Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Cracka!

Shep is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NANAKI View Post
that is because that is North Africa it is mostly desert.
I'm not a geologist, but I am a thinker... is there a way to terraform most of Africas deserts into usuable land? maybe mass tilling and irrigation or something?
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." - Jack Handey
Old 09-25-2006, 05:08 PM

General Patton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
i just got done with a 10.5 hour shift at the hospital. for those of you that dont know, i work at a naval hospital at Mayport Florida. we mostly get war veterans and marines and soldiers who were wounded in Iraq. these shifts can be brutal, especially when its mostly changing dirty bedsheets, checking vital signs, and making X-ray runs all day. to tell you the truth, i'd rather be in Iraq giving aid to those wounded marines at the batalion aid station(BAS for short). lol yeah i know i would have be out in the field with them, shooting bad guys and blowing shit up, but that sounds alot more fun than staying at the hospital wiping old ass!

what are some of you guys's jobs?
You would really want to be in Iraq?
I don't you would.... It may be boring, but at lest you have no chances of being, killed, shot up, blown to hell, or whatever.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:09 PM

Bob is on a distinguished road

i am mostly a student, but i do work part time in the local pet store =)

and im currently training to be a white water rafting guide
This post may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or bob's work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:12 PM

NANAKI is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
i just got done with a 10.5 hour shift at the hospital. for those of you that dont know, i work at a naval hospital at Mayport Florida. we mostly get war veterans and marines and soldiers who were wounded in Iraq. these shifts can be brutal, especially when its mostly changing dirty bedsheets, checking vital signs, and making X-ray runs all day. to tell you the truth, i'd rather be in Iraq giving aid to those wounded marines at the batalion aid station(BAS for short). lol yeah i know i would have be out in the field with them, shooting bad guys and blowing shit up, but that sounds alot more fun than staying at the hospital wiping old ass!

what are some of you guys's jobs?
I work at a local AMC on the weekends weekdays I'm a student and an Alizée info seeker.

Old 09-25-2006, 05:34 PM

Moe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep View Post
I'm not a geologist, but I am a thinker... is there a way to terraform most of Africas deserts into usuable land? maybe mass tilling and irrigation or something?

its called the great sahara...that would be for a reason wouldn't it?

irrigation costs alot too

Old 09-25-2006, 05:48 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
that is because that is North Africa it is mostly desert.
The MIDDLE map Einstein!
Old 09-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Cracka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
its called the great sahara...that would be for a reason wouldn't it?

irrigation costs alot too
I imagine if we were pressed for land and development, we'd eventually get around to it. I think it'd be interesting to form a 100+ year plan of terraforming slowly and maybe work on it someday.
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." - Jack Handey
Old 09-25-2006, 06:25 PM

NANAKI is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep View Post
I imagine if we were pressed for land and development, we'd eventually get around to it. I think it'd be interesting to form a 100+ year plan of terraforming slowly and maybe work on it someday.
still most of Africa is just 3rd world countries they don't have the technology that we do.

Old 09-25-2006, 06:43 PM
turn it up! :D

Urb4n is on a distinguished road

I'm a bouncer at a local comedy club for the time being. I wonder if Alizee likes standup.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Cracka!

Quote:
still most of Africa is just 3rd world countries they don't have the technology that we do.
Yeah, part of the problem is fighting governments who starve their people to continue war. Part of the program should involve either toppling or reforming those countries and help them care for their own land.