Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: AAm may award Alizée an Artistic Grant of €1000+. What is the MOST you pledge for it?
€ 0 = US$ 0.00 27 52.94%
€ 5 = US$ 6.70 2 3.92%
€ 10 = US$ 13.40 5 9.80%
€ 20 = US$ 26.81 8 15.69%
€ 50 = US$ 67.04 4 7.84%
€ 120+ = US$ 160.88+ 5 9.80%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Big fan of SooYoung and IU

Lucian_RO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
As an artist, I would feel offended if my fan base felt it was necessary to give me money.

Just buy her albums, her merchandise, attend a concert if possible...
I completely agree with you Jalen. She could feel offended by such a thing which I consider quite weird (sorry docdtv, I just had to say it). She could think that we look at her like to a person who desperately needs some money for everyday living. And if she accepted such a thing, I'd be disappointed.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:05 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Doc let me be the first to say that this is a very nice gesture from your part, and the letter is quite touching. In this case it's the thought that counts...

I would be more then happy to support your idea, but I think we need to think this over more. We don't want to offend Alizée or her family as others have said, and I don't think this would make any difference for her financially. I agree with investing the money to promote her, and maybe even to bring her here to play somewhere. Although I doubt we can afford her, but it's still a good idea Chuck.

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 04-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Personally, I think if Alizée wants to try something like this, then she must be the initiator of it. It is not our place to initiate or offer any such thing, or even suggest it to her. I think she would feel insulted. However, if she did do it, I would definitely consider it if it was within my budget.

There actually are artists who are trying the "subscription" idea. Part of it involves sharing with subscribers the development process. Some artists even post songs that are in progress and ask for input, thus involving the subscriber (at least to some extent) in the making of the artist's album. This special involvement is part of the compensation for subscribers who pay the extra money beyond the cost of the music. I'm not sure Alizée would be comfortable with this type of situation, because it usually requires a lot of interaction between artist and fans in order to keep the interest up.

This reminds me of the 1000 True Fans post at Alizée Nation. It's worth checking out.

Anyways, I like the idea of using any money available to simply buy her music. Personally, I've bought 4 standard CDs, the deluxe box and the Limelight picture disc. And of course I also bought the autographed CD.
This is my own little way of giving Alizée added support.

Last edited by lefty12357; 04-22-2010 at 05:17 PM..
Old 04-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Doc let me be the first to say that this is a very nice gesture from your part, and the letter is quite touching. In this case it's the thought that counts...

I would be more then happy to support your idea, but I think we need to think this over more. We don't want to offend Alizée or her family as others have said, and I don't think this would make any difference for her financially. I agree with investing the money to promote her, and maybe even to bring her here to play somewhere. Although I doubt we can afford her, but it's still a good idea Chuck.
Jess reflects my thoughts well on the issue. it's an idea that has merit, but I think will require more thought.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:24 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
I feel sending her money is a bit insulting, especially if you relate this with the special session she held for us. That was an invaluable moment for all of us. You can not thank her for that by sending her money.

As Fenris said, the best way to support her is buy her music legally, attend her concerts and all such ways.

I'm agree. This a very important matter here.
It's look like she need us to send her money, because her selling are low... It could be a very tactless way to show her our love...

Be wise,please.

Last edited by Bigdan; 04-22-2010 at 07:28 PM..
Old 04-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Personally, I think if Alizée wants to try something like this, then she must be the initiator of it.
Actually, that would be kind of tasteless, too.

I'll give her money in return for her music; it's called "buying the album." If it comes down to charity, hell, she can send me some. She has more than I do.

Seriously, I think this is a very bad idea, no matter who initiates it.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 04-22-2010, 07:43 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

I must add something : if you want to offer her something and to help her, i suggest you to do something spectacular, something special, something crazy... which could create some buzz in France....

I don't know, but if you want to use your money, buy some billboard in Las Vegas with a message for her or an ads for her album...
something that could be a "buzz news"... ( like " hey, did you know what some crazy fans of Alizée did ...) People magazine love that...

Everything that can put her in the news right now is an invaluable help.

Last edited by Bigdan; 04-22-2010 at 07:51 PM..
Old 04-22-2010, 07:52 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
I must add something : if you want to offer her something and to help her, i suggest you to do something spectacular, something special, something crazy... which could create some buzz in France....

I don't know, but if you want to use your money, buy some billboard in Las Vegas with a message for her or an ads for her album...
something that could be a "buzz news"... ( like " hey, did you know what some crazy fans of Alizée did ...) People magazine love that...

Everything that can put her in the news right now is an invaluable help.

Now, I like that idea. Expand on this.........
Old 04-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
Now, I like that idea. Expand on this.........
Seconded... please go on...
Old 04-22-2010, 08:14 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Well, the easiest way to support her is to buy her music legally, like i always did.

Guess i already invested hundreds of bucks for rare Promos, deluxe editions, singles, you name it.
If she can't make enough out of her regular sales, then no Artistic Grant in the world will save her financials.
Ofc you should seriously consider to actually BUY her stuff and not rip it for free if you call yourself a fan.

Hmm...actually I think artists typically make most of their money from doing tours and such, but yes, buying her stuff legally is definitely a solid way to show our support for our beloved Alizée! God I love her.

Tags
art, grant, money, patronage, theft