Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-13-2017, 03:43 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

As I've witnessed myself, they do get snow there, so I'll bet they get a pretty good run off in the spring. At some point, maybe I'll look up the stats. Pretty soon we'll know this island better than we know our own back yards!
Old 08-13-2017, 05:54 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Intense rainfall can quickly turn a small creek into a raging stream.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:07 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

My downfall in this challenge was incorrectly assuming the flow was towards her, and that it was higher up into the mountains than it is. At least I got the part about her facing southeast right. #consolation

So that distant town way up in the photo is where parts of the Not-ACDLA clip were filmed.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:47 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Scruffy knows her better than most so he knew that Alizée doesn't travel too far from home.

When I was searching I was looking for where people vacationed in the mountains not for the unknown locations that the locals hang out at.

Anyways I did find some great small towns up in the hills during my search.

If you ever want a place to crawl under a rock and hide from the world, Corsica is your Island. There are some really remote small villages not too far out of Ajaccio, under a two hour drive. We're talking about driving on roads better referred to as borderline Goat trails.

If she follows this forum and finds this thread she is going to be floored that one of our members found the rock in stream she was sitting on, her jaw is going to drop.

Great find.

Last edited by ALS; 08-14-2017 at 04:53 PM..
Old 08-14-2017, 06:32 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
If she follows this forum and finds this thread she is going to be floored that one of our members found the rock in stream she was sitting on, her jaw is going to drop.
I have thought about that too. I also wonder if Annily is interested in reading Alizee forums .
I guess she would shake her head and think, some fans out there are obviously insane....

Last edited by kulli; 08-14-2017 at 07:39 PM..
Old 08-14-2017, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Scruffy knows her better than most so he knew that Alizée doesn't travel too far from home.

...........If she follows this forum and finds this thread she is going to be floored that one of our members found the rock in stream she was sitting on, her jaw is going to drop.

Great find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
I have thought about that too. I also wonder if Annily is interested in reading Alizee forums .
I guess she would shake her head and think, some fans out there are obviously insane....
Actually I think Ray knows more about 'her' than I do. I focus more on putting together videos, translations of songs, interviews,etc and trying to find interesting things to talk about where Ray I believe has looked more into her history, her culture, her likes, dislikes, etc.

They probably were having a big laugh at our expense, wondering what the heck are these guys doing, maybe even worrying a little bit about our motives.

But this, as are the things in the puzzle thread is a puzzle and it's a guy thing to like to solve puzzles. I do a sudoku puzzle just about every day and I do a monster sudoku when I travel. A puzzle like this is a lot like CSI too, adding up the clues; sun is in this direction, power lines there, water flowing this way, wider valley as opposed to narrow gorge. It's tremendously interesting, especially when you have such a powerful tool as Google Earth where you can fly up and down these streams and the incredible feature of street view adds so much interest and yet at the same time can be very frustrating, but without challenge, there would be little enjoyment.

To have a a puzzle like the one here (Alizee and Greg in the stream) that revolves around at least in my case my favorite performer, makes it all the more enjoyable. It's nothing more than that, a puzzle and if they do visit us, I hope they realize that.

Attachment 1614

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-28-2018 at 06:11 PM..
Old 08-15-2017, 12:03 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

You guys are astounding. You should be working for the CIA. You might have found Osama Bin Laden when he was hiding in the mountains. I spent some time on the search, but gave it up figuring Alizee could be anyplace on the island, and might not even be on the island. To have found the general area was amazing, but to have found the stones they sat on--out of the millions in that creek--is phenomenal. It's also mind boggling that Scuffy had taken photos of the exact area Alizee and Greg were in. Alizee doesn't speak English so I doubt she monitors this site, but if she did it would blow her mind.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:41 AM

Well there was something I mentioned briefly earlier that I'm out of work for a while. I'm sure if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have had the time to look into this.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:52 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

What happened (if you don't mind my asking)?
Old 08-15-2017, 10:57 PM

I was coming out of the back cargo bay of an Airbus A321. I went to step down on an A frame ladder. It had been raining earlier and as soon as my foot hit the ladder, it slipped off and I landed on my left shoulder. I tore my left rotator cuff with a partial tear to my bicep.

It was almost an identical injury I had to my right shoulder 2 years ago, but that time it was a Boeing product that attacked me.