Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Cracka!

Shep is on a distinguished road
Default World cup, anyone?

Anyone following this? Yeah... me neither...

(btw: This was a joke. So real world cup fans... don't Jihad me)
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." - Jack Handey

Last edited by Shep; 07-09-2006 at 07:51 PM..
Old 07-09-2006, 07:54 PM
cybersoil

Thumbs up

Recorded it for Thibaud and Charles while they went to Portland (Oregon) today. Boy.. are they going to be pissed when they see how Italy won the cup in a overtime shootout! As they say, "Them's the brakes!"

Or as they say in French, "We got Screwed!"

- Cybersoil
Old 07-09-2006, 08:03 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

i never could get into soccer ... i find it very boring, and this is coming from a guy who never misses a Nascar race.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Cracka!

Shep is on a distinguished road

I don't understand the facisnation. Especially when most of the world kills each other over it. Doesn't make any sense.

What's interesting as well. Notice how our super bowl lasts a day. We get in, we get out and everyone's happy (cept the losers). The cup lasts days on end and everyone get's angry at the end...

And I thought a bowl was bigger than a cup...
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." - Jack Handey
Old 07-09-2006, 08:28 PM
cybersoil

Thumbs up

The world is weird, man... especially when it comes to soccer (football), they always seem to be pissed at one thing or another.

Gimme a dog and a coke and I'll be happy, especially while watching my Alizee videos on my 15' feet outdoor screen with my Bose speakers blaring! Actually, my 15' feet screen is my light grey garage door but it works perfect once the sun goes down. Since I live on a busy street I've even had people stop by and watch for a while. Yes, they think she's hot too! Who wouldn't? Only some freak... maybe.

-Cybersoil
Old 07-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

Anyone think Alizee must be sad after France lost out, or happy that they made it this far!
Old 07-09-2006, 08:43 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

I love soccer- I both play and referee it, but I rarely watch it on TV. It's generally boring on television and I hate to watch players pretend to be hurt.

Zidane (of France) smashed an Italian in OT. I found stills of the event, but I didn't find any video.
http://view.break.com/125523
Old 07-09-2006, 08:43 PM
=]

mando is on a distinguished road

i only missed a couple of games because i'm at home and i have so much free time right now. I like watching soccer games but i like playing street hockey. wasn't it hilarious when Zidane headbutted the Italian guy
Old 07-09-2006, 08:47 PM
cybersoil

Thumbs up

Ouch!!! that must have hurt!

I've read that she's a big soccer fan of the Ajaccio football (soccer) team, so I'm sure she's bummed out just like me. Although I lived in Vicenza, Italy back in my Army days, and do like the Italians also, I now like France more... because of obvious reasons.

-Cybersoil
Old 07-09-2006, 09:39 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

For me, the link that I posted above isn't working. However, I have an even better alternative. Watch the highlights of the game and you'll see video of the attack.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/highlights.html