Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-11-2011, 08:17 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Hey guys...not to be the harvenger of doom...but in the first ActuAlizee magazine (which is official merchandise of Alizee) it shows an interview where she admitted to having had sex before she even met Mylene...
Old 03-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hey guys...not to be the harvenger of doom...but in the first ActuAlizee magazine (which is official merchandise of Alizee) it shows an interview where she admitted to having had sex before she even met Mylene...
Well I never doubted that it was likely that Alizée was sexually active at that age, but I was always suspicious of the German magazine interview itself. It just doesn't seem likely to me that someone as shy and private as Alizée is, would speak publicly about such a personal matter, especially to some reporter from a foreign magazine.

The fact that it is repeated in official merchandise doesn't change things for me. They would likely repeat it if they thought it would help generate some buzz.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:35 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

I would imagine (not that i have any concrete evidence to prove it) that Alizee knew all about the 'birds and bees' way before she met with MF or read Lolita.
Kids tend to grow up very quickly these days...well they do where i come from.
Scruffy is correct though. It dosen't make it right.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:06 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sorry to have to pull the "wrong" train into the station, but... someone has to right?
the word is harbinger, ActuAlizée was a fan creation, not "official merchandise" (ok, I don't especially know where it came from but I thought), and Alizée said it was right after her 16th birthday, after Moi... Lolita débuted, (page 7) but anyway... since RMJ posted his recreation of the first issue from 2002, you can go read it.
I know it doesn't really change anything, but still. It's worse to pile wrong memories up and up and then make conclusions based on them.
Human memory is amazingly bad actually in general. Try to imagine what we would do without the Internet.

Merci Fanny
Old 03-12-2011, 04:34 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well picture this scenario. The Beaver (Jerry Mathers....maybe a poor choice of nicknames for this post), who has just turned 15 tells his mom, June Cleaver that their neighbor, old man Chester wants him to come over so they can watch Broke back mountain together. At first June's reaction is horror, but then she thinks about it and thinks things are a lot different now a days than they were when she was a kid and she's sure the little Beaver knows what he's doing so she says okay.
With that the Beaver walks out the door and heads for old man Chester's house. Just then a jolt of sanity hits June. She let's out a scream, runs to the door, flings it open and yells to Beaver at the top of her lungs, "Don't forget to bring some condoms!".

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-12-2011 at 04:39 AM..
Old 03-12-2011, 06:27 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Well I never doubted that it was likely that Alizée was sexually active at that age, but I was always suspicious of the German magazine interview itself. It just doesn't seem likely to me that someone as shy and private as Alizée is, would speak publicly about such a personal matter, especially to some reporter from a foreign magazine.
I must admit it's doesn't fit with her usual behavior...
Old 03-12-2011, 09:51 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Then it seems we can only speculate as to how much Alizee knew about the facts of life when she was introduced to the book. It seems teenagers are learning things at an increasingly younger age year after year. Like I said, if she was well schooled in this subject then her reading the book was no big deal, but if she wasn't, some people might say her parents might have let her do it out of greed, hoping she'd make a ton of money, but I wouldn't believe a word of that because as I'm sure those who have been around this forum a lot have heard me say many times that I always thought she had a lot of class and usually the way a young woman develops such class is from learning it from her parents.

I think as I said before, they saw she had the opportunity of a life time and they didn't want to tell her no, knowing how devestating it would be for her and they probably figured she was mature enough even at that young an age, helped out by her strong Corsican personality to know the difference between right and wrong. I also think that for that young a girl to have that type of maturity and inner strength is more the exception, than the rule.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:17 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

This was about the dress at some point, right? So...

Roman has provided an example of a “baby doll” dress and people often say that this style is (or was, at the time) popular or point out that Alizée wore more of these dresses later on in her career. Sure, but one also has to look at the dress itself, not just the style. I think there is the “baby doll” style and then there is that particular dress Alizée was wearing. Just like many clothes styles, you can have many different versions of the “baby doll” dress; for children, for adult, sober or flashy colors, see-through... That particular dress Alizée was wearing in the En concert is a children (pre-teen) dress and I don’t really see any possible debate there.

I would say that one reason to have chosen that particular dress was, as pepelepew pointed out, to make Alizée look, well, like a “baby” (or pre-teen)... and I would also add, like a “doll”. There is also, evidently, the titillating possibility that her panties could be partially revealed at some point. That certainly was something attractive for a good portion of Alizée’s fans at the time.

The dress was mainly very well suited for what I believe it was intended for; it fits perfectly some elements from the Gourmandises concept. It brings back the picnic theme of the video; summertime, checker patterns... you can also see what the En concert dancers wear during Gourmandises. It is most effective during for the “loup y es-tu?” part because Alizée does look like the little girl expecting the “wolf” to come out of anywhere and catch her, but she does not seem too eager to run away from it. For those who do not know, “loup y es-tu?” is a children’s game where a hidden “wolf” suddenly comes out of his hiding place to chase and catch the other children.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loup_y_es-tu_%3F (French)

Little Alizée not too scared to be attacked by a “wolf” (also reminiscent of ML)? If you are an adult male, I suppose you know which part you are supposed to be playing while you watch this...

At 3:30, here:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ll37NJi2H7A#t=3m30s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Just because this thread doesn't have the MDO label on it, doesn't mean it's okay to say things of an immature nature.
I never liked the MDO (mature discussion only) idea because it does make it appear like AAm needs that sort of label to have its members behave properly. We should rather aim at mature behaviour in all sections of AAm forums. People who do not respect other members or transgress any applicable rules should be dealt with according to well established procedures. The MDO label is not my idea of a well managed forum.

Last edited by Corsaire; 03-12-2011 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-12-2011, 01:11 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

A much better analysis of this dress, Corsaire. Really Scruffy, you gotta stop coming up with these crazy conspiracies. While MF surely is a genius in my mind, she is not evil or the type of person to make Alizee wear a "maternity dress" to warn her about having a child. MF puts A LOT of thought into songs and how those songs are presented.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:34 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

All I have is this.....I rather like the dress.