an article "Great music you've never heard about" and submit it to them (somehow) for a weekend newspaper edition or something like that. The thing is though, rather than just having it be about Alizée, it should be about several French female singers. That way the article could have broader appeal and therefore a better chance at being run, and people who read it can still have a chance to discover Alizée. As you said, we need the contacts and we'd also need someone who could write a nice article.
That's a great idea, Ray! Also, may I suggest this: I know we have some members here who are in college. May be they they could make that article (with photos and/or videos of her if it's online version) and submit it to their college newspapers. After all, Alizee is still very attractive to young people.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
^ Wow ,you're the first guy I ever met who became a fan thanks to Les Collines ! : o
Good to hear that her recent work is still charming people !
I overall liked the style of Les Collines. If it wasnt for her appearing on that TV show, I wouldnt have found her. I literally have to listen to that song everyday. It still has that same feeling it did when I listened to it the first time.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
There's always a first for everything
Did you watch La Academia on Univision? If she performs there again I could actually watch it
It was on TV Azteca. They had another season but she didnt appear on there.

Last edited by LaCandida95; 06-27-2013 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCandida95 View Post
It was on TV Azteca. They had another season but she didnt appear on there.
Oh, I think I have that channel as well, I don't wanna miss it next time around
I think that performance was from when I was out the AAm loop a couple of years back, so I never heard of it then.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Oh, I think I have that channel as well, I don't wanna miss it next time around
I think that performance was from when I was out the AAm loop a couple of years back, so I never heard of it then.
I think her two preformances are on Youtube. The first one preformance when she sang Jen Ai Marre wasnt all that great. One of the contestants sang with her and his voice just ruined it. Her second preformance though, it was flawless and perfect!
Old 04-01-2014, 07:11 AM

Jazzmin is on a distinguished road

I discovered her thanks to an article about her and France Gall I happened to read.
The Round belong