Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-25-2006, 08:56 PM
turn it up! :D

Urb4n is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep View Post
I imagine if we were pressed for land and development, we'd eventually get around to it. I think it'd be interesting to form a 100+ year plan of terraforming slowly and maybe work on it someday.
That won't be possible, at least not easily let alone efficiently. It just so happens that the part of the world you're talking about has a climate that has made the land arid and hot, and thats because the surrounding climates (of Europe, Southern Africa) force it to be that way. Assuming we diddecide to terraform the desert into something useful, we're talking about cutting short the natural habitat for lots of species of animals/plants. Part of the problem is maintaining a balance with indigenous species of plants and animals and progress. We have to work with what we are given by nature.

They say in a million years western Europe will become a huge rainforest and the majority of the lower 48 (states) will become a vast desert. With that in mind, how do you think we will be using our land then? Obviously the midwest won't be the breadbasket of America anymore and European countries will be taking an interest in the logging business. The way we live and work is based almost entirely on what geographical location we're in and what is readily available. The Environment changes our habits, we don't change the environments habits.

Same principle applies to your terraforming theory, it's neither economic, efficient, nor easy to accomplish such a feat. Nature will resist the change in the habitat to the end. Ultimately, it'll just displace thousands of animals, and when we give up on the project it'll leave the environment in the area in ruins. Attempting to Terraform an established habitat will not work, plain and simple. Now, Terraforming something like Mars is a different story, theres almost nothing there to screw up.

Ok, I'm done with my little off-topic lecture. (I had the time to type it. )

Edit : For a summary, it looks like northern Africa is SoL for a while, it can't be helped.

Last edited by Urb4n; 09-25-2006 at 08:59 PM..
Old 09-25-2006, 11:56 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

wow i really should of put that map in a different thread lol

i dont really hear much from africa...all ive heard is the incident in somalia, that movie 'congo', that other movie 'sahara', and that big ass mountain thats losing ice because of global warming(this is gonna turn into a global warming thread now lol)
Old 09-26-2006, 12:01 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Rly View Post
Hah, wasn't hard at all. Oooh, and there's RMJ's city... If only i could get about 2 inches to the south west i could see Corsica
Surprising that it shows up. And even more surprising that you know where it is.

It's not big city in world scale (less than 200 thousand people), so I could have thought that it doesn't show up as well as it does.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:47 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road

Aircraft Maintenance.

Look at Corsica, it's lit up pretty good. I thought it would look more quiet than that. ...Now, where's Alizee's house?
Old 09-26-2006, 09:44 AM
no use for a title

Quote:
jeroh

LOL! jeroh, heres a better image so you can point out your city a little better

Last edited by nurvonic; 09-26-2006 at 09:52 AM..
Old 09-26-2006, 10:49 AM
evil member!!

jeroh is on a distinguished road

better ?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 544a.JPG (21.8 KB, 57 views)
Old 09-26-2006, 10:52 AM
no use for a title

yes thats much better lol
Old 09-26-2006, 12:51 PM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Look at Africa on that map you showed with the lights. What is up with Africa? Why that continent is not united like the USA is beyond me. What a huge waste!

Africa could be a world player if they simply became united as one. Africa, get your act together!
Dude...it's the Sahara...

EDIT: OK, so it took me a while to read this thread...apparently this has already been covered.

Last edited by DJ_Greg; 09-26-2006 at 12:54 PM..
Old 09-26-2006, 03:42 PM

mibir is on a distinguished road

I'd hate to get back on topic but, I work as a part time cook.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:33 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
i just got done with a 10.5 hour shift at the hospital. for those of you that dont know, i work at a naval hospital at Mayport Florida. we mostly get war veterans and marines and soldiers who were wounded in Iraq. these shifts can be brutal, especially when its mostly changing dirty bedsheets, checking vital signs, and making X-ray runs all day. to tell you the truth, i'd rather be in Iraq giving aid to those wounded marines at the batalion aid station(BAS for short). lol yeah i know i would have be out in the field with them, shooting bad guys and blowing shit up, but that sounds alot more fun than staying at the hospital wiping old ass!

what are some of you guys's jobs?
You actually wipe peoples .... butts? That is the most disgusting job in the world... WHY DO YOU DO IT??? Why would anyone pick a job like that?

"Hey, dad and mom, guess what I wanna do when I graduate high school? I wanna go wipe peoples butts in hospitals! " Sigh, would Alizee do this?