Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-12-2009, 07:13 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

When I first arrived, the forum was all a buzzed over a rumor that Alizee was coming out with a new album. Our only clue was a handwritten note from Alizee saying that she was in the studio and working. No other information was given, but man, did we ever speculate. We discussed, argued and doubted about this album. Finally, toward the middle of 2008, we started hearing sound bits that were leaked out of the studio. This was the first solid evidence that something was going to happen. When the album did come out we rejoiced. Some are very happy with her new sound some were dissapointed that she lost her 'lolita' edge. Now she's working on a new project. All I can say is....Here we go again!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:43 AM
2bz

Dark Engine is on a distinguished road

I would like to see a new image. Not the lolita again, she's too old and it's dated. But her current look reminds me of a singer from the 50's. I know she's a Madonna fan, but the look is too similar. I'd say go back to dancing more as well, but with her back issues (scoliosis?); I doubt we she will. Other than that, don't have her husband do all the beats and the album should be up to par.

Last edited by Dark Engine; 03-12-2009 at 09:55 AM..
Old 03-12-2009, 12:35 PM

outlaw is on a distinguished road
Default she'll surprise us.

i dink half her new cd will surprise us and be sung in english.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Lovin Lili Cool B

LL Cool B is on a distinguished road

Over the years, she has done a lot of great covers live. It would be nice if she threw a couple studio versions on the new album!

I would also like to mention the fact I absolutely love this giddy anticipation and speculation. Will she do this? or will she do that? English? Spanish? Tour? Will she finally come to the U.S.?

I didn't start reading this forum until after Psyc. dropped in 2007, so I missed this last time, but boy is it fun to have a since of hope. (and not that same crappy hope Obama is shoving down our throat )

-B

Alizee is my Constant
Old 03-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

its good that she's working on a new album, but i'm not expecting much from album four....and probably not going to expect this new one to be released within the next 1 1/2 yrs. Ths last time she released a 'letter' about an album...it took almost 2 yrs for that album to be released. If an album comes out this year....it will flop bigtime!!.

Alizee & new mangement would be wise to take there time with this album if alizee is serious about her music. Anything that is released now would be rushed, imo
Old 03-12-2009, 03:35 PM

IncliningPizza is on a distinguished road

Her albums have been getting consistently better. I know many people do not care for her Psychedelices album, and that Gourmandises and MCE are better. Truth is, they are different tastes. Gourmandises was the manufactured poppy sound, MCE was more for the music and new wave route of music, and Psychedelices was more about the beat and the ability to rock out. All different albums, with different sounds and different views of enjoyment.

I have a feeling that this album is going to be the best of them all. Alizee is a very smart woman, compared to many artists in her particular genre of Rock/Pop/Techno, and she knows what's going to be good or bad. I mean, after three albums, you got to have some sensible idea of what the fanatics want, n'est-ce pas?

What she must NOT do, is go back to her Lolita image. She must become her own star, that many people who do not know her as of yet must notice her as. When she seperates herself from the past, and goes forward with her own personal style best shown on the Psychedelices album, then many countries besides France and maybe Mexico, will begin to notice her a hell of a lot more than she ever could've imagined.

This is going to be awesome, guys.

And Alizee, I know you love Madonna. Please do a cover of Into The Groove for this album! I will forever be grateful, and I'm sure many others would be too.

- IncliningPizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
its good that she's working on a new album, but i'm not expecting much from album four....and probably not going to expect this new one to be released within the next 1 1/2 yrs. Ths last time she released a 'letter' about an album...it took almost 2 yrs for that album to be released. If an album comes out this year....it will flop bigtime!!.

Alizee & new mangement would be wise to take there time with this album if alizee is serious about her music. Anything that is released now would be rushed, imo
I second that motion, JCC.

If it is released this year, then yes I guarantee that it will suck. Not on Alizee's part, but on the producers. The rush to get this talented woman famous must be taken carefully, otherwise she's going to fade away like many others who have tried to keep the integrity of her genre alive.

She already has her fleet of fans, including L'ordre D'Alizee (), so there's no need to go nuts on releasing stuff that is mediocre down to awful. I mean look what Madonna did. She's the Queen of pop, yet I think anybody who has a general sense of what good music is can agree that her last few albums screwed the pooch big time.

- IncliningPizza

Last edited by Ben; 03-12-2009 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: Merged. Please don't double post.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

Its looks like a lot of people would like to see Alizee do more upbeat music like
Yelle
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsrN3qxX2Yw

and Lorie

I would like to see Alizee to make a majority of her album songs like these. If she did it would be the best selling album of hers.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 03-12-2009, 04:50 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

She need the immortal sounds/feeling of the 80ies mixed with new original music people haven't heard before. There's no coincidence she have had success with covers like La isla bonita, Ella, elle l'a (also Kate Ryan had success with that one), adelaide and Il Jouait Du Piano Debout (perhaps less known but both are still great IMO).

<3
Old 03-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Probably only wanna see some of the old stuff and some English tunes.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I would like to see an album basically pop in nature, but with a rock edge to it. When I was waiting for Psychédélices to come out, for some reason I thought she might move a bit more towards a sound like Superbus. I still was quite happy with Psych, but it does sound a little thin at times. I guess if I was her, I would avoid making the whole album a style of music that fits in a narrow niche or genre. I think she really needs to win over the mainstream with more of a mainstream sound.

I really like how her old songs sounded when played during En Concert. LB’s music, with its lush keyboard arrangements fortified with some crunchy electric guitar was a great sound, in my opinion. Her voice worked well in that situation. I’d like to hear something more like that, and I’d like her to take advantage of her lower register a bit more again. I have missed that.

Finally, I would like it to be mostly sung in French, but I think it would be nice to have a Spanish song and one or two English songs included. Hopefully, that would make everyone happy. And if possible release it in the USA...

Maybe this time around Alizée's record company has taken over selecting the music for her. I hate to see anyone dictating to Alizée, but maybe this is an area where she truly needs some help. With the right producer working with her, she could really make one hell of an album. We've seen it before with MF/LB. We shouldn't assume though, that MF/LB are the only ones in the world capable of producing a great album for Alizée. But maybe a great producer is what has been missing.

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont