Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-05-2014, 03:42 PM

Jazzmin is on a distinguished road

Wow, where do you find all those things?

Hope it doesn't sound discouraging, I like looking at them quite a lot ^^ . Although I doubt if I could afford them...
The Round belong

Old 08-05-2014, 04:47 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Here are a couple of rare ones. How long has it been since they sold cassette tapes?

Old 08-05-2014, 05:03 PM

Jazzmin is on a distinguished road

As for MCE and Gourmandises tapes, I've seen them even on Polish auctions (sold at regular prices) once or twice so I thought they weren't so rare...
The Round belong

Old 08-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
Wow, where do you find all those things?

Hope it doesn't sound discouraging, I like looking at them quite a lot ^^ . Although I doubt if I could afford them...
There is a book someone supposedly compiled all her items but i doubt it has all her items and the book seems more rare to find than the items . Also this book surely goes out of date constantly .

Mostly the items i've posted in this topic are things i find on ebay like as in stuff i'd not seen before . . .

Some on ebay France or the same site different name - priceminister - but since many of those sellers won't ship outside France i tend to be discouraged even looking there .

Many above are the lesser seen or known about ( to me ) items or simply as the title put interesting ( to me anyway ) items . Not discouraging at all , most of her stuff is relatively cheap which isn't to sound like it's all affordable to everyone as i know money can be spent more wisely on important items . Then again 10 bucks for a lighter is kinda ridiculous to pay so much for , 50 bucks for a lanyard and so on . . . Thanks for the reply/s , keeps me interested .

As for cassettes - til i sold my last car which had a tape player i'd wanted to get a few of hers . .
Also i was wondering recently if in some of the lesser technologically advanced countries if they still used older tech like tapes more than say the generation of those who are now in the US who grew up with cd/dvd . I'd guess yes on that as i'm sure that tape players/recorders are abundant and affordable . Then again probably just as many countries skipped right over tapes . . I dunno . . . Also i wonder if some tapes are bootleg as in not officially licensed material , guessing some aren't legit .

Last edited by alizeefan; 08-06-2014 at 11:58 AM..
Old 08-06-2014, 03:19 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Here's a couple of things picked up in my travels.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Where on earth did you find that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeefan View Post
Alizee patch

Shouldn't that say "2A"
^I want one of these too!
Nope its a Boeing E-3 Sentry more commonly known as AWACS, look carefully at the pitot tube on the vertical tail synonymous to a 707.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_E-3_Sentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Nice coverall/jacket patch! I remember those Navy AWACS!
AWACS generally refers to the Air Force Boeing E-3; the Navy uses the E-2 Hawkeye.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 08-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

I first purchased one of these from Hamleys in London back in 2003. They were selling these things in a small outlet on the 4th floor where you could have any photo/image you wanted imbedded into the glass as long as it was HQ. So I went back a couple of days later with this La isla Bonita image on a floppy disk ( hehe ) and voila.

I actually got this one here online some years later though..

it was lazer technology and maybe they're still doing these things if anyone is interested in having one, I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Here are a couple of rare ones. How long has it been since they sold cassette tapes?

I've never seen that MCE tape cassette from Indonesia b4, nice find. I do have the official Mes Courants Electriques tape cassette from france though and I've seen the Gourmandises you also posted one up for grabs in the past but just never got around to purchasing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Here's a couple of things picked up in my travels.

All Great items, I have those too apart from the Moi... Lolita single tape cassette. Anyway I don't think I've seen it posted on the forum before but I guess 5 was one you had autographed at Alizée's birthday autograph dedication last last year.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 08-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
^I want one of these too!
Nope its a Boeing E-3 Sentry more commonly known as AWACS, look carefully at the pitot tube on the vertical tail synonymous to a 707.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_E-3_Sentry
Hehe, I believe it is a reference to Alizée's 2A tattoo
Old 08-09-2014, 08:24 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Hehe, I believe it is a reference to Alizée's 2A tattoo
Correct.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:57 PM
Zéeologist

Antares is on a distinguished road

I picked up this oddity from Russia on eBay. With little to no details from the seller, it piqued my curiosity and I figured it was worth a few bucks to find out more about this strange item.

My suspicions were correct that this cassette was produced during the MF-era, but I was surprised to discover that most of the tracks of this "greatest hits" compilation were simply a direct rip from MCE, with a handful of Moi... Lolita and L'Alizé remixes thrown in at the end... very strange. The cassette itself seems to be a generic tape for consumer dubbing, and bears no unique markings. I can't say for sure if this cassette was legally produced (my best guess is no), but interestingly there is a disclaimer on the inner cover warning that unauthorized copying is prohibited, which I find more than just a little ironic.

Last edited by Antares; 08-25-2014 at 08:10 PM..